In and Out of the Dungeon

SteptInIt

Patron
Had an ex-SO member that I tried to "help" get back moving on the Bridge tell me his story of being put on the RPF's RPF just after the hospital in LA was bought. They tossed him in the basement to start cleaning and wouldn't let him out. It was filthy, wet and cold and they would pass him food, but not let him out. He was freaked out because there were a lot of ghosts down there too. He wandered around for weeks and finally got sick of it and threatened to call the police if they didn't let him out and got offloaded.

For some "reason", later in life when I knew him, he was very sick with an incurable disease (can't remember which one) which completely interfered with his ability to get auditing and he could only get assists and repeated PTS handlings, which did nothing of course (and which I finally refused to do do any more of on him). The doctors he saw would not acknowledge the disease and since the C/S couldn't solve anything on him, he got treated by Tech and Ethics as a No Case Gain PC unofficially so he could still be regged and do courses when he wasn't in too much pain.

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow, SteptInIt. What an intense and sad story of that SO Member! I hope he eventually did find some medical treatment that helped him? I've also known several Staff that were simply 'passed off' and 'ignored' when they got ill and the church couldn't or wouldn't help them. :angry:

Soon, this is all coming to an end, though! SOOOOON!!:coolwink:

And allow me to welcome ya to ESMB (if I haven't already, there have been a LOT of newbies joining lately!).

But I'd like to hear more of this story (as well as yours) when you're ready...

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Holy crap, I know the basement very very well. I hated that place...no...I was shit scared of that place. I couldn't be down there for more than a few mnutes before weird scarey pictures entered my mind. My own pictures or not, I was scared out of my mind.

And the end is definately coming for the cult. :thumbsup:

Doom

Lurking.
The basement at the CofS in sydney was alot like that, Scary as hell and the lights were dodgy too:nervous:.

Wisened One

Crusader
Places like that woulda scared me too!!

Now tho: If that happened to me, I woulda tried to make the most of it and started recording for EVP's or somethin'...:p

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, I think the whole building is haunted. I spent the night a couple of times in Leb Hall and felt really intchy for days afterward.

SteptInIt

Patron
Actually, I think the whole building is haunted. I spent the night a couple of times in Leb Hall and felt really intchy for days afterward.

:dieslaughing: Stayed in berthing there for 1 disgusted night when going to ITO before I went and rented an apartment with 5 other trainees.