What's new

I'm thinking about leaving Christian Church.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
After I got kicked out of Sea Org,I tried almost every single religion and ended up going to Christian Church for a while.
I never talked in Bible class, but last week I just could not help it.
There was a man,who told a story about his mother,who died and after she died,he was able to talk to her.
Everybody laughed at him and i took his side. I said,I believe in spiritual connection and I told them a story about my grandmother who died at night,
on my mom's birtghday. She went to my mom's room after she died,woke her up and told her that she is leaving.
(Actualy,before my grandmother died, she did not recognize anybody and i was doing location assists to her for a few hours.And she even was not Scientologist.)
The sunday school teacher told me that I was talking to the Devil. He was trying to trick me and I have to be carefull. And some other lady told me that
I must be possesed by a demon..
I did not say anything,but there is a big chance I never will go back there again

Julian100

Patron
how did you get kicked out of the org? yea i had a bad christian experience too. This guy i knew had sex with 3 dudes cuz he was mad at god. But he was a hardcore christian. I mean he would literally sweat at me when I wasn't dedicated enought to be christian. He would say he knows the truth and the truth hurts and that all other religions are going to hell.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
how did you get kicked out of the org? yea i had a bad christian experience too. This guy i knew had sex with 3 dudes cuz he was mad at god. But he was a hardcore christian. I mean he would literally sweat at me when I wasn't dedicated enought to be christian. He would say he knows the truth and the truth hurts and that all other religions are going to hell.

I have my story about being kicked out of Sea Org as my signature.
Just click below.
Warning!It may sound crazy.

Gadfly

Crusader
After I got kicked out of Sea Org,I tried almost every single religion and ended up going to Christian Church for a while.
There was a man,who told a story about his mother,who died and after she died,he was able to talk to her.
Everybody laughed at him and i took his side. I said,I believe in spiritual connection and I told them a story about my grandmother who died at night,
on my mom's birtghday. She went to my mom's room after she died,woke her up and told her that she is leaving.
(Actualy,before my grandmother died, she did not recognize anybody and i was doing location assists to her for a few hours.And she even was not Scientologist.)
The sunday school teacher told me that I was talking to the Devil. He was trying to trick me and I have to be carefull. And some other lady told me that
I did not say anything,but there is a big chance I never will go back there again

RG, do whatever you feel is right for you. If there are ideas in Christianity that resonate for you, but you don't like the current denomination or group, then search and find another one that is more agreeable to you.

It is interesting that your Sunday School teacher told you that you must have been "talking to the devil".

I had an "ESP" sort of experience yesterday. I buy my food at a local organic health food store. The owners are strict 7th Day Adventists (too severe for me, but they are VERY nice and sincere people). I thought yesterday morning, "oh, they must have new organic produce". It just flashed into my mind. It wasn't the day when they should have or get it in.

When I went in, she told me that she thought to call me, but forgot to. I told her that I "got the message anyway", and joked about the telepathic nature of such things. We had a small conversation about coincidences, knowing who was calling on the phone, thinking of a person and then they call - that sort of thing. She immediately explained that all of that type phenomena was due to God and the Holy Spirit. I didn't get into any deep discussion, because all I would do is probably disagree with her and explain it differently, plus and I like her, her viewpoint works for her, and in a certain sense, with a loose interpretation of terms, I can't disgree really.

The point is that THIS Christian person, while acknowledging "non-physical communication", did not attribute it to "the devil". Christian people and groups cover a very large cross-section of opinions and views, and they do NOT at all look at things the same way. Explore around. Experiment. And, don't take it too seriously.

NeXTep

Patron with Honors

RG you have guts to go in there and tell them about connecting with spirits.

Their reaction does not surprise me actually. In any case if you seek enlightment I don't think the christian church has to offer anything. With which I don't want to invalidate in any way the teachings of Jesus, those teachings contain some of the very basic truths, unfortunately not understood by many. Much less by the organized churches.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are "Christian" churches and there are Churches that teach you to TRY to ne more Christlike. I prefer the second.

Love

Bob

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious

QUOTE]
Yeah. This week I'm going go there and talk about my daughter's reicornation.
She is 2 and keeps blabering about living in China and other places.
She can spell some words,includding her name,can count up to 100 and knows a lot of stuff even I don't know.
It all started when she was 1. She was watching Barney.There was an Assian-looking girl.She pointed at her and said, "Girl!China!"
And now she talks more and more about all kinds of things!
I guess,they will say that she is possesed by demon too!

hartley

Patron with Honors
A friend of mine was driving to the hospital where his mother had been taken after a heart attack. He felt that she was sat in the back seat telling him there was no need to hurry as she had died already which he found to be the case when he arrived.

The sunday school teacher told me that I was talking to the Devil. He was trying to trick me and I have to be carefull.
Contact with the 'other side' is rejected by mainstream Churches as a heresy. The Spiritualist Movement in the 19th Century still has followers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualist_Church
So if you do believe in this there are others who agree with you!

Personally I don't, which means that either these people are frauds (which many were proven to be) or the phenomena they are observing are not the spirits of the dead, in Christian terms something is trying to trick us.

As always beware of those who have found the Truth, listen rather to those still seeking it.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
A friend of mine was driving to the hospital where his mother had been taken after a heart attack. He felt that she was sat in the back seat telling him there was no need to hurry as she had died already which he found to be the case when he arrived.

Contact with the 'other side' is rejected by mainstream Churches as a heresy. The Spiritualist Movement in the 19th Century still has followers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualist_Church
So if you do believe in this there are others who agree with you!

Personally I don't, which means that either these people are frauds (which many were proven to be) or the phenomena they are observing are not the spirits of the dead, in Christian terms something is trying to trick us.

As always beware of those who have found the Truth, listen rather to those still seeking it.
~~~~~

Check out my post that I posted " Drugs" That was a story about my daughter who I was talking, before she was even bon.
(I think,she is some kind of OT or something)
I told that to my Bible school teacher and she just shook her head and told me to be careful.

~~~~

Gadfly

Crusader
~~~~~

Check out my post that I posted " Drugs" That was a story about my daughter who I was talking, before she was even bon.
(I think,she is some kind of OT or something)
I told that to my Bible school teacher and she just shook her head and told me to be careful.

~~~~

Well, from a certain generalized view, many Christians have a philosophical antipathy to anything involving New Age ideas. Scientology largely falls within the spectrum of "New Age" ideas. In simple terms, for the most part, all versions of modern Christianity have the opinion that you only live ONE life, that you either go to Heaven or Hell when it is all over, that there is no such thing as "expansion of awareness" or "enlightenment", and that salvation ONLY involves what is discussed in the Bible. Quite a few of them view any and all impulses towards "enlightenment" and "expansion" (no matter what the form) as urgings of the Devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc).

Most hard-core type Christians, will view anything New Age suspiciously, and will try to dissuade you from involvement. That includes anything having to do with Yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, meditation, the occult, various self-help avenues, visualization techniques, magick, and so forth. Just as Scientology dogma conceives itself to hold the ONLY TRUE ANSWERS, so do many Christians (and Jews, and Muslims, and everything elses). Sadly, all too often, most belief systems have little tolerance for anything that falls outside of ones own system of belief.

ExVet

Patron with Honors
You were very brave expressing your viewpoint and personal experience to a group that did not want to hear about it. Personally, after my experience in Scientology and the Sea Org I decided to skip organized religion altogether. At the risk of sounding like a whack job, it was my personal rediscovery of God that got me out of the group. I just stick to that personal relationship and keep it to myself and that is how I got through a horrendous situation in the SO and got back with my family. The website that started all that for me is here:

http://www.godtalkstoyou.com/

Good luck to you in whatever path you decide to take.

Wisened One

Crusader
I also tried a couple religions when we left Staff...and I just couldn't really stand any groups, and yeah they all believe in the Bible and stuff, and I just don't (not in the same way as most religions do, anyways).

I do once in a while enjoy (for some reason) going to a beautiful High Mass and using my rosary (I was officially Catholic before joining scn) and I have a lot of agreements with New Thought religion, and in some of the Pagan paths, but have never really gone to any other church, probably never will.

I'm too much of a Heinz 57, anyways. :p

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron

I went to a couple of different Christian churches after leaving scientology: Catholic, Baptist and Lutheran. I preferred the Lutheran church. But in the end I just really felt like I once again was being told what to believe, how to practice my religious beliefs and I have just gotten to the point where I personally do not want to be a part of any organized religion.

I do have faith. The best part is that I have realized I do not need a group to have it.

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
She can spell some words,includding her name,can count up to 100 and knows a lot of stuff even I don't know.
It all started when she was 1. She was watching Barney.There was an Assian-looking girl.She pointed at her and said, "Girl!China!"

Good luck RG. :eyeroll:

You have an amazing kid. :thumbsup:

If you feel that you can create a safe space for her during that meeting then I would not bother. They may freak out a bit but as long as they don't go into inval/eval it should be ok.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Your Integrity

I would read the Code of Honor. It contains wisdom of being true to yourself.

Were you attending the Christian Church just to please your husband ??

pittny12

Patron with Honors
As a God fearing believer I dont follow one type of religion. That is to say, I believe in God only, not man made religions. In the Bible it speaks of false prophets, people being able to recite the bible from the beginning to the end but distorting the facts to serve their own interpetation. Read, study and understand for yourself. That is the best advice for anything in life, and especially true of this. It sounds as if this church that you are attending is not "right" for you and you arent getting "spirtitually fed". I wouldnt give up though. Like searching for any good thing it takes time, patience, investigation and understanding. I know from my own personal experience that contact with those loved ones that have left this world is possible and never in my experience did I relate feeling the loving prescence of my mother or grandmother to having had anything to do with the devil. As with anything, there are extremist in any religion. Like I said before read the Bible for yourself and you will be well armed and informed so that you can find the "right" church for yourself. Good luck on your quest and God bless.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

That is so cool! My daughter did something similar when she was 4. She said "if you die when you're a kid, do you get another chance to be a kid?" I said that I thought so, and she said "It feels weird, like I'm adopted or something". (this was completely unprompted. In our "Christian" household, past lives are never brought up or discussed . . . it was not a concept she had been exposed to prior to that statment).

I go to a Christian church (bite my tongue a lot, but find some good there), but this is one subject I won't discuss with my Christian friends -- it upsets them way too much, it's just too contradictory to their current understanding of the Bible.

Though I will never be blindly adhere to any organized religion again, I wouldn't write off the Christian church; at least they are trying. Jesus was amazing. People have corrupted what he was trying to say, but the people who sincerely try to follow his teachings have very good hearts and are wonderful friends. . . at least in my experience.

Good luck,
TL

moontaco

Patron with Honors

QUOTE]
I find this very interesting! Personally, I don't really believe in past lives--but sometimes things like this make me wonder. Had she ever heard of China before she used the word? (I mean, in this life!)

I don't think you will get a very good reception for discussion of reincarnation in most Christian churches. Maybe there are exceptions...? But I am wondering what makes you want to go there, because frankly, it doesn't seem like the right place for someone with your beliefs.