What's new

Infinite Complacency

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Allan

any relation to Matt or Dave (both unrelated to eachother)

Allan was the Father of Michael Henderson(me) OHTEEATE ex Scn OT 8
Michele Stith President LA ORG ClVIII OT 8
Melanie Lekas PES LA Fdn OTV
Melissa Schlaich Headmistress, Upper School, Delphi Los Angeles OT V Cl VIII
Matt Henderson Former CO CMO EIUS 15 year SO member Clear
Marcy Sargeant 35 year veteran Sea Org member offloaded fior medical reasons,( they did not want to pay her bills) former ED St. Louis, ED Albuquerque,. Briefing Course Sup, Pgms Chf Flag Land Base. OT V
The last 5 of the 6 children did not say goodbye to their dying Father, or attend his funeral due to Scn disconnection policy.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Sorry to hear about what happened to your dad and his wife. It's sad to think that Scientology can seperate family members in such a cold grusome fashion. Fortunately I never involved any members of my family. I'd hate to think what my life would be like if I had. I was on Class V org staff for 71/2 years and was disconnected from my family just by being on staff. You had to get a replacement for your post if you wanted time off (CSW). The insanity at class V level was pretty bad, but I had always thought that it would get more sane as you went up the org board. The stories I have read of ex SO has corrected my delusion on that. While it's true that there are many good Scientologist, it is also true that many naturally contributed to the madness as was part of their personality. I personally see no good in keeping Scientology around because it has destroyed much more than it has helped. The man who created the tech which many find so valuable also created the policy that has and will ruin good people. Yhe tech can not bring the results claimed and the desire for it is what gave the policies their force.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Yes, touching story. I didn't know Matt had any other relatives. I only remember him briefly during the renos, and had no direct contact with him. He seemed like a nice guy. Sorry that your family was separated by the church.

byte301

Crusader
OHTEEATE,

I didn't realize your whole family was in the cult. Man, I can't even imagine how hard it was on your dad and you all these years.

I'll be thinking of you and Marcy at our next protest here in Albuquerque. It will be on elron's birthday and I may even see Marcy if they have an event this year.

A really sad story, OHTEEATE. I hate this cult.

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/ Jonny Jacobsens blog today, Monday, has a nice write up of my Fathers story. There are some embedded soundbites of my Dad talking a month before his death. His name was Allan Henderson.

Thank you for sharing this Mike. Jonny did a really good job with yours and your father's story.

It was wonderful that you could reconnect with your father and also how you reach out to all your family in the hopes of your reconnection to them as well.

Every time that I hear your story I reflect on one of my favorite poems "The Lighthouse Letter" which of course tells the story of families torn apart by organized scientology and their cruel policies of disconnection.

Their disconnection is nothing more than a heartless and cruel attempt to destroy families for worldly gain (money and slave labor). They have to try to destroy love in order to keep their slaves or suck out of well intentioned public every dime they have. And all this for a promise they cannot keep.

What is important at this point is that you have risen above all that, you wear your heart out for all to see and open it forever to those you love. Thank you for showing us every time you speak out how much you care and, in doing so, serving as an excellent example and an inspiration to so many of us.

As I think of the The Lighthouse Letter, I now think of you reaching out to your family lost inside organized scientology knowing that within them is still the love you want to help them find.

Sort of like this from the poem:

"Deep within your cavern dark, a spring of truth abides.
How I hope you find this bottle, for my kisses are inside.

The light outside is dazzling; escape's a costly prize.
But gentle reader, grasp my hand -- and I shall be your eyes".

Here's to the day they find again your hand and you show them the way out of that dark cavern of lies and betrayal and help them into the dazzling light of freedom, of true love, of family love!

There are many of us out here who together with you in the spirit of family will continue to do whatever we can to see this sort of abuse and cruelty ended.

Oh, and also thanks for even beating me at tearing up when you are pouring out your heart. I almost got Mark Headly crying when we spoke in Germany and I lost it at the end. He however got it together and somehow managed to get through his speech. Thank you for being at least one person who can put me to shame in this department! lol

w/<3 Larry

PS: The entire poem for those who may not have seen it or who want to be reminded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8y01chxc8

THE LIGHTHOUSE LETTER

How I hope you find this bottle, my kisses are inside.

But gentle reader, grasp my hand and I shall be your eyes.

Behold a gallant queen, her son lost at sea.
She built a lighthouse to the stars, in hopes that he would see.

Her heartlights sweep the beach at night, the prince perchance to see.
In a lifeboat rolling on the waves, is where I'll wait for thee.

Eleven thousand suns and moons have risen, shone and sighed,
o'er the throne of her persistent heart denied.

I've met a king, a prodigal his careworn face so kind.
On foot he bears the banner of a son he vows to find.

Behind him stands a motley crew of knights both young and old.
Their merriments are legend; their cause for us is bold.

And upon a mighty web composed of sliver strands,
three sisters weave the orphans' tales to far and distant lands.

Eyes behind wise spectacles are blurred by tears and rain,
and love for shipwrecked families devoured for worldly gain.

Eleven thousand suns and moons, ten billion twinkling lights,
have gazed silent on our tragedy -- and this is why they fight.

Their heartlights sweep the beach at night, and lifeboats dot the sea.
May fortune speed you safely here, to reconnect with me".

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I am deeply moved by this, by your father's humility and by your grace. Jonny is an excellent writer and your Dad a good man. I was moved to tears reading and listening to it.

Scientology as an organization is inherently designed to ruins families and blot out any semblence of familial love. Your family was destined for problems because that is the nature of the beast called Scientology.

So, don't be so hard on yourself Michael. Sometimes, all we can do is make the most of the situation and you, with the help Donna, did just that. Your father died knowing you loved him and you cared. That counts for alot. Imagine if you were still in and disconnected from him when he had died. The pain and heartache your siblings will feel one day, for the recognition of having forsaken him for such unwarranted reasons, is a burden you do not have to carry today; I pray your siblings come to their senses soon. I hope they get to know what unconditional love really means by seeing that you have done what they couldn't.

Mary McConnell

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
So sorry for your loss

Mike, what a sad story of disconnection. I am glad you reconnected and had time with your father before his passing. I hope the rest of your family gets out - and the end of this kind of abuse - happens very soon.

Thank you for sharing your's and your father's stories.

Lurker5

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm so sorry for what was done to your family, Mike.

I've been a blubbering mess since Friday. :bigcry: Listening to the live feed on Friday morning and now reading your story, has left me emotionally drained.
Thank you for sharing your and your dad's story.

Sandie

Patron with Honors
Mike

Thank you for sharing your fathers passing with us.

I am in tears reading his story, your story and about your brothers and sisters.
You are so blessed to have been with your Dad in his later years. Your sibblings, however, will have heavy hearts to bear if they ever can break free of the clutches of Scientology.
These actions of the Church are so evil it drains me each time I read about such a story and it ignites more fuel to the fire inside me to do more to help bring these disgusting practices to justice!:angry:
My love and prayers, are with you and your family mike, of hope and peace in the years to come.

:rose::rose:

byte301

Crusader
Thank you for sharing this Mike. Jonny did a really good job with yours and your father's story.

It was wonderful that you could reconnect with your father and also how you reach out to all your family in the hopes of your reconnection to them as well.

Every time that I hear your story I reflect on one of my favorite poems "The Lighthouse Letter" which of course tells the story of families torn apart by organized scientology and their cruel policies of disconnection.

Their disconnection is nothing more than a heartless and cruel attempt to destroy families for worldly gain (money and slave labor). They have to try to destroy love in order to keep their slaves or suck out of well intentioned public every dime they have. And all this for a promise they cannot keep.

What is important at this point is that you have risen above all that, you wear your heart out for all to see and open it forever to those you love. Thank you for showing us every time you speak out how much you care and, in doing so, serving as an excellent example and an inspiration to so many of us.

As I think of the The Lighthouse Letter, I now think of you reaching out to your family lost inside organized scientology knowing that within them is still the love you want to help them find.

Sort of like this from the poem:

How I hope you find this bottle, for my kisses are inside.

But gentle reader, grasp my hand -- and I shall be your eyes".

Here's to the day they find again your hand and you show them the way out of that dark cavern of lies and betrayal and help them into the dazzling light of freedom, of true love, of family love!

There are many of us out here who together with you in the spirit of family will continue to do whatever we can to see this sort of abuse and cruelty ended.

Oh, and also thanks for even beating me at tearing up when you are pouring out your heart. I almost got Mark Headly crying when we spoke in Germany and I lost it at the end. He however got it together and somehow managed to get through his speech. Thank you for being at least one person who can put me to shame in this department! lol

w/<3 Larry

PS: The entire poem for those who may not have seen it or who want to be reminded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8y01chxc8

THE LIGHTHOUSE LETTER

How I hope you find this bottle, my kisses are inside.

But gentle reader, grasp my hand and I shall be your eyes.

Behold a gallant queen, her son lost at sea.
She built a lighthouse to the stars, in hopes that he would see.

Her heartlights sweep the beach at night, the prince perchance to see.
In a lifeboat rolling on the waves, is where I'll wait for thee.

Eleven thousand suns and moons have risen, shone and sighed,
o'er the throne of her persistent heart denied.

I've met a king, a prodigal his careworn face so kind.
On foot he bears the banner of a son he vows to find.

Behind him stands a motley crew of knights both young and old.
Their merriments are legend; their cause for us is bold.

And upon a mighty web composed of sliver strands,
three sisters weave the orphans' tales to far and distant lands.

Eyes behind wise spectacles are blurred by tears and rain,
and love for shipwrecked families devoured for worldly gain.

Eleven thousand suns and moons, ten billion twinkling lights,
have gazed silent on our tragedy -- and this is why they fight.

Their heartlights sweep the beach at night, and lifeboats dot the sea.
May fortune speed you safely here, to reconnect with me".

Thanks for posting that video. It is one of my favorites. :bigcry: