What's new

Independent Checksheets Foundation

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Independent Checksheets Foundation
http://independentchecksheetfnd.org/

This foundation is dedicated to providing the History and materials of Dianetics and Scientology to anyone who wishes to gain a full understanding of the subject.

The documents provided here serve three purposes: 1) Educational & Scientific Research. 2) Religious 3) Historical

Educational & Scientific:

Many individuals wish to know what the subject is but only know the most outrageous of the teaching and so never learn what it is truly about. This site will give a full chronological study of the writings of L. Ron Hubbard. With Basic to advanced Courses in the material that can be downloaded and used to gain a full understanding of the data without bias. Many amazing stories have been forwarded by practitioners of the applied religious philosophy of Scientology. Scientific validation of these can only be accomplished by exactly following the experiment as laid out by the originator who accomplished the results. Here anyone who wishes can learn the data to test this technology for themselves.

Religious:

Many individuals that were once part of the Church of Scientology are no longer welcome as they have taken a stand against what they see as abuses of the applied religious philosophy of L. Ron Hubbard and other members of the church by the church leadership. These individuals still wish to study these materials so that they can continue to practice their religious beliefs without interference.

Historical:

Scientology history has been obscured and falsified by the PR machine of the Church of Scientology as well as the Public Press. Here we will be compiling the stories of people who were there. You will also be able to find the changes that the policy’s and technical bulletins of the church went through to become what they are today.

All three of the above are hampered by the Church of Scientology and other organizations who have decided that they know the truth about Dianetics and Scientology. This site is here to allow these three functions to occur unimpeded. All articles on individual experience will be validated (Except their opinions or how they felt). All scriptures verified against originals or validated by those who studied or compiled it. Where lies exist truth cannot be known. Thinking stops when someone thinks or is convinced they already know the answer. This is only a problem when what they think they know is based on lies. When you have truth you think with it, NOT ABOUT IT. The way to truth is through experience and testing. There is no other road to truth. This site gives anyone a way to gain a full understanding of the subject through study and application so that they can find out what is true for themselves.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I looked at the HQS check sheet and it brought back in an instant all the time wasting, money wasting, misery, and redging. About the only thing that was fun was TR0-BB, which, of course, was a blast ... but that too became extremely boring after awhile.

Pete

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I looked at the HQS check sheet and it brought back in an instant all the time wasting, money wasting, misery, and redging. About the only thing that was fun was TR0-BB, which, of course, was a blast ... but that too became extremely boring after awhile.

Pete
I looked at it too, and had the opposite reaction. For me, that was when scn was still all a lot of fun. I thought that was a great course. It cost $100 when I did it in 1975. I ran my twin, a very "solid" guy, on Op Pro by Dup for about 2 weeks. He never did go exterior (the HCOB said that was part of the EP; maybe that was changed later?) but had a big win, became less introverted and more outgoing. I wanted to continue to ext but the C/S said to let him have his win.

For me the misery didn't start until much later.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I wonder what the purification rundown has to do with science. Actually, what do any of the run downs have to do with science.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Cowards.

These checksheets look just like the CofS ones for the same courses, except they don't say CofS on them. They refer to HCOBs, like good little ronbots. All well and good *on the surface*, but there is a big problem.

In the CofS you pay for the course, do the paperwork etc., buy your own pack of issues from the bookstore, get a checksheet from Course Admin, go into the courseroom and off you go. But in an Indie courseroom you can't do that. Why? *They can't legally give you a pack* containing xeroxed or locally-reprinted HCOBs.

The one I looked at online said they don't sell courses, they sell supervision. They then said it costs $2400 or something (6 weeks x 40 hours x $10 an hour) for the Solo Course [sic!], but BYOP (bring your own pack and checksheet). The checksheet's easy as you just download it, but what about the pack? Well, you can use an old CofS one you've got laying around, or can pick up on eBay, or something. Dunno what the something is. I bet they have a fine old time when someone who's paid them $2400 cash turns up with an illegal xeroxed issue.

I looked at all this and posted about it back in 2004. The only solution I saw was to use Clearbird issues, legally available and even downloadable. I delivered Level 0 to someone in Reno using a Clearbird printed pack and it worked out fine, and was legal.

