What's new

Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tech

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tec

So. I read a post which said Reddit posts were deleted, but you could still see what Kat/e had posted, and I clicked this to examine it: http://www.reddit.com/r/scientology/comments/1y7u25/lets_try_this_again/

So far, that's all I know.
Oh yeah..I read that during the Ask Kate hoopla...really funny!! They were not going to let her take over and Lord Xenu never answers her hehehehe

Leland

Crusader
Re: Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tec

I took her to task for most of the day. Then she started posting all over the place, no thread was safe from her attempts to eggify and "intelligently" obfuscate and or derail. Another poster called her on derailing and asked the mod to take her derailing attempts off and stArt a new thread just for her.

I was tempted to PM JustSheila and beg her to come help me with her famous "just shut your cake hole" post. But then someone started a new thread called "soul mate for Kate"........and that might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

I claim coining the new term.... Eggify!

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Yep, that's him.

And, another great shoop by yours truly (Hubturd cowboy hat added with the "Say No" to the Cowpoke symbol)! :hysterical:

Gawd, that Cowpoke thread was so much fun!!!!!!

Yup I remember that well. I saved the picture because, remember Ron said that beings copy photo's, NOT! NO I save good ones like that to my avatars folder, to be used and/or modified later!

MissWog

No matter what I feel sorry for her but she kept talking to us so part of me figured she needed to hear our points of view too.

I still think she is some kind of volunteer.. There was a tiny clue on reddit that she is a college student.. It is sad though. She will be back I think..where else is she gonna go?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Oh yeah..I read that during the Ask Kate hoopla...really funny!! They were not going to let her take over and Lord Xenu never answers her hehehehe

I never saw the "Reditt" site before. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. What is the site all about, a Scientology truth-er site to air one's views?

Free Being Me

Crusader

Well, if she were a Church operative that would be true. And, understandable. I just don't know for sure.

But what if she is what she says she is? That would be really WEIRD and SAD. What sort of person works on THREE majors at one time, while also spending HUGE amounts of time on ESMB and other blogs, talking up some very strange and quite absurd version of involvement with Scientology where she is taking ONLY correspondence courses, yet at the same time aims to CHANGE and REFORM staff and even Sea Org members from the "inside"?

It is so absurd. But, sometimes reality is equally absurd.

Though, the thought does come to mind, if what she says is actually true, "get a life"! :ohmy:

I don't know for sure either however she mentioned having had solo-nots auditing and discussing advanced oatee processing on a different thread with an intimate understanding I began to wonder if extension courses were a shore story. I wish her well and hope she discards Elcon for more worthy endeavors.

Anonycat

Crusader

I never saw the "Reditt" site before. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. What is the site all about, a Scientology truth-er site to air one's views?

Someone just dated themself.

Reddit is an entertainment and social networking service and news website where community members can submit content, such as text posts or links.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Well, if Kate8024 was an operative, and if she deleted her posts, then I would expect a new "valence" with a different name momentarily.

That "scholar doing correspondence courses" worked for a while, but was fatally flawed.

Religious scholars don't typically write essays and turn them in to be graded by high school dropouts who are manning Div VI. lol

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

No matter what I feel sorry for her but she kept talking to us so part of me figured she needed to hear our points of view too.

I still think she is some kind of volunteer.. There was a tiny clue on reddit that she is a college student.. It is sad though. She will be back I think..where else is she gonna go?

Oh I like her just fine. I think she was on the ropes though when she started getting into all the neuron stuff to explain patterning. Kind of grasping wildly at straws but that's OK, she's young and intelligent, she'll learn.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Someone just dated themself.

Why? Is it an old site that I missed before? I have heard of the word reditt but didn't bother to look it up. I'm a study tech outlaw, always was! LOL!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I don't know for sure either however she mentioned having had solo-nots auditing and discussing advanced oatee processing on a different thread with an intimate understanding I began to wonder if extension courses were a shore story. I wish her well and hope she discards Elcon for more worthy endeavors.

That was, although not the first, one of the clues that I noticed too.

A new DIV VI person who, after a few correspondence courses and NO auditing or training, is suddenly and magically able to cross index and reference Hubbard's vast array of books, HCO Policies, bulletins and Advanced Levels *.

That didn't happen.

Non standard shore stories are more dangerous to Scientologists than even psychs! LOL

* I have a theory about that, but it is only opinion and supposition. I think that every con game and its author has a detectable "tell" and it is no stretch of the imagination to recognize that Scientologists are often know-it-alls. They have an answer to everything "on this planet" and in "this sector". I think it may be nearly impossible for some Scientologists to try and hold back their vast "knowingness" and "duplication" of Hubbard's ocean of "data". That's my best guess on why Kate has such an obvious tell that contradicted her ridiculous story about being a religious scholar doing correspondence courses.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader

Why? Is it an old site that I missed before? I have heard of the word reditt but didn't bother to look it up. I'm a study tech outlaw, always was! LOL!

It's one of the popular things, like Twitter.

MissWog

I don't know how to describe it.. I don't like it but my hubby reads it all damn day! But anyone can create a forum on any topic and she was posting to the Scientology forum FOR CRITICS...and well, she was received accordingly.

One funny part was, people would remind her that she was in the Scientology Critic Forum and she would argue that the description was wrong and should be changed. She said the creator/mod of the forum never posts there so she wanted to take over and she would change the description to be about Scientology in general.

The he resounding replies were NO and go create your own forum if you want!

Here is is the info from the forum on reddit:
scientology
subscribe4,445 readers
~7 users here now
One of the biggest extortion rackets in the world. Also will be hilarious when reddit gets asked to remove it.
Moderator: Lord Xenu

Free Being Me

Crusader

That "scholar doing correspondence courses" worked for a while, but was fatally flawed.

Religious scholars don't typically write essays and turn them in to be graded by high school dropouts who are manning Div VI. lol

It was wearing a bit thin. An academic or scholar would be interested in all aspects of Elcon and $cientology from every perspective possible obviously. Repeatedly saying $cientology is a religion while glossing over the cults criminal and abusive activities says biased agenda and sounds like a success story.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

While I was reading this '' Kate as-ised Kate'' post
I realized she just had disapearred!
:duh:

Kate said:
Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post

To some extent I think that belief in conspiracy theories doesn't always stem from so much a _lack_ of critical reasoning but rather an imbalance between critical reasoning and pattern matching. I speculate that to some extent altered states of consciousness, such as many of the ones found in Scientology, can increase one's ability to pattern-match in complex systems but doesn't increase their ability to critically evaluate the extra information. I think this could be an explanation for why some otherwise rational people can believe in these types of theories - they can think critically about things just like anyone else, but their pattern-matching circuitry is overdeveloped and overloading their critical reasoning circuits with with complex patterns that it doesn't really know how to handle.

Kate is OT! :confused2:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Funny thread........... and I'm sure we all wish Kate well when she finds those $cientologists to sit down with her to read Going Clear.

Leland

Crusader

Eggify : to aggressively, in a subtle manner, wax philosophic and or tell of one's own in depth dissection of said topic, through hair splitting, hemming and hawing, whittling said subject down or blowing it up to stratosfiric proportions to create an impression of the vast size of their understanding of said subject, so when the one eggifying finally relates some bit of a straw to grasp of their stated understanding of said subject being eggifyied..... The obfuscation and confusion is so great that one gives up due to stultification and stupification.

Derivation: Egghead.

coined and defined by Leland

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader

That was, although not the first, one of the clues that I noticed too.

A new DIV VI person who, after a few correspondence courses and NO auditing or training, is suddenly and magically able to cross index and reference Hubbard's vast array of books, HCO Policies, bulletins and Advanced Levels *.

That didn't happen.

Non standard shore stories are more dangerous to Scientologists than even psychs! LOL

* I have a theory about that, but it is only opinion and supposition. I think that every con game and its author has a detectable "tell" and it is no stretch of the imagination to recognize that Scientologists are often know-it-alls. They have an answer to everything "on this planet" and in "this sector". I think it may be nearly impossible for some Scientologists to try and hold back their vast "knowingness" and "duplication" of Hubbard's ocean of "data". That's my best guess on why Kate has such an obvious tell that contradicted her ridiculous story about being a religious scholar doing correspondence courses.

I have not left the church. Outside of extension courses all of my Scientology practice has been outside of the church but to the extent that I've even been 'in', I'm still in.

Shore stories. :giggle:

Last edited: