What's new

Independent Scientology (Freezone) Convention August 8 - 10, 2014, Reno, NV

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rip off artist alert. See link below.

Published as a public service:

According to the opening video, this guy is now selling all the "Ls," and all the OT levels, but also - for those who have completed the Bridge - "Native state," "Operating Static," "Clear OT," and "Clear Theta Clear." Presumably, he's attained these states himself.

Pretty impressive.

Here's Rey Robles giving a talk to "All Loyal Officers":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYGFOevVmHQ
Many are stalled. Few are frozen.
If he is a theta clear, he should be able to dodge bullets and stand in the middle of a nuclear blast and be unaffected as per SHSBC Lecture 1 (the last 2 minutes).

Didn't Ron do big seminars in rented halls in the early years? Can anyone confirm this???

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: FreeZone Convention August 8th, 9th and 10th 2014

It doesn't really matter who's hosting it because they're all FOS and need a good smack for keeping the insanity working.

:biggrin:

LOL

But, I still have a question from Paul's writeup on Rey...

Originally Posted by Dulloldfart
We discussed various tech things over the months and he showed me some write-ups which he thinks were written by LRH and I don't.

Actually, it's more of a Scientology koan than a question.

Using write-ups of the tech by LRH--or someone else. Which is worse?

Veda

Sponsor
These conventions are mostly attended by older folks - very few, if any, young people - and mainly they reminisce about the good old days, when applauding the giant picture of Ron, they felt that they were part of something that was saving Mankind.

ron4.jpg

Most aren't interested in looking any more deeply into the subject, or de-coding the subject.

It's mainly a social event.

Free Being Me

Crusader
If he is a theta clear, he should be able to dodge bullets and stand in the middle of a nuclear blast and be unaffected as per SHSBC Lecture 1 (the last 2 minutes).

Didn't Ron do big seminars in rented halls in the early years? Can anyone confirm this???

Yes, Elcon did many dianetics seminars. He did a seminar at the Los Angeles Shrine Auditorium in 1950 demonstrating a clear with perfect recall. Needless to say it was an embarrassing moment for Elcon as his clear couldn't recall his tie color much less anything else.

LRH_auditing.jpg

L._Ron_Hubbard_conducting_Dianetics_seminar_in_Los_Angeles_in_1950.jpg

di2.jpg

hubbard.jpg

"You are only three or four hours from taking your glasses off for keeps."
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Eyesight and glasses," "Dianetic Auditor’s Bulletin," Vol. 2, No. 7, January 1952

:duh:

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
The one I went to-they had some speakers there who weren't Freezoners. People there were pretty open and not hidebound or KSWish.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

I saw this in Facebook. Is anyone going to the convention?

I doubt that anyone here will go, unless Claire and John make the trip.

Can't this year. J would prolly have been up for it, but too much going on for yours truly this year. That time we went, we'd driven down, visited family in CA, then headed over. So trip had two purposes.

It was certainly nothing like some ppl here are describing it; a real mix of schools of thought. The Spokane one I went to a few years later was perhaps a bit less mixed in types of ppl, though still mellow. Maybe Reno being bigger and closer to CA than Spokane was the reason.

I agree with the person who likes to just see old friends and acquaintances.

They may be fortunate enough to see DianaClassVIII...a Freezoner and a helluva fantastic whistleblower, who's released a lot of info that probably caused the cult some sleepless nights.

Never can tell.

asteroid

Patron with Honors

I agree with the person who likes to just see old friends and acquaintances.

They may be fortunate enough to see DianaClassVIII...a Freezoner and a helluva fantastic whistleblower, who's released a lot of info that probably caused the cult some sleepless nights.

Never can tell.

Alas, she won't be attending either. :-( I already asked her.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Alas, she won't be attending either. :-( I already asked her.

Ah. Actually, I wrote the post you quoted though Phenom did write on this thread, too.

I know i've garnered some flak for being pro FZ (and if it's any consolation, many of the FZ crowd doesn't like my being pro criticism. And some of 'em are just as likely to misunderstand and twist my words as anyone else.), but, to me, it's a venue for people who have left the cult, want to pursue their chosed ideology outside of a toxic network. Fear of losing the tech isn't the reason that keeps all those (who want to leave, deep down inside) in CofS, but it is the reason for some people. Was for me! it's good to have that choice. A friend of mine who flat out hates the cult and is interested in lots of different things is still planning to help a family member go Clear in the FZ, because my friend remembers how the benefits (s)he feels (s)he reaped from it.

My point about Diana is that, as Lagniappe, she revealed a lot of info about the cult. She did a lot of damage to them. So when people say they do not approve of FZers as people, they are, perhaps, not thinking of people like her and of FZers who helped others leave the cult. Of course, FZers tend to be similarly reluctant to admit that critics ever accomplish anything, which is ridiculous since the Scn critical movement (Hi, FreeBeingme!!) has accomplished an almost unfathomable well nigh infinite amount of very effective strikes- including relaying a LOT of information- against CofS.

If we cannot all be friends, we do need to at least stop seeing people as just white hats or black hats.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Ah. Actually, I wrote the post you quoted though Phenom did write on this thread, too.

I know i've garnered some flak for being pro FZ (and if it's any consolation, many of the FZ crowd doesn't like my being pro criticism. And some of 'em are just as likely to misunderstand and twist my words as anyone else.), but, to me, it's a venue for people who have left the cult, want to pursue their chosed ideology outside of a toxic network. Fear of losing the tech isn't the reason that keeps all those (who want to leave, deep down inside) in CofS, but it is the reason for some people. Was for me! it's good to have that choice. A friend of mine who flat out hates the cult and is interested in lots of different things is still planning to help a family member go Clear in the FZ, because my friend remembers how the benefits (s)he feels (s)he reaped from it.

My point about Diana is that, as Lagniappe, she revealed a lot of info about the cult. She did a lot of damage to them. So when people say they do not approve of FZers as people, they are, perhaps, not thinking of people like her and of FZers who helped others leave the cult. Of course, FZers tend to be similarly reluctant to admit that critics ever accomplish anything, which is ridiculous since the Scn critical movement (Hi, FreeBeingme!!) has accomplished an almost unfathomable well nigh infinite amount of very effective strikes- including relaying a LOT of information- against CofS.

If we cannot all be friends, we do need to at least stop seeing people as just white hats or black hats.

Cult think is cult think in or out of the so called cherch. The fallacy that who has the best brand image of elcon's cult mind twist for recruitment purposes is like watching old t.v. commercials over who has the best cigarette and about as meaningful. $cientologists regardless of affiliation propagate a pro-elcon deception, especially amongst themselves. Why I'm being singularly mentioned as a cult critic to supposedly endorse your post is only known to you.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Nah, not looking for endorsement. I'd have come right out and told ya. :smile:

(edit) I tried clicking on the emoticon but it didn't want to show up. So thought I could type it. Nooo...just gave the text. Well, a smile is a smile no matter how it looks...

No, just thought you'd enjoy wut I said re critics.

Namaste and hope you had a nice weekend.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Nah, not looking for endorsement. I'd have come right out and told ya. :smile:

(edit) I tried clicking on the emoticon but it didn't want to show up. So thought I could type it. Nooo...just gave the text. Well, a smile is a smile no matter how it looks...

No, just thought you'd enjoy wut I said re critics.

Namaste and hope you had a nice weekend.

Well Claire, you mentioned me by name so you obviously want something from me, external approval is a poor reason to post. Throwing a bone towards critics or more specifically at me, for a see me moment while nice doesn't really impress me. I appreciate the spirit of what you're saying but calling me out by name mixed with your views is misleading as I can post my own perspectives should I choose to do so. You have a nice week as well.

asteroid

Patron with Honors

Oh _absolutely_.

I'm sometimes mystified by some of the anger I encounter. I understand the reasons that so many people jettison the tech as well as the organization, even if I don't agree with those reasons. But I respect them for feeling the way they do... and I'm almost confused when they don't respect my worldview, too.

Look, part of what we objected to in the CofS was someone telling us the "right" way to think. That was unacceptable when we were "in," so why is it better once we're out? Folks are free to decide that the tech isn't workable (at least for them), and then move on. Please don't tell me that it doesn't work for me, though. Don't say that the right way to think is the same way you do.

There are a lot of viewpoints in the freezone, and I think some people forget how much we have in common with one another. The infighting just pisses me off. It's as though everybody forgot the value of empathy.

My perspective: I know what "flavor" of the tech has been working for me. (I'm not a success-story writer, but _far fucking out_ might begin to cover the changes I've had recently.) It's okay with me if other people prefer other flavors, whether it's "pure KSW, exactly as was delivered in [favorite year]" or "with updates and using new technologies." They're all my friends, and dammit I have plenty to talk with them about.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Oh _absolutely_.

I'm sometimes mystified by some of the anger I encounter. I understand the reasons that so many people jettison the tech as well as the organization, even if I don't agree with those reasons. But I respect them for feeling the way they do... and I'm almost confused when they don't respect my worldview, too.

Look, part of what we objected to in the CofS was someone telling us the "right" way to think. That was unacceptable when we were "in," so why is it better once we're out? Folks are free to decide that the tech isn't workable (at least for them), and then move on. Please don't tell me that it doesn't work for me, though. Don't say that the right way to think is the same way you do.

There are a lot of viewpoints in the freezone, and I think some people forget how much we have in common with one another. The infighting just pisses me off. It's as though everybody forgot the value of empathy.

My perspective: I know what "flavor" of the tech has been working for me. (I'm not a success-story writer, but _far fucking out_ might begin to cover the changes I've had recently.) It's okay with me if other people prefer other flavors, whether it's "pure KSW, exactly as was delivered in [favorite year]" or "with updates and using new technologies." They're all my friends, and dammit I have plenty to talk with them about.

That's because there are people who still kinda think the same way they used to, when involved in CofS.

Hubby and I used ta siddown when they'd go hip hip hooray for LRH, and we liked LRH then. But we weren't easily led or impressed with reges, OLs, or OT ambassadors, etc. We are the same way with FZ and ex and critical communities and venues, and it gets the same reaction-though only from a vociferous loud minority. (It isn't "everybody".That's just silly.). Proof positive.

Of course there can be bad ideas, but that can be subjective. Better to just be tolerant of diversity. I mean, there's a couple major world religions I dislike, but, am I gonna teach anyone anything if I go pick on some follower of either of those? Will I impinge or make a convert? No. What I can do, if I like, is write about those beliefs; I can speak out. But being a dick to someone who wears a hijab or goes to a mikvah or wears sacred underwear would only make me someone whose insecurities are showing and who is oppressing others in the name of truth and freedom and being intolerant while spouting liberal rhetoric about diversity and global villages. If that doth a fencesitter make, then, let's throw some cushions and drink holders up there cuz the view and vantage point is better than those straddling their silly lines in the sand, several feet below the top of the fence so they can't see what's comin' up da hill.

It can be difficult to deal with other views and ways of thinking and of doing things. I think it comes out of fear.

Last edited:

asteroid

Patron with Honors

That's because there are people who still kinda think the same way they used to, when involved in CofS....

It can be difficult to deal with other views and ways of thinking and of doing things. I think it comes out of fear.

We agree completely with one another. At least on this!