What's new

Informative Freezone Links

Letting go is a very important thing. It's something I'd like to be better at. But no offense...it occurs to me that...if one is looking at letting go, then how about letting go of the idea that others shouldn't practice Scn outside CofS?

Easy now, Fluff. Don't go "jumping off the deep end". One step at a time.

Mark A. Baker

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Letting go is a very important thing. It's something I'd like to be better at. But no offense...it occurs to me that...if one is looking at letting go, then how about letting go of the idea that others shouldn't practice Scn outside CofS?

peace

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron

Where have I said that others "shouldn't" practice Scn outside the CofS?

I express opinions about the Scn tech and how whole parts of it contradict the basics of its own subject. (Criticism is often misunderstood by Scientologists, unfortunately.)

That is not the same as saying people shouldn't practice it. People can do whatever they want, surely that is a given isn't it? Similarly, people are free to citicise, outside the censorship cult of Scn.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the info lionheart. I'd like to see a thread here for self-help technologies, such as Sedona and others.

Douglas Harding was an amazing man btw, I've got one of his books. He died recently but lived to nearly 100.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the info lionheart. I'd like to see a thread here for self-help technologies, such as Sedona and others.

Douglas Harding was an amazing man btw, I've got one of his books. He died recently but lived to nearly 100.

Yes I Knew Douglas for two years before he died. A truly great soul! :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, Lionheart,

You have made comments directly to people about their practice of Scn. You've written a number of posts evidencing distaste with both the ideas in Scn and with the practice of it.

This does convey an opinion and it evidently is one to which you are holding on since I've not seen evidence that it has changed.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, Lionheart,

You have made comments directly to people about their practice of Scn. You've written a number of posts evidencing distaste with both the ideas in Scn and with the practice of it.

This does convey an opinion and it evidently is one to which you are holding on since I've not seen evidence that it has changed.

Whose to say one can't have an opinion when one is released?!! It is your evaluation that my opinion should change - is that because you don't like the opinion?

Letting go isn't a command. It's not a scn process! It is an invitation and genuine non-scn releasing tech can't be used as evidence of "case" just because someone is expressing beliefs.

I know scn tech is often used to make people wrong in scn, but outside the Hubbard box, using other technologies to make people wrong or to impose censorship of criticism is not particularly constructive. Scientology does that a lot, but we don't play Hubbard's slavish games any more.

After lots of releasing and letting go, one doesn't become some sort of ineffective, undecided sponge. In my experience when one is released, one has a powerful source to tap into, when one desires to do so, without the liabilities normally associated with action and expression of opinion.

Please don't mistake opinions for "case". And please don't try to use tech that you don't practice to censor or make wrong. This is a discussion board and opinions should be allowed to be freely expressed.

Hubbard wanted to shut people up, we don't have to play that game any more.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I choose to think of clearing tech (the subject) as containing any methods which bring about a betterment of emotional affect (from that person's perspective) and cognitive shift, along with extroversion of attention. If the Sedona Method achieves that, I consider it would fall in the clearing "box". Scientology is just a brand name. I prefer the generic.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, Kev,

I was recommending a couple things today to someone interested in Scn but who had some other things going on that might make traditional auditing- even in the FZ- maybe not so possible. One was TIR and the other was Paul's robot auditor.

I would think that for those who want to think outside the box but still recognize Hubbard's genius that what I sometimes call "spin offs of Scn" (which isn't meant derogatorily) might be best.

Hubbard himself changed things so often that standard tech becomes a term that is almost meaningless in a way.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Glad to be of service, m'am! Hmmm... MU I just noticed: Paul's Robot Auditor: is this a program I've seen? Is this the UCP Virtual Witness? Similar? I'd like to check it out.

As to your point about the term Standard Tech being almost meaningless, I'd agree. There have been so many changes... and there are plenty of things that aren't on the "Standard Bridge" that are plenty useful and potent, and plenty of things on it that I don't consider Standard at ALL. That's why, when I was a Zoner, I had to sort through it all (much as I could), and then decide what was "parascientology" and what wasn't, for me. The stuff that wasn't, for me, I choose to call Standard. My fucking Standard, OKAY!!! Sheesh.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I guess everyone has different thoughts as to which ideas should be "let go" of. Particularly when they're thinking of others.:coolwink:

The more one releases, the less "shoulds" and "musts" there are! :)

The great freedom we have gained from our escape from the mind-censoring cult - a hard won and painful victory, is the ability to feel and express and discuss and think! :happydance:

You mentioned, a couple of posts ago, that you could get better at letting go. I know you don't want suggestions from one like me, but for others, generally I would suggest to anyone who has difficulty letting go of what one is holding onto - if that is causing discomfort (charge) then try holding on and holding on and holding on even more. And even harder still, hold on as hard as you can and see what happens. :) :happydance:

Veda

Sponsor
This thread has deviated from the Free Zone/Freezone theme, and into the more pleasant Field of those usually known as "Independents." That's understandable.

Even Scientology Freezoners are, these days, reluctant to openly state what they believe, mirroring their cousins in corporate $cientology.

One thing that's remarkable about Scientology's bizarro and dark Hubbo-centered cosmology, its Implantology/Xenu levels, and its enlightenment-shrouded-mind-f__k "Bridge to Total Freedom," is that these have a sufficient hold on proponents of Scientology, both "$" and "non-$" variety, that these proponents of Scientology will deny, rationalize, ignore, spin, explain away, PR, BS, or otherwise tap dance around these areas when asked, "What is Scientology?"

One refreshing characteristic of Captain Bill was his frankness. He was an L. Ron Hubbard fan(atic) and proud of it. PR and "acceptable truth" be damned.

And now please stand for the Free Zone marching song:

http://galac-patra.narod.ru/index.html

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, that's a tough one to swallow hey!

In spite of "all that an' all that" - Ithink it was Robbie Burns who said that - in spite of it all guys are still making wonderfull gains with properly applied Scientology. Absolutely amazing.

Why do you reckon that would be?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
in spite of it all guys are still making wonderfull gains with properly applied Scientology. Absolutely amazing.

Why do you reckon that would be?

Scientology Training is training in any number of things, benign and malign, but, one of the most important is the training in giving credit to Scientology (and Ron) for all 'gains' and yourself for any failures.

Zinj

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quote from Zinj"

Scientology Training is training in any number of things, benign and malign, but, one of the most important is the training in giving credit to Scientology (and Ron) for all 'gains' and yourself for any failures.

Well said!

Never looked at it quite that way but it is true!!!

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Zinj

This is true. But this statement of yours reveals a mindset with which most people in the western world have become indoctrinated into - you pay your money and you get what you were promised. One sees this insidious thinking creep into all sorts of places.

A better approach (when dealing with Scientology) is to balance that mindset with a measure of "I paid my money - this gives me the opportunity to dig deep within myself and come up with better answers to the difficulties I've had in life up to now."

I think you'll get better results that way.