This announcement also appeared on a FB Scn group. I asked what they were doing for checksheets and packs and received the cryptic answer that they hadn't announced it yet. Two days later that FB thread had been "accidentally" deleted and a new announcement saying the same thing (but without my comment) appeared. I say it again: chicken. :p

-----

I see they don't have OT2/3 checksheets. They are welcome to use mine, which have been online since 2004, and link to Prometheus online issues. They are much better* checksheets than the CofS ones (I used to sup these courses at Saint Hill).

OT2/3 checksheets at http://freewebs.com/squirrelacademy

*better here means in accordance with Hubbard's instructions, not "quicker" or "producing better results on the level."

Paul

Last edited:

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron

I wonder what the purification rundown has to do with science. Actually, what do any of the run downs have to do with science.

They are being slightly sneaky here (unlike iScientology, which flat out claims that Scientology is "Scientific").

Many amazing stories have been forwarded by practitioners of the applied religious philosophy of Scientology. Scientific validation of these can only be accomplished by exactly following the experiment as laid out by the originator who accomplished the results.

See? You can play scientist and attempt to do the scientific validation no one in Scientology ever bothered to attempt!

Of course, it demonstrates a lack of understanding of experimental scientific methods, but it is slightly better than claiming that it is scientific.

... The checksheet's easy as you just download it, but what about the pack? ...

I don't know and I'm speaking strictly hypothetically but ...

... they may be made available in the course room on loan. If so, that would not violate the copyright holder's rights provided no copies are made. Sheathing the individual pages in clear plastic works to extend the life of the packs.

I DO know of several indivdiuals who run courses and who routinely collect old course packs for use by their students.

Additionally, a somewhat more cumbersome approach is simply to study the individual bulletins from a library consisting of the red & green volumes and those few bulletins which may be required for a course but which were not included in those volumes (if any). This is cumbersome, but given the amount of time commonly spent on individual bulletins during scientology study, it is doable, especially in those facilities which possess multiple copies of the red & green volumes.

Mark A. Baker

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
When I bought course packs, they included the checksheet in the front.

If people can get the contents of the course packs, whether off ebay or Pirate Bay, what's the problem with getting checksheets? Is there something I'm missing here?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Cowards.

These checksheets look just like the CofS ones for the same courses, except they don't say CofS on them. They refer to HCOBs, like good little ronbots. All well and good *on the surface*, but there is a big problem.

In the CofS you pay for the course, do the paperwork etc., buy your own pack of issues from the bookstore, get a checksheet from Course Admin, go into the courseroom and off you go. But in an Indie courseroom you can't do that. Why? *They can't legally give you a pack* containing xeroxed or locally-reprinted HCOBs.

The one I looked at online said they don't sell courses, they sell supervision. They then said it costs $2400 or something (6 weeks x 40 hours x $10 an hour) for the Solo Course [sic!], but BYOP (bring your own pack and checksheet). The checksheet's easy as you just download it, but what about the pack? Well, you can use an old CofS one you've got laying around, or can pick up on eBay, or something. Dunno what the something is. I bet they have a fine old time when someone who's paid them $2400 cash turns up with an illegal xeroxed issue.

I looked at all this and posted about it back in 2004. The only solution I saw was to use Clearbird issues, legally available and even downloadable. I delivered Level 0 to someone in Reno using a Clearbird printed pack and it worked out fine, and was legal.

This announcement also appeared on a FB Scn group. I asked what they were doing for checksheets and packs and received the cryptic answer that they hadn't announced it yet. Two days later that FB thread had been "accidentally" deleted and a new announcement saying the same thing (but without my comment) appeared. I say it again: chicken. :p

-----

I see they don't have OT2/3 checksheets. They are welcome to use mine, which have been online since 2004, and link to Prometheus online issues. They are much better* checksheets than the CofS ones (I used to sup these courses at Saint Hill).

OT2/3 checksheets at http://freewebs.com/squirrelacademy

*better here means in accordance with Hubbard's instructions, not "quicker" or "producing better results on the level."

Paul

Well, Paul, back in the days when I had still good contacts to the drug scene, this one was a given: "The Heroin dealers always give you the first shots for free."

