What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two blog statistics and survey

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Milestone Two blog statistics and survey.

What's Your Opinion?
http://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/whats-your-opinion/

Excerpt:
When Milestone Two first started in April 2013 we had 50 regular readers and a handful of articles. Since that time we have built to a steady readership of several hundred, over 280 articles posted, 3,500 comments, 150,000 views and a technical delivery network of 33 people.

With expansion there have been many requests for specific services that we do not yet have up and running. One of these, for example, is a Qual hot line where you can contact someone to get an exact LRH reference or get a technical point clarified. Another request has been for a forum, or online chat room, where people can simply meet and talk. A further request has been for a newsletter that is sent by email and is suitable for new people (ie, not full of technical terminology) and for Scientologists who are looking to connect up with others like themselves, and move up The Bridge in the field.

Setting up a monthly e-mail newsletter called ‘Community Connect’ had been our next plan to implement, but to do this requires a steady flow of information, news, local events, classifieds, etc. and there was concern that rounding up the needed data on a regular basis, was going to be more than a challenge. Is this something people even want, or is it duplicating existing Facebook groups or other networks?

We would appreciate it if you could please take a few minutes to give us your views in the below survey. There are 3 questions that are repeated from our first survey 18 months ago, so apologies for those who provided that information earlier. Maybe your views on these have changed or you have a different attitude at this time.

Please let us know.

Take our survey here.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MS2Survey
Milestone Two Scientology survey

1. Would a Milestone Two Community Connect newsletter, sent by email once a month to a subscriber list, be something you would be interested in receiving?

Would a Milestone Two Community Connect newsletter, sent by email once a month to a subscriber list, be something you would be interested in receiving?

Yes

No

Don't know/Depends what it is

2. What information would you like to see in a monthly subscriber-based Community Connect newsletter?

What information would you like to see in a monthly subscriber-based Community Connect newsletter?

Field news

Successes and wins

Key links to other pro-LRH sites and blogs

Key links to access LRH materials

Key links to access checksheets for delivery/study

Dates of events around the world

LRH articles aimed at general new public

Classifieds where auditors/groups can advertise

Classifieds where you can sell meters/books

Classifieds where you can find a co-audit twin

Other (please specify)

3. Do you have any recommendations on how Milestone Two can collect information and news for a monthly Community Connect newsletter, including local news and event details from your region/area?

Do you have any recommendations on how Milestone Two can collect information and news for a monthly Community Connect newsletter, including local news and event details from your region/area?

4. Would you contribute information, news, links or data to assist the production of such a monthly newsletter?

Would you contribute information, news, links or data to assist the production of such a monthly newsletter?

Yes, and here is why

No, and here is why

Maybe, because....

5. If you would like to contribute, what method of contribution do you prefer to send information into the newsletter editor?

If you would like to contribute, what method of contribution do you prefer to send information into the newsletter editor?

Email

Dropbox

Facebook

Phone

Other (please specify)

6. What do you feel Milestone Two's hat should be, as a network and community, existing outside of Corporate Scientology?

What do you feel Milestone Two's hat should be, as a network and community, existing outside of Corporate Scientology?

7. What do you feel are the key actions and services that Milestone Two needs to perform, moving into the future? Please give as much detail as you can.

What do you feel are the key actions and services that Milestone Two needs to perform, moving into the future? Please give as much detail as you can.

8. An express purpose of Milestone Two is to help get people moving standardly up the LRH Bridge (auditing and training) and winning. What help are you needing in this regard?

An express purpose of Milestone Two is to help get people moving standardly up the LRH Bridge (auditing and training) and winning. What help are you needing in this regard?

9. What else do you need from a group?

What else do you need from a group?

10. Anything else you would like to say?

Anything else you would like to say?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
When Milestone Two first started in April 2013 we had 50 regular readers and a handful of articles. Since that time we have built to a steady readership of several hundred, over 280 articles posted, 3,500 comments, 150,000 views and a technical delivery network of 33 people.
How interesting that none of their "stats" are for anything important or meaningful.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Isn't having a "technical delivery network of 33 people" significant? Isn't that the more than many Orgs have?
Well, no, not at all. What kind of "people"? Hmmm? Trained? Experienced? Insane? "Technical delivery network" delivering ... what? Anything? Pizzas?

I'm assuming these "33" are people who said "sure I do (or I will) 'deliver tech'." on some posting on the M2 blog. Are they real people? Do they actually do anything? Is there any evidence that anything claimed is real?

"a technical delivery network of 33 people" doesn't mean anything unless something is actually happening. And that information is significantly missing.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hate to burst anyone's stat induced happy bubble...

But
I have a sneaking suspicion that many visits are due to repeat visits frompeople like me, wondering what they are up to now and getting a peak into m2 members views and mindset. It isa fascinating insight into a very different mindset.
Most important....who are their readers, why are they there and are they fulfilling their needs.
Then there are the se robots, the comment spammers (any mention how many sweatshop type comments get deleted daily? But

There are some awesome Visitor tracking and following software available that would allow for a more meaningful analysis of visitors, who actually mean somehing for the growth of the blog.
Surveying won't hurt, but why not take some google ads out advertising their site. Invite users to get a free emeter tune up if they introduce 5 members. It is all old techniques,
But maybe more helpful.

Terril park

Sponsor
Isn't having a "technical delivery network of 33 people" significant? Isn't that the more than many Orgs have?

I know of one UK Org that had to get C/Sing done by St Hill as
they didn't have a C/S. 33 is a respectable number, but they are
probably spread out world wide. Steve Hall's website has 57 listed.
My guess is that many of them include M2 members.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
''

More statistics, this time concerning an 80 year old woman Jonathon Bourke has managed to get his vulture talons into . . .

After three months of 223 Audited NOTS Sessions, three reams of paper, 17 pens, and two folders, A.A. finished her OT V Debug/Repair and is now on her OT VI course part A!

At eighty years old, she did the Clearing Course through OT III in 1970 -1971 with her husband in Los Angeles at the A.O.on Alvarado Street . . .

. . . an 80 year old woman!!

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know of one UK Org that had to get C/Sing done by St Hill as
they didn't have a C/S. 33 is a respectable number, but they are
probably spread out world wide. Steve Hall's website has 57 listed.
My guess is that many of them include M2 members.
World wide? 33 "people" world wide is not a "respectable number". WTF?

stanczyk

Patron
I hate to burst anyone's stat induced happy bubble...

But
I have a sneaking suspicion that many visits are due to repeat visits frompeople like me, wondering what they are up to now and getting a peak into m2 members views and mindset. It isa fascinating insight into a very different mindset.

I'm the same. If they think my visits swelling their stats is a sign of success then they have a big disappointment coming. Having said that though, the views expressed there are so completely out of touch with reality that I doubt they'll ever realise. A fascinating but ultimately depressing view into the damage long term scientology exposure does to some people.

Terril park

Sponsor
Bragging about reams of paper and numbers of pens in the 21st Fucking Century?

How much mimeograph ink did they use? :hysterical:

You maybe giving he who should not be listened to ideas for the IAS
meeting about to be the most important event in the history of the
wholetrack.

Gallons of ink used

No of trees destroyed to make paper

No of pens used up per auditor

No of visits to ethics

How many blown PCs and students no longer
enturbulate the sheeple/clubbed seals/ gold humanitarians
with bar and other luminaries

How many SP declares that maintain doctrinal purity