What's new

I'm not Anonymous and have no intention on becomming one

freet43

Patron with Honors
don't take this the wrong way

as all of these pictures of beautiful people that were harmed is awful...

however more people die EVERY day from doctor's mistakes, wrong prescriptions and effects of the drug pushing pharmaceutical companies...

why not protest that?

or the other atrocities world-wide...

Marina

4826263838_165143f77d.jpg

THIS IS WHY

uniquemand

Unbeliever
actually, there was TONS of publicity about the abuses. It was all over the internet. I'll bet the source of the information was alt.religion.scientology, and creeped from there to 4chan.

Why Scientology? Because it's an easy target, with ridiculous secret teachings, with a science fiction author as its founder. Seriously, what could be more fun to go after?

flashmobs are a modern phenomena. Anon, IMO, is a variant on flashmobs. I've partaken in a few different ones. The first was not anon, but was related to the critical mass movement.

good TRs, IMO, are commonplace amongst people with an interest in truth. you keep asking until you get an answer, instead of non-answers. I wish our media would learn that lesson.

Oh, and BTW, when you put the person you are responding to below your text, it's called "top-posting", and is a violation of netiquette. No biggy, I don't much care, but I noticed you doing it.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Maybe they were in before and just don't remember being in before?

Maybe they really did "come back"....

Quite a few anonymous know a LOT about Scientology, despite claiming they were never in.

What else would explain the fixation by these anonymous folks on this horrible group -Co$ - when there are lot of other horrible groups in this world and numerous other abuses etc...

Marina

:omg::thumbsup:
I'm having cogs now.
I know one girl who used to be annon but then she realized she is a returner and she is indy now. But I never thought about it this way, that lost of annons could be past lifers, may be you're right
:confused2:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Perhaps all the people who were interested in stopping the Nazi's in WWII were actually scientologists, too, PRIOR to scientology. They just hadn't found their real purpose, making money, making more money, and making others make more money, yet.

freet43

Patron with Honors
Sorry. I wish more people would respond at the top - then one doesn't have to scroll through all of the other recopied post to find the response.

Why is that considered a problem?

Marina

PS does this really bother anyone that I do that, or are you mentioning it because it is "considered" bad form? I'm not getting what the deal is...

actually, there was TONS of publicity about the abuses. It was all over the internet. I'll bet the source of the information was alt.religion.scientology, and creeped from there to 4chan.

Why Scientology? Because it's an easy target, with ridiculous secret teachings, with a science fiction author as its founder. Seriously, what could be more fun to go after?

flashmobs are a modern phenomena. Anon, IMO, is a variant on flashmobs. I've partaken in a few different ones. The first was not anon, but was related to the critical mass movement.

good TRs, IMO, are commonplace amongst people with an interest in truth. you keep asking until you get an answer, instead of non-answers. I wish our media would learn that lesson.

Oh, and BTW, when you put the person you are responding to below your text, it's called "top-posting", and is a violation of netiquette. No biggy, I don't much care, but I noticed you doing it.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
I KNOW!!! I totally know you and that's why I was surprised a bit by the effect the Scientologists were recently having on you. That's all. :love2:

Thanks. :hug:
I really was not thinking that it affects me but then I realized it does (just a little) But I'm over it.:happydance:
Just got another message " I need you to remove your Black PR about C.O.B immediately or you shall receive no further help or comm from me. Please realize it's no one else but your future at stake here. Coz if you continue this Suppressive PR of C.O.B I will take action."
:whistling:

freet43

Patron with Honors
OK. I don't follow convention just because it is convention - there must be some logical reason.

All caps - that being "shouting"- now I get that and don't do that....

But, posting at the top seems more expedient and easier for others to follow...

still waiting for someone to explain WHY it is not cool...

Marina

Just a convention.

Sindy

Crusader
Thanks. :hug:
I really was not thinking that it affects me but then I realized it does (just a little) But I'm over it.:happydance:
Just got another message " I need you to remove your Black PR about C.O.B immediately or you shall receive no further help or comm from me. Please realize it's no one else but your future at stake here. Coz if you continue this Suppressive PR of C.O.B I will take action."
:whistling:

Well, I am in awe that you still have so many 'in' Scientologists on your FB page. I have none. Anyhow, I got what you said. :)

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors
OK. I don't follow convention just because it is convention - there must be some logical reason.

All caps - that being "shouting"- now I get that and don't do that....

But, posting at the top seems more expedient and easier for others to follow...

still waiting for someone to explain WHY it is not cool...

Marina

I wouldn't say it's not cool but let me try and explain why I believe the convention exists.

Supposing you wanted to answer and quote a post and you started your reply with something like "I agree..blah blah.."

Meanwhile, some other post appears between the post you want to reply to and your newly drafted post. It says something like " The Freezone is terrible...blah blah blah..."

Now if I start to read your post at first I may think you're a Freezone basher. By putting the quote at the top I am in no doubt as to what your text refers to.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
as all of these pictures of beautiful people that were harmed is awful...

however more people die EVERY day from doctor's mistakes, wrong prescriptions and effects of the drug pushing pharmaceutical companies...

why not protest that?

or the other atrocities world-wide...

Marina

anon, from what I've been told would not have gone after the CoS if the cult hadn't freaked out on them. The Tom Cruise video was posted, and the cult (as usual) went into a tizzy trying to 'handle' the sit and get it pulled down. Some folks wonder why the heck they are freaking out like that and once they start digging---well, yikes. If the cult hadn't freaked out, some other lulz would have taken place the next week and Scientology would have been forgotten.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I wouldn't say it's not cool but let me try and explain why I believe the convention exists.

Supposing you wanted to answer and quote a post and you started your reply with something like "I agree..blah blah.."

Meanwhile, some other post appears between the post you want to reply to and your newly drafted post. It says something like " The Freezone is terrible...blah blah blah..."

Now if I start to read your post at first I may think you're a Freezone basher. By putting the quote at the top I am in no doubt as to what your text refers to.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

It's a time relation. You can also break someone else's posts up (or a group of them) and show the relationship between them, putting your comments between, wherever you are drawing those relationships. If you put all the comments on top, the relationship isn't apparent and is harder to demonstrate.

Sorry. I wish more people would respond at the top - then one doesn't have to scroll through all of the other recopied post to find the response.

Why is that considered a problem?

Marina

PS does this really bother anyone that I do that, or are you mentioning it because it is "considered" bad form? I'm not getting what the deal is...

It is often the case that intervening posts may occur which can obfuscate the initial point of a comment. I consider the "following form" where a new post follows the quoting of a prior post as superior. The remarks to which a response is being made (hopefully edited to just the points being commented upon) are first read and only then current poster's response to those prior remarks.

Prior posting confuses the issue of to what is a response intended. It's innately non-sequential in development of the thought and thereby less readily understandable.

Mark A. Baker

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
what I was tryed to say, that sometimes annons are involved in group thinking. They go to protests just because their friends do or a girl may go just because her boyfriend went. Sometimes some popular kid in high school gets an idea to go to protest and other kids follow and they have no idea what they protest and what scientology is.Just like "I went because my friends went" thingy

You come across as the nagging housewife who is so bored with life that you have to bitch & whine about something just for the sake of it. You start a thread, many people here explain thoroughly the purpose of the masks and you proceed with "but.. but.. but what about" questions.

Get a fucking life, dear. If you're so inclined to impress your Scientology friends on Facebook, then give in to their intimidation tactics (what a friend) and delete all your Anonymous "friends". And stop posting here because your friendly cult won't like that either.

Your "woe is me" comments are nauseating. :no:

Anonycat

Crusader
what about people who have no family in or people who were never in?
I know, that lots of annons are ex-scns, and I respect their privacy but i also know that many of annons are just hight school kids or college students who were never in and just bored and go to protests just because they have nothing better to do ,some of them don't even know what they are doing, they just think it's fun
--
Hi there! I'd like to answer this before reading the entire thread. In the beginning of Project Chanology, the mask from the new & excellent movie V for Vendetta was selected by Anonymous. It is really nothing more, but it came in handy as some protesters were fair gamed. What the cult will spin, is that protesters are cowards with something to hide. Terrorists. Once you discard that fraudulent attack, you have a bunch of random people protesting under the broad heading of Anonymous. To say who or what they were is impossible. It was whoever wanted to show up. Maybe some fine person you know or are related to protested without your consent or knowledge. That does not brand them Anonymous.

I have protested a couple of times with Anonymous over the past few years - does that make me Anonymous? I was in the cult of sci, so am I am ex and OG? Am I being given a title for good reason? I think not. It is a device to make us feel less like a team or community. You, I, and pretty much everyone here are happy to be together and share a great deal in common.

As far as kids protesting, I think there were more youth in the very beginning of Chanology. It was the internet that took a stand against the cult, and what a stand it has been. To me, the Anonymous protest movement has had stunning results. Things that are well known to the public: Beatings, abortions, Xenu & the hundreds of billions of alien souls story, and the crimes and recognition of the cult has been brought to the attention of the world. Not bad for a bunch of bored kids, eh? Seriously, friend, it took the work of you, I, and any good citizen who cared to make a positive difference in the world. If I eat an ant am I an Anteater? If I picketed with Anonymous, am I "one of them"?