Should I notice some similarities here?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I don't know and I'm speaking strictly hypothetically but ...

... they may be made available in the course room on loan. If so, that would not violate the copyright holder's rights provided no copies are made. Sheathing the individual pages in clear plastic works to extend the life of the packs.

I DO know of several indivdiuals who run courses and who routinely collect old course packs for use by their students.

Additionally, a somewhat more cumbersome approach is simply to study the individual bulletins from a library consisting of the red & green volumes and those few bulletins which may be required for a course but which were not included in those volumes (if any). This is cumbersome, but given the amount of time commonly spent on individual bulletins during scientology study, it is doable, especially in those facilities which possess multiple copies of the red & green volumes.

Mark A. Baker

Yes, all of that is possible and legally fine if you think small, albeit a hassle. I remember "discussing" this in bb's Yahoo group with LR in 2004, and I asked her the question, "So what happens when 20 fully-paid students (without packs) turn up in your courseroom all on the same day all wanting to do the same course?"

She didn't answer that. There is no (legal) solution to volume delivery* beyond using Clearbird. I don't know the full legal ins and outs of delivering [STRIKE]a course[/STRIKE] supervision to a student who provides his own xeroxed pack, but I know I would have felt worried doing it, jumping at every sudden noise and hoping the OSA bogeyman wasn't looking through the window.

-----

*I'm talking about volume delivery of 20th century Scn using 20th century training methods. 21st century training methods involve the individuals studying for free at home with paid interaction over Skype etc; 21st century auditing is done remotely over Skype etc, or better using PaulsRobot as it can deliver 21st-century procedures to literally millions of people at once. :)

Paul

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Pete

I liked the HQS. That being said, I certainly didn't like every course I took.

... She didn't answer that. There is no (legal) solution to volume delivery* beyond using Clearbird. I don't know the full legal ins and outs of delivering [STRIKE]a course[/STRIKE] supervision to a student who provides his own xeroxed pack, but I know I would have felt worried doing it, jumping at every sudden noise and hoping the OSA bogeyman wasn't looking through the window. ...

Co$ would be very hardpressed to find a prosecutor willing to waste time on such a complaint. :coolwink:

IANAL but, given a lack of a provable conspiracy to mass produce course materials, about the most that could be expected from law enforcement would be confiscation of the illegal copies. That of course requires that law enforcement be on site to do the confiscation. Church representatives would not themselves have the authority to confiscate private materials even if they were fraudulent. Where's the warrant? :whistling:

I find it hard to believe the police will want to go to the trouble of acquiring a warrant and sending an officer to a private facility to confiscate a few course packs. Moreover, course supes would be unlikely to be held responsible for merely helping a person with study as long as there is no concerted effort to mass produce such materials in violation of copyright.

However the simplicity of using Clearbird for purposes of study (and referring to library issues where may be wished if required to clear up any confusion) strikes me as the simplest & sanest approach to study. Clearbird is more than adequate for studying the basics in itself. It satisfies both the needs of "purists" and "non-purists" alike.

"Purists" can always compare the materials to original issues if they wish. Generating a supplemental list of lrh bulletins to serve as a references for the various parts of the Clearbird checksheet is an option for any courseroom that wishes to have such a thing on hand. Although personally I don't see the need. It's not as if official hubbard materials actually are superior. Quite the reverse. Unlike the original issues, Clearbird is a much better presentation of the basic ideas of scientology tech intentionally as laid out for students.

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Co$ would be very hardpressed to find a prosecutor willing to waste time on such a complaint. :coolwink:

Maybe. But it still tends to cut one's reach, and promotion. Because of people like me who blatantly ask, "So what do you use for materials then?"

"Purists" can always compare the materials to original issues if they wish. Generating a supplemental list of lrh bulletins to serve as a references for the various parts of the Clearbird checksheet is an option for any courseroom that wishes to have such a thing on hand. Although personally I don't see the need. It's not as if official hubbard materials actually are superior. Quite the reverse. Unlike the original issues, Clearbird is a much better presentation of the basic ideas of scientology tech intentionally as laid out for students.

