Independent Scientology Advanced Organization of the Great Plains announces Online Academy

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Independent Scientology Advanced Organization of the Great Plains announces Standard Tech Supervised Online Academy.

[As always, I am not an Independent Scientologist and I am not associated with Independent Scientology. I just try to independently tweet and cross-post about Scientology, whether corporate or independent .]

https://ao-gp.learnworlds.com/

https://ao-gp.learnworlds.com/pages/courses

Courses include:

Basic Study Manual (Free)
Personal Efficiency Court ($100)
The Basic TRs Course ($100)
The Hubbard Qualified Scientologist Course ($300)
The PTS/SP Course ($800)
The Student Hat ($300)
The Professional TRs Course ($400)
The E-Meter Course ($400)
The Method 1 Co-Audit Course ($300)
The Academy Level 0 Course ($600)
The Academy Level 1 Course ($600)
The Academy Level 2 Course ($600)
The Academy Level 3 Course ($600)
The Academy Level 4 Course ($600)
The New Era Dianetics Course ($600)
The Solo One Course ($1500)
The Saint Hill Special Briefing Course - The Class VI Course ($5000)
The Class VIII Course ($2000)
The Class IX Auditors Course ($2500)
The Class X Auditors Course ($3500)
The Class XI Auditors Course ($3500)
The Class XII Auditors Course ($2500)
Uvod u Sajentologiju (Introduction to Scientology. Free course in Bosnian.)

QDr3PlX.png

653eREN.png

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Interesting.

They are offering Student Hat but not Super Literate? Why not?

For those who don't know, Super Literate is auditing M1 word clearing (on an e-meter) followed by fast-flow Student Hat.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
$800.00 for the PTS/SP Course?!

How can anyone call themselves "Independent" when they sell one of the main cornerstones to Organized Scientology coercion and fanaticism?

Do they understand that this course was created in order to define "Independent" Scientologists as SPs?

RogerB

Crusader
Interesting.

For those who don't know, Super Literate is auditing M1 word clearing (on an e-meter) followed by fast-flow Student Hat.
If my memory serves correctly, though equally true is the fact that so bloody much changed so many bloody times, what was probably is no longer an is . . . but the last I saw of getting Super-Duper Duped and lit, was that EVERY WORD of the course was word cleared M1 . . . then you you had the joy of studying the stuff (if still alive and breathing)!

Koot

Patron with Honors
If my memory serves correctly, though equally true is the fact that so bloody much changed so many bloody times, what was probably is no longer an is . . . but the last I saw of getting Super-Duper Duped and lit, was that EVERY WORD of the course was word cleared M1 . . . then you you had the joy of studying the stuff (if still alive and breathing)!
Every word of the study tapes.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

All kidding aside ... :) If you did M1 and then Student Hat you'd be de facto Super-Lit. I did it, but I don't recall it being offered as a package, at least not when I did 'em. I did M1, and then Student Hat. I think I got a cert that said I was Super-Lit. All that stuff went in the trash many years ago.

I did M1 and Student Hat because Super-Lit was required for some other course. NED C/S Course, maybe? Even then I couldn't muster much enthusiasm for either one and just did them because they were pre-reqs.

Roger, I believe what you're referring to was called The Primary Rundown. I never did it. Clearing every word on Student Hat sounds really horrible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rundown_(Scientology)#Primary_Rundown

pineapple

Speaking of the Study Tapes, that brings to mind one of my funnier moments in scn.

A student trying to fake his way through a star-rate on one of the tapes was asked, "Who is Vishnu?" He answered, "Vishnu is a famous English organist."

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Speaking of the Study Tapes, that brings to mind one of my funnier moments in scn.

A student trying to fake his way through a star-rate on one of the tapes was asked, "Who is Vishnu?" He answered, "Vishnu is a famous English organist."
Nice try! With all of Hubbard's blah blah about pipe organs, all his experience with pipe organs, the technology of pipe organs - something so eclectic and obscure that we were all in no position to doubt his superior understanding of pipe organs, it absolutely makes sense to piggyback on all this organ befuddlement.

This guy went on to be a high level exec, yes?

pineapple

Nice try! With all of Hubbard's blah blah about pipe organs, all his experience with pipe organs, the technology of pipe organs - something so eclectic and obscure that we were all in no position to doubt his superior understanding of pipe organs, it absolutely makes sense to piggyback on all this organ befuddlement.

This guy went on to be a high level exec, yes?
Nah. He finished Student Hat, got regged for Life Repair, and blew during the CS 1. He wasn't as dumb as all that.

RogerB

Crusader
Roger, I believe what you're referring to was called The Primary Rundown. I never did it. Clearing every word on Student Hat sounds really horrible.
Ya . . . you may well be very right on that one, Pineapple!

As I said, I reported from memory, but it was of a time well before many here were in . . . I was reporting on they way I remembered it being circa 1975-8 at St. Hill . . . I personally have been through so many iterations of the shit, I am lucky I've got any brain or memory left!! :blink:

Edit: Actually, going to your link I see:
Primary Rundown[edit]
The Primary Rundown "consists of word clearing and Study Tech. It makes a student Super-Literate." It involves clearing (looking up in a dictionary and using in sentences) words encountered in past studies that were not understood. Additionally, one clears the more than 2000 words found on the Study Tapes and Student Hat course.​

Note the highlighted part . . . this reference says the whole Student Hat course was word cleared . . . but, My memory of it all was that there were way more than "2,000 words" . . .

I do remember on my CommEvs circa 1985 pointing out the numerous "study barriers" cited in the index of the student hat pack . . . umm, it's up in the order of 15-16 . . . way more than the mere "three" that the glib idiot accused me of violating who was hung up in the HCOB that cited there being "Three physiologic symptoms connected to Study Barriers" . . . i.e., her idiot think had it that 3 physiological symptoms equaled 3 study barriers . . .
/

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interesting.

My understanding was you word-cleared all the words on the Study Tapes (not M1) then studied the Stupid -- oops, I mean Student -- Hat.

I've wondered if this might be a good way to learn a foreign language -- do the Super Literate course in that language.

Helena

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I have a question of this organization.

Do your course packs have KSW in them?

If so, how can you promote such obvious lies?

If you're not tracking..... it's been long proven Hubbard is not the sole source, why would you promote that lie amongst other lies in KSW?

So, do you have KSW in your materials?

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
I have a question of this organization.

Do you course packs have KSW in them?

If so, how can you promote such obvious lies?

If you're not tracking..... it's been long proven Hubbard is not the sole source, why would you promote that lie amongst other lies in KSW?

So, do you have KSW in your materials?
Nevermind "materials"....who is going to deliver all these courses??? I have clicked all over their website and I can't find a list of trained people who will be delivering them. ( and, of course, doing the Review auditing cycles ).

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
So the only half-trustable person appears to be the journalist with the Mini-Course-Supervisor-Hat.

I mean I would never trust anybody who proudly claims to be a "professional" space-cootie-evictor....

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
My recollection is that if you did M1 and the Student Hat, then you were a Fast Flow Student, which meant that you didn't have to do star-rate checkouts on materials that had a star next to them on the check-sheet - you could just sign them off.

If you did the Primary Rundown (look up all of the words on the Student Hat course, one by one, in alphabetical order, from a pre-prepared list) and then did the Student Hat, then you were 'super-literate'. I think that, technically, the Primary Rundown INCLUDED a study of the Student Hat after the word clearing. Also, the wordclearing wasn't done Method 1, it was (if I recall correctly) Method 8, which just means clearing words from a prepared list of words on a subject.

I don't think Method 1 was usually done on a particular SUBJECT. My recollection is that M1 was normally done as a general clean up of your past education, and so included looking for misunderstood words and symbols (MUs) on ANY subjects that you had studied in the past. So you couldn't do an M1 on a subject that you haven't yet studied, because you wouldn't yet have any MUs on that subject to clear.

Then the Primary Rundown just sort of disappeared - nobody ever mentioned it in the 90s. It didn't seem to have been cancelled. Just nobody did it. I know of a couple of people who did it maybe around the late 80s/very early 90s. It almost drove them nuts.

Then the Key to Life course came out in the early 90s, and one of the early parts of that course involved a lot of clearing of small words, followed by learning grammar, and some Clay Table Processing. I actually enjoyed that course - or I would have done if I hadn't been under such pressure from CMO Int to complete it.

I'm surprised they didn't keep the Primary Rundown going mainstream, to be done after the KTL and Life Orientation Course, and maybe after Super Power, so as to make you super-duper-duper literate. It's always handy to have another layer of super-duper to keep people busy on course. Logically, it SHOULD come after the KTL, after spending all that time wordclearing small words and learning grammar.

I think word clearing is useful. What is NOT useful is focusing on wordclearing as a thing in itself, for its own sake. Sitting there reading a dictionary isn't going to make anyone superliterate. I think it worked quite well on the KTL, but that only involved common small words.

But when I got to the LOC, that's where things got sticky. Being on staff, having to figure out your 'hat in life' on the LOC, and realising that it didn't involve being on staff, led me [notice I can spell the past tense of 'lead' properly - half of the English-speaking world doesn't seem to be able to, hehehe; I'm not attributing that to the KTL!] into quite a bit of mental gymnastics and fudging of the rest of the course.

I think that looking up words is valid and useful. But the panic about MUs that the Student Hat can instill can ruin a person's study habits also. I remember being scared to look at advertisements on the roadside, on the way to course for the KTL, for fear that I'd encounter an MU. I still don't really bother with fiction, and I think that's partially because of the emyouphobia that I had when I first left the church.