What's new

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM NICK XENONPHON'S OFFICE RE: PETITIONS

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Don't sweat it too much. IMO, the On-line Petition is quite useful.

Amongst other things it shows;

the existence of a body of support for Sen Xenophon,

that many former-scientologists from Australia (and around the world) have decided to openly oppose the corruption and inhumanity rife in the CofS,

that these people are willing to stand against it like never before, and finally

that some people still have a sense of humour when it comes to scientology but aren't always too clever about the appropriate use of it. :D

fisherman

Patron with Honors
Carmel seems to have a handle on it.

NOTE: I would think that even in a 'worst case' scenario a Senator with 'parliamentary privileges' can problem 'spin' his way out of the situation by simply saying:

"I've received faxed petitions totaling XXX,XXX,XXX with the originals on there way. I beg the Senate's indulgence, but expect this is a true representation of the petitioners etc..."

He is an attorney, right?

fisherman

byte301

Crusader
This brings up an important point imo.

While I believe nex is legit. we should probably be careful in the future about people who start petitions, change contact info in the middle of the stream, etc.

That online petition could be totally bogus if it wasn't started by someone who is known and trusted. Likewise with the new contact info.

Anyone could register at wwp and start a petition or whatever, then just dump it when it's done. Especially when there's a deadline and everyone is rushing around like crazy. People might not notice if the op was legit or not.

It would be a good way to derail people and get them off target.

Jus sayin...

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I believe Nex is a MelbAnon. Can probably be contacted on the MelbAnons IRC channel.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
This brings up an important point imo.

While I believe nex is legit. we should probably be careful in the future about people who start petitions, change contact info in the middle of the stream, etc.

That online petition could be totally bogus if it wasn't started by someone who is known and trusted. Likewise with the new contact info.

Anyone could register at wwp and start a petition or whatever, then just dump it when it's done. Especially when there's a deadline and everyone is rushing around like crazy. People might not notice if the op was legit or not.

It would be a good way to derail people and get them off target.

Jus sayin...
I agree. I've been trying to find out for this reason.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
E-petition has been sent

I just received an email from the Petition author that the petition containing 792 sigs has been emailed to Senator Xenophon.:happydance:

nex

Yes....I am legit :/

No I did not create the online petition.

I'm one of the 4 organisers from Melbraid.

I apologise for changing the contact info. It's what his office provided me with.

nex

Question - who is "nex" and who did he speak to? This sounds sus to me.

The person he spoke to could have just given him a "standard line", and/or be giving us a furffy......I don't know.

I spoke to Rohan Wenn, Sen X's senior chief and media advisor on Friday. he wanted the petitions faxed or scanned and emailed through.

Who knows "nex"? We need more data before we just buy this.

Also. She. I am a she. And if you like, feel free to call his office. I've been speaking to Evelyn on and off since 8:45 this morning. She knows me as Hannah. Feel free to verify.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Don't worry Nex, Carmel confirmed everything you said. No one was taking a shot at you, it's just the natural skepticism that comes with the turf, unfortunately.

Last edited:

nex

Oh snazzy. I got a PM on WWP asking me to check this thread and wondering if I created it.

*hides*

And I wasn't worried that people were taking shots at me. My pride isn't that fragile :) I was just offering details to confirm stuff.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Oh snazzy. I got a PM on WWP asking me to check this thread and wondering if I created it.

*hides*

And I wasn't worried that people were taking shots at me. My pride isn't that fragile :) I was just offering details to confirm stuff.

:)

byte301

Crusader

*hides*

Don't worry. We love ya. We ARE the hugbox you know.:p

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for your prompt response, Nex. :thumbsup:

So now we need to know who Anon101 is. Hopefully it is not the nick of Cyrus or one of his trolls.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your prompt response, Nex. :thumbsup:

So now we need to know who Anon101 is. Hopefully it is not the nick of Cyrus or one of his trolls.
Good news on two (point one) counts:

(1) "Anon101" has handed the login details to the account to TinyDancer (mod on WWP). He did this as an act of good faith, as he knew people were concerned...won't bore you with the backstory.

(2) The vote has been deferred til Tuesday, so plenty more time, to get plenty more sigs, and even more of the petitions to the office :)

(2.1) e petition currently at 831 signatures, so should easily be over 1000 by the time it's handed in.

That is all.

Carmel

Crusader
Did you anons get the message that it was an INCORRECT instruction to not send all petitions via fax or email, before you post them?

My message to Rohan this morning (while he was doing a press conference), was misunderstood, and the answer I got back from him, was incorrect.

He certainly does need and want the petitons faxed or emailed to him, before they are posted, and can't believe that anyone from Xen's office was told anything to the contrary.

Nex, who did you speak to in Senator Xenophon's office?

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Did you anons get the message that it was an INCORRECT instruction to not send all petitions via fax or email, before you post them?

My message to Rohan this morning (while he was doing a press conference), was misunderstood, and the answer I got back from him, was incorrect.

He certainly does need and want the petitons faxed or emailed to him, before they are posted, and can't believe that anyone from Xen's office was told anything to the contrary.

Nex, who did you speak to in Senator Xenophon's office?

Gaad, I'm supposed to be in bed. :screwy:

I'll alert WWP, and change the OP again. When I hit the sack they definitely didn't know.

This has to be one of the most counter-productive threads in a while...I blame the OP personally...oh...er...yeah....

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
Gaad, I'm supposed to be in bed. :screwy:

I'll alert WWP, and change the OP again. When I hit the sack they definitely didn't know.

This has to be one of the most counter-productive threads in a while...I blame the OP personally...oh...er...yeah....
Bugger!!!

I think that someone I know did change the op over at WWP.....or at least I'm hoping so.

How many hours ago, did you hit the sack?

Does anyone know if anyone sent off petitions in mail without copying and emailing or faxing, before they went in the post?

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Does anyone know if anyone sent off petitions in mail without copying and emailing or faxing, before they went in the post?
Tbh, I was more concerned with trying to get the login info for the e petition so I really don't know.

I'm creating a new thread though over there, and pointing links from the 2 ones with the back and forth information in, so I'll ask people to state whether they have sent them already, and if so what the numbers were, etc.

That's about the best I can do I'm afraid.

As far as who Nex spoke to, she said it was someone called Evelyn. Though the pseudonym Nex used was Hannah.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Re the e petition, I'll just leave that out of it altogether, as the person with access can easily speak with you anyway (as I understand it).