What's new

I'm not Anonymous and have no intention on becomming one

uniquemand

Unbeliever
You come across as the nagging housewife who is so bored with life that you have to bitch & whine about something just for the sake of it. You start a thread, many people here explain thoroughly the purpose of the masks and you proceed with "but.. but.. but what about" questions.

Get a fucking life, dear. If you're so inclined to impress your Scientology friends on Facebook, then give in to their intimidation tactics (what a friend) and delete all your Anonymous "friends". And stop posting here because your friendly cult won't like that either.

Your "woe is me" comments are nauseating. :no:

OMFG. I thought I was confrontational. :)

I'm glad Yuliya feels comfortable posting here, but I do get frustrated with the lack of listening.

When posting a question, it doesn't seem to me that you are listening to the answers, Yuliya. Please continue to post, though!

what I was tryed to say, that sometimes annons are involved in group thinking.
They go to protests just because their friends do or a girl may go just because her boyfriend went. Sometimes some popular kid in high school gets an idea to go to protest and other kids follow and they have no idea what they protest and what scientology is.Just like "I went because my friends went" thingy

--

A little reflection might cause you to recognize that what you describe is not much different from how many originally became involved in scientology. It's a common pattern among people. Wanting to be a part of "the group".

Mark A. Baker

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
A little reflection might cause you to recognize that what you describe is not much different from how many originally became involved in scientology. It's a common pattern among people. Wanting to be a part of "the group".

Mark A. Baker

I wanted to change traffic lights from red to green.

Don't be scared!

From WWP site:
"Why do we wear masks?

People have asked, and continue to ask, why we wear masks. The primary reason for the masks is the protection of our identities. After all, how anonymous would we be if we exposed our faces to the world? A second reason is the protection of our lives and livelihood. Due to Scientology's Fair Game policy, we put ourselves at risk socially, politically, and financially when we speak out against this dangerous cult. This is a cult that has a well earned reputation for harassing critics and openly critical ex-scientologists at their homes and workplaces. Taking measures to protect your privacy and anonymity when confronted by an aggressively litigious cult - a cult whose mantra is "Never Defend, Always Attack!" - is a matter of common sense.

An in-depth article on the Fair Game policy can be found at Operation Clambake. A quick summary would state that any person declared Fair Game by Scientology may be attacked by legal or illegal means, and the Scientologist who commits this act may not be punished by the cult for it. While Scientology claims to have ended the policy several decades ago, they did so only in name. The cult continues to practice this policy to this day."

Actually, I was scared by the masks when Anon first started up...I was afraid it's protests would become violent (I grew up with the Weathermen, AIM and the Black Panther Party, etc.). :blush: Seems silly now that I have learned more about the Anon movement, but those were my honest feelings at first.

Now I'm totally o.k. with Anons wearing masks or not, whatever works for each individual. That's what freedom of expression is all about! :thumbsup: I actually kind of enjoy seeing pictures of the pirate costumes and elaborate mardi gras style masks and costumes, etc. They sure are attention grabbers, which is exactly the point!

Commenting not just on the Anon masks, but on the "magic" of wearing masks in general, there is something freeing and powerful about putting on a mask, too. As a teacher I used to make masks with my students and do various creative explorations with them...it allows one to briefly push back the boundaries of one's own identity of "self" for a bit and try on other personas in a safe space...very mentally healthy exercise! And FUN!!! :clap:

Firey, watch the V for Vendetta movie, for the fun of it and just to increase your cultural literacy, it might help to put the Anon masks into a bit more perspective for you.

I don't know if you were raised in Scientology, but if you were in the SO for a long time, you might have missed out on a lot of mainstream cultural ideas and viewpoints. Part of getting over Scientology is getting back into the mainstream of current cultural thought and experience for wherever you are living.

Getting out of the SO is a little like being rescued from a desert island and coming back to the "real world" of cultural attitudes, values and experiences. There is a bit of "culture shock" and adjustment, at first. I have had some friends who are Exes tell me that this process of adjusting to the "real world" took them years, so be patient with yourself. And can we all please be patient with FireDragon as her viewpoints are shifting, as they will over time? :) Thank you!

It's o.k. that members of the Anon movement are so diverse (and some are wacky! :p). Some are very dedicated to ideology of civil rights and freedom and justice...others are more in it for the fun of protesting and the "lulz" (laughs). Maybe some are just there because of some cute guy or cute girl they are attracted to, so what? A lot of people join groups for less than noble reasons...I've heard that some people even got hooked into doing Scientology in order to please somebody else! :coolwink:

All protest movements have their true believers and dedicated, die-hard change agents, and then their players, fringe members and goof-balls, etc...

I'm not part of the Anonymous movement, but I sure have paid my dues with other kinds of protest movements. I'm a baby boomer, and we cut our teeth on civil rights activities and Viet Nam protests, etc. :) Seems like, in this lifetime, it never ends! :confused2:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
What firedragon is missing is that she *is* 'anonymous', by the very nature of the group consciousness. Group consciousness doesn't imply agreement or groupthink; there are currents and counter-currents and everybody's in the soup, whether they know it or not.

Zinj

greebly

Patron with Honors
part of a group called Anonymous
What a message board is now a group?

many of annons are just hight school kids or college students who were never in and just bored and go to protests just because they have nothing better to do ,some of them don't even know what they are doing, they just think it's fun

Thx:)

My family know I protest
Most of my friends
Work colleagues

Who else needs to know.
The police and other authorities know me and my details.
The mask is worn as a symbol nothing more.
Everyone I have spoken to, I have told my name to and always raise the mask when in conversation.

The choice is there for the individual oh wait isn't this some group?

Thanks for your continued support.
Hugs
byebye

P.S> If you would like to talk to me at anytime, PM me, even go for lunch/dinner coffee or tea and cakes.