What's new

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM NICK XENONPHON'S OFFICE RE: PETITIONS

anon2487

Patron with Honors
There's been a lot of confusion about what to do with the petitions.

This is a FINAL, DEFINITIVE answer (from Carmel, and Sen. Xenophon's office):

Please fax or email the petitions to Senator Xenophon's office today AND send the originals by post.

Please clearly state "Scientology petition" in the subject line of your email.

By email: [email protected]
Pls cc [email protected]

By Fax: 08 8232 3744

By Fax (International): +61 8 8232 3744

By Mail: 212 Grenfell Street, ADELAIDE, SA, 5000
If you've already sent yours by conventional mail, please could you post the "number of people who signed, city, country" in this thread.

Also if you've not signed the e petition...DO EEEET NOW!!! :)

http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/32251.html

A WWP Mod has access to it, and they will be ensuring it's received safe and sound. Link in my signature.

Thanks.

Last edited:

anon2487

Patron with Honors
I know how you feel.

I think I've just wasted a whole lotta time. Aaaanyway....

The good news is that (if this info is accurate), anyone in possession of old petitions re the tax exempt status, canand should forward them.

Is this limited to Australian citizens only? If he also wants people from outside of Australia to send letters , I'd be happy to send his office a signed letter if it would help

byte301

Crusader
I know how you feel.

I think I've just wasted a whole lotta time. Aaaanyway....

The good news is that (if this info is accurate), anyone in possession of old petitions re the tax exempt status, canand should forward them.

Yeah, but that doesn't give us any time to make it before they meet in Parliament today.

This leaves other countries totally out of making the deadline.:no:

anon2487

Patron with Honors
I'm confused. Is THIS petition good now?

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petiti...nto-the-church-of-scientology/signatures.html

It's got 766 sigs on it now.

Is it just the other petitions signed in the real world that have to be sent snail mail and not scanned and copied?
If it's gonna be of value, it'll have to be forwarded by whoever created it (because then the Senator can see the IP addresses)...otherwise it's pretty much meh...

I've been trying hard to find out who created it, but no joy so far. I did email them too (as there's a contact creator bit at the bottom, but I've heard nothing back).

TinyDancer (a mod on WWP) mentioned that she'd heard people discussing the wording and format on ESMB, so I don't know, was it someone on here who created it?

Carmel

Crusader
I'm confused. Is THIS petition good now?

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petiti...nto-the-church-of-scientology/signatures.html

It's got 766 sigs on it now.

Is it just the other petitions signed in the real world that have to be sent snail mail and not scanned and copied?
Yes, it's all good.

Original signed petitions have more weight, but everything and anything showing support, including international support, is valuable.

The info on the op is contra to what I was told by Xen's office on Friday, and I haven't been able to speak to the guy I need to speak to about this, yet. When I do, I'll get back to you.

Please realise that none of your efforts have been wasted....any and all of the petitions whether "original" or not, and their existence, will assist and add to the case in favour of a Senate Inquiry.

byte301

Crusader
If it's gonna be of value, it'll have to be forwarded by whoever created it (because then the Senator can see the IP addresses)...otherwise it's pretty much meh...

I've been trying hard to find out who created it, but no joy so far. I did email them too (as there's a contact creator bit at the bottom, but I've heard nothing back).

TinyDancer (a mod on WWP) mentioned that she'd heard people discussing the wording and format on ESMB, so I don't know, was it someone on here who created it?

No I don't think any of us did that. You might pm Michael Pattison about it. I seem to recall he posted a thread about it on wwp.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
I'm gonna phone up their office and confirm that this is accurate. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO CREATED THE ONLINE PETITION, PLS COULD YOU SAY NOW, so that I can ask (the Senator's office) what they'd like to be done with it.

The way I understood it, time was really of the essence on the petition front.

Thanks.

EDIT: Your post appeared whilst I was typing this one Carmel. Will amend OP, and warn people on WWP that whilst the information may be accurate, it's NOT been confirmed by you. [Does that sound sensible?]

Carmel

Crusader
Question - who is "nex" and who did he speak to? This sounds sus to me.

The person he spoke to could have just given him a "standard line", and/or be giving us a furffy......I don't know.

I spoke to Rohan Wenn, Sen X's senior chief and media advisor on Friday. he wanted the petitions faxed or scanned and emailed through.

Who knows "nex"? We need more data before we just buy this.

byte301

Crusader
Yes, it's all good.

Original signed petitions have more weight, but everything and anything showing support, including international support, is valuable.

The info on the op is contra to what I was told by Xen's office on Friday, and I haven't been able to speak to the guy I need to speak to about this, yet. When I do, I'll get back to you.

Please realise that none of your efforts have been wasted....any and all of the petitions whether "original" or not, and their existence, will assist and add to the case in favour of a Senate Inquiry.

Thanks Carmel. I was pulling my hair out!

Mystic

Crusader
In whiteman world, human signature is a god. Ain't no contract without a sig. Ain't legal without a sig. No sig, it doesn't exit, stfu and gtfo. Hand-written sig. If you don't know how to write, just put your

X

right there on the dotted line.

Carmel

Crusader
Rohan Wenn has just said that we do need originals, and that it won't be too late.

I'm sorry about the change of advice. I don't have all the info, but PLEASE do send originals.

FYI, the online petition is still a go.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Rohan Wenn has just said that we do need originals, and that it won't be too late.

I'm sorry about the change of advice. I don't have all the info, but PLEASE do send originals.

FYI, the online petition is still a go.
Carmel, I'm trying to find out who created the online petition too. Can you clarify what needs to be done with it, so that if I'm able to find them, I can let them know.

Thanks.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think the on line sigs would be good. I haven't tried, but I don't think you can skew the count by signing the same petition repeated times because the IPs would show any such attempt. That is why the "Internet Mafia" sent Tory flying all around the country to open accounts from different IPs in different parts of the country; so that messages sent from those IPs would look like a huge grass roots movement from "everywhere".

Plus a lot of people signed with their real names.

I don't know but I suspect that this "news" is just an attempt to put people into apathy about signing petitions. Of course we want to be effective and post our support where it will count, but as Carmel says NO effort is wasted.

I for one will be happy to sign again in whatever form is acceptable and useable to Senator Xenophon.

If you haven't signed this one yet please do so now. It only takes a few seconds.

Carmel

Crusader
Carmel, I'm trying to find out who created the online petition too. Can you clarify what needs to be done with it, so that if I'm able to find them, I can let them know.

Thanks.
I don't know who created it, just that it IS still a go.

When I find out what needs to be done with it, I'll let you know.