What's new

I'm looking for this guy

If anyone in either the LA - PAC base area or KC knows him, PLEASE PM me! I haven't talked to him for a year & a half... haven't seen him for 2 years. His name is Jeff Mullin. The last I knew, he had been offloaded from the EPF with a program to increase his literacy - may be on M1 or KTL.

Attachments

• JEFF.jpg
    JEFF.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 42
More of this story...

OK, I see that so far, 91 of you have read my previous post, but no-one has contacted me yet. Upon re-reading it, I would probably be disinclined to respond to such a post, as well. So I should give some background...

Jeff is my very best friend in the world. We hit it off right away (practically inseparable) and remained close until he joined the SO and didn't really have a way to keep in touch anymore.

I was the Dissem Sec KC org late 2003 when Jeff came in asking about doing the Purif, told me he really wanted to be an auditor, etc. He had had some friends in the past that were Scn, including my 2D at the time, so he already knew about all of this from them - easiest reg cycle I ever had, except he didn't have the money to sign up, so I had him start on basic courses... I think PE was his first but we noticed he had literacy problems and backed him down to the kids study courses. He was in my office all the time that he wasn't working or on course figuring out how he was going to pay for the Purif & Objectives. He did end up paying for it very quickly and got through the Purif and Obj, then I got him paid for Student Hat so he could get M1 at no charge.

Once he was in the Academy he of course became an easy target for the SO missions that came through & he really wanted to join the SO, specifically AOLA, which he did do late 2005. There was a big uproar with the org because he had started a project prepare to join org staff prior to this that he was not going to be able to honor. The recruitment office at AOLA sent a missionaire (on Wednesday, of course!) to get him arrived on the EPF before Thursday at 2.

I had finished routing off staff at the start of the school year 2005 (my kids were important to me), so I was available to help him which was good as his family was pissed off that he was so suddenly leaving and the ED, HES, HAS and PPO were all out for blood, too. The HES and PPO showed up at his apartment while me, Jeff & the missionaire were getting finished up and just about to leave. A fun time was not had by all, but they finally had to back down when the missionaire (poor kid) got his recruiter on the phone who knew policy & took names for the KR's & such, as the SO is senior to orgs, blah, blah, blah... So he left. And I cried. Through the next few weeks I called people in his family and smoothed things over like a good little RonBot.

Of course I didn't get to talk to him, as he was on the EPF, but I did get the address from his recruiter & sent him a big birthday in a box that December. He was able to call me for a few minutes and tell me how wonderful that was, and that no one in his family had even sent him a card. Even though he's a very friendly, outgoing guy and put on his happy face for our conversation, I felt like he must be lonely, especially seeing as how there's no time for anything in the SO that doesn't contribute to clearing the planet. That was mid December 2005.

February 20, 2006 my 2D, who was still on staff, blew his post & threatened legal if any Scn tried to contact him. I decided (in like a minute) to stay with him. He was declared, but that took until the middle of May, during which time I stayed at my job where the HES was my boss.

In the meantime, Jeff had been offloaded from the EPF and someone had loaned him a cell phone for a while with a Florida area code, so we talked more during this time than we had since he'd left. He was doing maintenance for a Scn owned company on Fountain Ave, living in their building somewhere. I think they had something to do with candles, they are in the 4000 block, and their name might be "Touch of Class" or "Touch of Distinction" or something like that.

That was the last conversation I had with him, as in it I told him to please call the HES like she had asked me to relay. I'm sure she told him all about our situation and what it meant, which is why I've never heard from him again. I told him what had happened, and what was going to happen, but I had left out the part where he couldn't talk to me anymore...

We moved to Colorado the next summer, so even if he did want to contact me, all the info he has is not good anymore.

I have never been closer to another human being, and it is torturous for me to think that he may be wrapped up in that web of lies for the rest of his life, thinking that he had found eternal salvation. I have to get him out if he's still there, or just get back in touch if he left LA... the only place he would have gone is back to KC.

The pic might not show this clearly, but one of his eyes is blue, the other green.

I appreciate any and all leads.:prettyplease:

Thank you so much!

PS - I have tried to contact his family; as far as I can tell, his mom has passed away and his brother has not returned 2 calls from me. I think he's still angry with Jeff for leaving, as their mom was sick with bone cancer at the time.

Last edited:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
The best

I really wish you the best with finding him, maybe you should contact local to LA anonymous people?

Good luck anyway.

J.

Corsa

Patron with Honors
The story about you and Jeff really touched me :bigcry: . It brought back numerous memories of all the "Jeffs", that I have met and lost during all those years on staff and in the SO. If I could have them all back.... If I could know how life continued for them.... But I cannot even recall all their names.

Somehow, I could feel that your wish to find Jeff is really strong, and I'm sure you'll soon meet him :happydance: !

Thank you both for your replies. This is getting a bit discouraging so it is nice to have some encouragement!

If I could get a response from his brother then I would know for sure if he was still in LA... then I would go out there & physically find him myself but not knowing for sure I don't feel like I could spend the money for the trip.

I have definitely thought about calling Magoo for help...

Again, THANKS SO MUCH!! :thumbsup:

Zander

Patron with Honors
Thank you both for your replies. This is getting a bit discouraging so it is nice to have some encouragement!

If I could get a response from his brother then I would know for sure if he was still in LA... then I would go out there & physically find him myself but not knowing for sure I don't feel like I could spend the money for the trip.

I have definitely thought about calling Magoo for help...

Again, THANKS SO MUCH!! :thumbsup:

Your story was so heartfelt. I really wish you the best of luck in finding your friend.

Maybe you could try writing to his brother. I know you left 2 messages but you could explain everthing in a letter and it might have more impact.

Have you tried any of those people tracing websites? I'm afraid I don't have any links but I've heard that they are quite good. Maybe if anyone else knows about these sites they can put the links here.

Zander

I have tried them. The problem there is they can really only get a fix on a person if they have a phone or utilities in their name... living at the company you work for makes you hard to trace... Thank you, though. :)

EDIT: I hadn't thought about a letter... good advice, that I am taking!

Last edited:

Zander

Patron with Honors
I have tried them. The problem there is they can really only get a fix on a person if they have a phone or utilities in their name... living at the company you work for makes you hard to trace... Thank you, though. :)

EDIT: I hadn't thought about a letter... good advice, that I am taking!

I'm so glad to have been of help.

And if your letter comes across in the heartfelt way that you do here (and I'm sure it will) then I believe you will get a response. :yes:

Best of luck and let us all know the outcome :)

Zander

Terril park

Sponsor
I'd suggest you ring Chuck Beatty below. On the thread " looking for Lindy Janson" he helped a sister in contacting another sister after 30 years of no contact. She was still in the SO, so your search may be more difficult.
He may have some possible leads or suggestions.

He's a nice freindly guy.

--------------
[email protected]
http://www.freewebs.com/chuckbeatty77/
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05205/542899.stm
412-260-1170 (anyone can call me anytime)
(media call me from time to time, and I will
network anyone to media so people with firsthand
experiences can anonymously or publicly help
expose things that obviously should be changed
inside the movement.)

Thanks, Terrill. I've emailed with Chuck when I was posting on ARS but it's been a couple of years. I still have his email address somewhere.

You guys have all been so awesome with your suggestions! :happydance:

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Hi Toryismyhero,

I'm taking a guess that KC is Kansas City?

If so I'm curious to hear about how Mark Roth (Grad V CS) & Dan (BC CS) are doing these days.

You are correct.

I haven't seen either in a couple of years but the last I knew Mark was basically being the estates manager part time. He didn't want to audit anymore after he went to Flag for a comm-ev I'm guessing about 3 years ago. In fact, he and Jeff worked together at a construction company for a while! To me (at the time) he seemed disaffected by all the hoops the ED was thinking she could make him jump through, so who know? Maybe he blew. I hope so, as he's a really great guy.

Dan married Arla (Acad Supe) either 4 or 5 years ago. They were the most gung-ho couple I have ever seen, so I'd be amazed if they EVER got out.

You know people that I know - PM me!