Mark A. Baker

If I had continued in the FZ course sup business that is what I would have done. One big problem I found with using a Clearbird pack was not so much the analist wanting to see a "proper" issue, but when a student asked a perfectly normal courseroom question about what he is studying, and the sup wants to say, "Ah yes, the answer is right here . . . (quickly flips through the pack or if necessary a tech volume to find the appropriate paragraph) . . . there you go . . . OK? Great, get on with your checksheet." Which I used to do all the time when sup'ing in the CofS. The *first* time a student asked a particular question it might have taken me an hour or two to dig up the best references, but after that it became much quicker, and some stuff used to come up all the time and the students would think it magical that I had the reference at my fingertips, not knowing about the two hours sweating blood in the past.

Now, when I was using a CB pack I was stumped. I really didn't know where to find *anything* quickly beyond the titles of the issues in the index. So I would pull out a tech volume and flip to C/S Series 1, say, instantly point out the answer the student needed, and that was that. I did have access to CB online, and could have googled it, but the internet connection I had available was very slow and unworkable, so I referred to Hubbard stuff in the volumes in such situations. With familiarity, of course, that would no longer be necessary.

Paul

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . However the simplicity of using Clearbird for purposes of study (and referring to library issues where may be wished if required to clear up any confusion) strikes me as the simplest & sanest approach to study. Clearbird is more than adequate for studying the basics in itself. It satisfies both the needs of "purists" and "non-purists" alike . . .

Such a suggestion is not simple and sane at all. Clearbird - like the Indie Dependent Checksheets Foundation - fails the ethical (as defined by wogs) requirement of "informed consent" in that Xenu is not mentioned. If a person is to trust their spiritual development to an organisation leading them into duplicating Xenu, the least that organisation can do is make the destination known. Now, it may well be that some organisations do not believe that Xenu is responsible for mankind's blinkered state but, if so, they are hardly "standard tech" and nor are they Scientology.

... - fails the ethical (as defined by wogs) requirement of "informed consent" in that Xenu is not mentioned. ...

And that's because xenu is not a core aspect of scientology tech, as you would know if you actually new anything about the subject and as you have had pointed out to you before by others. :eyeroll:

The subject of xenu only comes up with regard to what amounts to "hubbard's recommendation of what needs to be addressed in auditing" specifically AFTER completion of the scientology "lower bridge". Even there xenu only constitutes the specific reason for hubbard's recommendation, not a fundamental part of the upper level auditing itself.

In short, xenu is not in any way fundamental to the subject of scientology, no matter what a sensational effect it may have to believe that it is. The practice of the ot levels generally are fundamental to keeping scientologists dependent on the church for guidance and service but xenu isn't even a substantial part of that. There is very little xenu in the upper levels. It's just a ridiculous myth created by a sick old man to justify keeping experienced scientologists dependent on himself and his cult and thereby maintain his personal cash flow and influence.

Nonetheless, enjoy your delusions. :p

Mark A. Baker

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
And that's because xenu is not a core aspect of scientology tech, as you would know if you actually new anything about the subject and as you have had pointed out to you before by others. :eyeroll:

The subject of xenu only comes up with regard to what amounts to "hubbard's recommendation of what needs to be addressed in auditing" specifically AFTER completion of the scientology "lower bridge". Even there xenu only constitutes the specific reason for hubbard's recommendation, not a fundamental part of the upper level auditing itself.

In short, xenu is not in any way fundamental to the subject of scientology, no matter what a sensational effect it may have to believe that it is. The practice of the ot levels generally are fundamental to keeping scientologists dependent on the church for guidance and service but xenu isn't even a substantial part of that. There is very little xenu in the upper levels. It's just a ridiculous myth created by a sick old man to justify keeping experienced scientologists dependent on himself and his cult and thereby maintain his personal cash flow and influence.

Nonetheless, enjoy your delusions. :p

Mark A. Baker

You are incorrect about xenu ("sometimes spelled xemu").

I spent over a decade on and off of solo nots and there's lots of xenu and psyches on thewoletrack and priests and shit, electric shock incidents (which you realize really were electric shock incidents because it read on the meter! You also get to spend time date locating the electric shock incidents and others:duh: