Interesting Comments from Marty's blog

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
martyc.jpg

^ Found at WWP.

Bwaaahahaha.

No, it's because I don't think he could do anything productive, but maybe that's just my lack of imaginations? :unsure:

Veda

Sponsor
I value Zhong's pasting various snippets of Marty's blog over here. I rarely go over there myself (only if linked) and so I'd miss out on what's going on.

As he said earlier, he labels all his threads with "Marty" - so it makes it easy to ignore if you want to.

Maybe I need to start a "Marty" section so they can all be filed there?

IMO, that would be a mistake.

Why not keep it as it is?

A Marty Section would legitimize Marty and would certainly be viewed as a win by him and his followers.

And this, while his comments on ESMB - and that's something that perhaps someone should compile - are unrelentingly negative.

I vote to keep things as they are.

Unless, it were to become a subcategory of the "Freezone Scientology, Independent Scientology, and Ron's Org's" section, but that would artificially marginalize it... Mmmmm...

No :no:, don't change anything.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
IMO, that would be a mistake.

Why not keep it as it is?

A Marty Section would legitimize Marty and would certainly be viewed as a win by him and his followers.

And this, while his comments on ESMB - and that's something that perhaps someone should compile - are unrelentingly negative.

I vote to keep things as they are.

Unless, it were to become a subcategory of the "Freezone Scientology, Independent Scientology, and Ron's Org's" section, but that would artificially marginalize it... Mmmmm...

No :no:, don't change anything.

I was thinking of a subsection under "independent Scientology" called "Marty's World" or similar.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Just to be clear.......

Forums, Sections & Subforums on ESMB are there for classification of discussion. Like a filing system. No other reason.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I was thinking of a subsection under "independent Scientology" called "Marty's World" or similar.

I could live with that. But I could live with a renaming of the FZ section to "FZ, Inde [STRIKE]bt[/STRIKE] p (endant, and Martie's World)" as well.

Veda

Sponsor

Oh :blush:, well, in that case, I kind of like it. :)

Maybe, 'Marty World" (like the "Wally World" amusement park in the Chevy Chase movie), Or, "Martyland" (like "Disneyland").

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I don't understand why you would oppose this. The threads are already here, and the future ones will be posted anyway, so why not put them in their own section for easy recognition (or avoidance)?

I must be missing something. :confused2:

I'm in favor of a Marty Section. Like it or not he's a major player in the entire Anti Scn/Scn scene right now.

I completely appreciate Zhong posting interesting tidbits on that blog so that I don't have to slog my way through all that retardedness.

Those who don't want to read it should not read it and stop the bitching about it being posted here. It's just information and information can't hurt you.

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Another comment I believe is significant, both for what it says and the fact that Marty posted it.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/heretics-and-the-scientology-inquisition/#comment-143616
Axiom142 | August 20, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Reply

Spot on Joe!

I’ve been trying to make the point that it CAN’T just be about DM, for a while now, but you have expressed it better. Yes, from what I’ve heard (but not seen for myself) he is a nasty piece of work. But what could he have done if no one listened to him or followed his stupid instructions?

The culture of the CoS is one where you were presented with ‘The Truth’ and you were expected to do things a certain way or else. Kick up too much of a fuss and you were expelled so that you couldn’t infect the other members of the group with your heretical ideas.

Yes, yes, LRH said that it was only true if it was true for you, but if you tried that excuse with the staff, you got short shrift – I know this from my own experiences. You were expected to conform. At least that’s how it was in my time.

The whole culture and mindset within the group of people who call themselves Scientologists has to change. They need to be able to think and evaluate for themselves and not just follow orders blindly.

And maybe being prepared to listen to another point of view even if it seems really unpalatable at first without automatically engaging in name-calling.

Ax

Veda

Sponsor
What's missing is a representative picture of the responses to these comments. Often such comments are permitted so as to allow a dog pile of responses that dismember and discredit the comment. Kind of like Scientology training for a high level PR person.

I know that everyone wants Marty-Luther Rathbun - and thus his followers - to "see the light," but the posting of a few isolated comments may present an unrealistic impression.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ok we have a new section called "MartyWorld". Zhong could you make sure you start your "Marty" threads in that section. Ta :biggrin:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ok we have a new section called "MartyWorld". Zhong could you make sure you start your "Marty" threads in that section. Ta :biggrin:

cant wait for it......
he will enjoy it....soon there will be comments like :
SAM - Marty,over THERE at ESMB, they hate your truthfulness,your theta,your goodness,your PHENOMENAL work,......they even don't like your sprinklers..
SAM replay to SAM - oooo Marty,you are best.
SAM replay to SAM replay to SAM - we hate DM,we love MR,MR , we hate ESMB.
SAM replay to SAM replay to SAM replay to SAM - we,here,know what works....
etc.......:wink2:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Try not to take it too seriously, it's the Internet. :)

I am not.
but when you go to M blog, 200 or 300 comments can be there....
and then ,you find that 8 of them do comments-then add one more(on their own comment),then one more,then one more.....
what makes Internet very interesting and informative is communication between as many people as possible - and there is NOT such a case ....
Big hello from Croatia. (Bulgraviya).:p