What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two: Summary and Analysis of Past Three Years

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
I think the main take-away points from tl;dr OP is this:

At the beginning of 2013 the influx of recently-out indies from the exodus spawned by the SPTimes Truth Rundown was still going strong and MS2 seemed like a good idea. By mid 2013 a lot of those people were beginning to wake up to the reality that LRH was just as bad as DM and MS2 hit rough water. By 2014 a significant number of recently-out indies were completely done with calling themselves Scientologists and it became obvious the MS2 field was pathetically small. In 2015 they began playing the blame game for their shrunken field and took a nose-dive into policy-backed denial. So now, as we enter 2016, they have declared their denial tactics successful and toasted their tiny field of standard-tech indies with a dose of bubble-y kool aid.

Hip hip. Hurrr. Durrrrr.

Purple Rain

Crusader
You don't leave anyone guessing, for sure!

Definitely not the dumb part, Purple. :)

I have learned the hard way that it is actually dumb not to withold some things.

When my ex-boyfriend was demanding to know how many people I'd slept with, who had propositioned me, who had flirted with me, what had they said, what had they done, what had I said, what had I done, how had they looked at me, how had I looked at them, what was the vibe, what was I thinking about, who was I thinking about, what did this song remind me of, who did this song remind me of, ditto movies, books, bits of knowledge etc. ... the reason I could not withold, the reason I felt people were OWED answers was due to Hubbard and the sec check mentality - you can't hide it so the least painless thing to do is be honest and open - about things that are none of anybody else's business.

With Tom I am always telling myself - I have the right to the privacy of my own thougts and memories.

Sharing those with somebody else is a gift - not something that's owed.

And not only was I divulging my private business, but that of others who had trusted me as a confidante.

I still think that one of the most damaging aspects for me of the cultic rewiring has been the inability to withold.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Please published a modern annotated tech dictionary.

LOL

I actually started compiling such definitions years ago, under the moniker:

THE SCIENTOLOGY
DINKY
DB
DICTIONARY

Un-Bridged Edition

The definitions are kind of scattered on different threads, but here's an example of a few definitions (i.e. "attacked", "enemy line") over on THE STUPID THREAD. One day, I'll have to compile all those abominable definitions in one place.

I remember the very first "DB Definition" I ever came up with. Surprisingly, or not, it was wayyyyy back in the day when I was actually a full-blown Scientologist!

I was a Clear but had not yet even started the OT levels. I think I only shared it with 2 or 3 very carefully chosen friends, and we laughed about it together. Several decades later, those folks are STILL IN SCIENTOLOGY! What the hell?! I thought they got the joke! LOL.

Okay, here's the basic-basic on the chain of evil scripture from the COH (Church of Hoaxology):

Scientology Celebrity -noun: Anyone whose bank account balance equals or exceeds their tech estimate.

No One

a girl is no one
I have learned the hard way that it is actually dumb not to withold some things.

When my ex-boyfriend was demanding to know how many people I'd slept with, who had propositioned me, who had flirted with me, what had they said, what had they done, what had I said, what had I done, how had they looked at me, how had I looked at them, what was the vibe, what was I thinking about, who was I thinking about, what did this song remind me of, who did this song remind me of, ditto movies, books, bits of knowledge etc. ... the reason I could not withold, the reason I felt people were OWED answers was due to Hubbard and the sec check mentality - you can't hide it so the least painless thing to do is be honest and open - about things that are none of anybody else's business.

With Tom I am always telling myself - I have the right to the privacy of my own thougts and memories.

And not only was I divulging my private business, but that of others who had trusted me as a confidante.

I still think that one of the most damaging aspects for me of the cultic rewiring has been the inability to withold.

I agree!!! 100% on this... my honesty layer in the other thread what you stated and how you explained it is like what I was more trying to say =)

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

It has always baffled me that some people get completely bent out of shape about affairs their partner had before they knew them. It makes no sense to me at all. What a partner did before I met her is her business and something I'm not really that interested in. I'm not going to be jealous of her previous lovers that's for sure, and I think it would be odd if a female was upset about previous partners of mine.

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
(Deleted after reading earlier in the thread, and realizing I was making an unnecessary point.)

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Bp39zN1IEAAuDlW.jpg

Exactly.

KSW is false.

It's been PROVEN that the Fat Man was NOT the sole source of the $cientology tecque and indeed plagarized or outright stole some/many elements. How can ANY Freezone group pretend otherwise? It would be willful ignorance and......... insanity.

Since you FZ peeps do not seem to have enough perspective or grounding in the real world. Here's a plan for you guys. Free. Gratis. From me to you. Start up a Freezone $cientology group that does not refute or try to sugatcoat the dog that Hubbard was. Not even a little. One that accepts that KSW is FALSE and attributes correctly who developed what.

Your prey... excuse me, your customers know all about Hubbard. It cannot be hidden anymore.

Seems like an actual first step, something based a bit more in reality for you that want to try to separate the nuggets out from the steaming pile of shit that is $cientology.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Yup.

I could write a book about this subject.

People with abusive personalities make it their business to "dig in" to their victim's heads. Get the insecurities, weaknesses, embarrassments, secrets. For the purpose of using them as weapons later on down the road.

After many years of being on the receiving end (I'm unfortunately honest by nature and sometimes not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to exploitative people) I finally realized...I don't owe anyone anything about my life or myself.

Period.

This realization put me in a much better place.

Hate to say it, but total honesty is overrated. :no: