What's new

Inside Scientology - Kaufman

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I was just reading an old post from 2009 and saw a link to this book, so I clicked it to see if it was still 'live'. It is, and so here's the book in case anyone hasn't read it and would like to.

phenomanon

Canyon
I was just reading an old post from 2009 and saw a link to this book, so I clicked it to see if it was still 'live'. It is, and so here's the book in case anyone hasn't read it and would like to.
I have that book in my bookcase.
I'm pretty sure that I was on the Apollo with the author, Robert Kaufman. Could've been a different Robert Kaufman. The reason I remember him that once,during some storm at sea, every person on board the ship, including every Apollo Staff member, was on the upperf decks being seasick. One guy and I remained on study, sitting in the Aft lounge, His name was Robert Kaufman. 1971.

strativarius

I have that book in my bookcase.
I'm pretty sure that I was on the Apollo with the author, Robert Kaufman. Could've been a different Robert Kaufman. The reason I remember him that once,during some storm at sea, every person on board the ship, including every Apollo Staff member, was on the upperf decks being seasick. One guy and I remained on study, sitting in the Aft lounge, His name was Robert Kaufman. 1971.
Yes, I've got it in hardback as well - Olympia Press. It was the book that put Olympia out of business effectively. It was the first thing I ever read that had stuff about OT III in it and I was OT I at the time. No, it wasn't the same Robert Kaufman. The author of the book was never on the Apollo.

Where's the email you owe me? :biggrin:

phenomanon

Canyon
Yes, I've got it in hardback as well - Olympia Pres It was the book that put Olympia out of business effectively. It was the first thing I ever read that had stuff about OT III in it and I was OT I at the time. No, it wasn't the same Robert Kaufman. The author of the book was never on the Apollo.

Where's the email you owe me? :biggrin:
I been in Physical Therapy 3 days a week. I had a Prolia infusion. I slept 14 hours Weds. nite, and 12 last night.
Yesterday I made something from ground Sirloin, Zuchinni ( from my garden), and Gnocci, liberally mixed with Garlic, Chili sauce, and a little Cream Cheese. All in one pan.
Today I rebelled, and went to the flicks to see " A Star is Born". A good film.
Tonight I made Corn Bread and Tomato-Basil Soup.
Christ! Stratti! My life is pretty sterile. I would like to write something of at least cursory interest, but it is bloody quiet here.
It is 60o, sunny and dry. My garden is all done. Plants are out of bloom.
It feels like Armageddon every day that I turn on the TV.
How're you doing, Sugar?

strativarius

I been in Physical Therapy 3 days a week. I had a Prolia infusion. I slept 14 hours Weds. nite, and 12 last night.
Yesterday I made something from ground Sirloin, Zuchinni ( from my garden), and Gnocci, liberally mixed with Garlic, Chili sauce, and a little Cream Cheese. All in one pan.
Christ! Stratti! My life is pretty sterile. I would like to write something of at least cursory interest, but it is bloody quiet here.
How're you doing, Sugar?
Well, thanks for the email sweets, nice of you to share it with the rest of the world as well. How am I doing? Never better! I guess life is back to normal for you now that *** is back from **. *****. Last week I saw ****** and she said **** ***, so I said **** *** ***. **** *******, * *******!

Love, stratty.

xxx

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
How're you doing, Sugar?
Hi,
I'm pretty sure you were in earlier than anyone
still alive. I'm sure many would be interested to read
your memoirs.

phenomanon

Canyon
Hi,
I'm pretty sure you were in earlier than anyone
still alive. I'm sure many would be interested to read
your memoirs.
My memoirs
? Nothing I can say hasn't already been said, Terrill.
People ask me " what was LRH really like?"
I answer "he was everyman to everyman".
Doesn't even spike interest, but that is what lrh was really like.
He had more facets than the Hope diamond. How do you satisfy curiosity about such a remarkable man?
OTOH,Why would anyone be curious after what has already been revealed?
Aren't there enough memoirs and books coming out almost weekly enough, without my bitter memories.
Terrill, my memories are so clouded by the loss of my daughter that I cannot be objective about scn.
Dragging it all out over these ( ha) 66 years is too much angst for me. Looking at those pictures does not relieve me of the sorrow that my "adventure" in Dianetics led to.
Thanks for your interest.

phenomanon

Canyon
He died in June 2011 phenom. Was he a friend of yours? Here's a video of him from YouTube:

Wow!
John was in Phoenix when I arrived there, in late ' 51.
I knew him thru the years, and we became friends when we both lived in LA.
John was a trusted assistant to lrh.
Not only was he a nanny to lrh's babies, he also edited manuscripts, etc.
He was quiet and seemed shy, and could often be found sitting in a corner, on the floor. Observing.Phrasing questions or remarks to watch the reaction to them.
I introduced John to Bent Corydon when Bent was writing his book.
It's funny. I don't even recall that John was ever "onlines" per se.
I didn't mean to write anything about John, other than to ack his passing and wish Terry the best.
I lost touch with them when we left LA.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
My memoirs
? Nothing I can say hasn't already been said, Terrill.
People ask me " what was LRH really like?"
I answer "he was everyman to everyman".
Doesn't even spike interest, but that is what lrh was really like.
He had more facets than the Hope diamond. How do you satisfy curiosity about such a remarkable man?
OTOH,Why would anyone be curious after what has already been revealed?
Aren't there enough memoirs and books coming out almost weekly enough, without my bitter memories.
Terrill, my memories are so clouded by the loss of my daughter that I cannot be objective about scn.
Dragging it all out over these ( ha) 66 years is too much angst for me. Looking at those pictures does not relieve me of the sorrow that my "adventure" in Dianetics led to.
Thanks for your interest.

the gospel of the rose
is the gospel
of the blossom
and the thorn