What's new

Interesting Comments from Marty's blog

Smilla

Ordinary Human
From a point of view of board admin, it now makes sense to have a sub forum on a subject that does take up a lot of space, for whatever reason. WWP make 'situation rooms' for subjects of the day but this one is not likely to go away soon. Yes perhaps it could seem like a "promotion" of some kind, I don't think so though. In fact it is often the comments that are more interesting than whatever Rathbunny says.

If people from the blog want to see what the dreadful NCG SP ESMBers really think then reading the honest comments, jokes and eye opening posts on the Marty threads is a good thing IMO, and if they are easier to find then all the better. :)

After reading what you, freethinker, and degraded being have to say, I think you're right.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . To me the real problem <with Scientology> has an “earlier beginning”. Something was already wrong, or missing, in order for him <DM> to have been able to accomplish what he has . . .

Here's your earlier beginning:

6019392751_833dcd7114.jpg

. . . the entire subject was forged from crucible of lies. As was noted by Tommy Davis in the New Yorker:

. . . At the meeting, Davis and I also discussed Hubbard’s war record. His voice filling with emotion, he said that, if it was true that Hubbard had not been injured, then “the injuries that he handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” He concluded, “The fact of the matter is that Mr. Hubbard was a war hero" . . .

. . . and, 60 years later, Scientologists are still lying. Perhaps not so much about Hubbard's war record, by lying all the same and due mainly to the fact that lying is standard KSW; is now, was then, and always will be.

Last edited:

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
If I may, also of significance:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/heretics-and-the-scientology-inquisition/#comment-143617

Margaret | August 20, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Reply

Dan,

First, thanks for pointing out that letter just written to the Special Directors of CST (posted at http://www.savescientology.com/demand1.pdf). Brilliant! If it goes ignored or given the run-around, I hope the authors of the letter are prepared to take it to the next step by notifying the appropriate state and federal authorities who oversee corporate law and ethics.

With regard to the need to re-visit certain LRH policies, I think it would be very short-sighted not to do so. “Disconnection” may have been “cancelled as a condition” in 1968, but it was never cancelled in practice. The then (and current) Suppressive Acts PL has always required Scientologists to disconnect from those individuals “declared SPs by HCO”. There may have been attempts to reform/revise this whole area of policy in the late1960s/1970s, but in actual practice because the SP Acts policy always had this requirement, enforced disconnection has always been active.

With regard to “Fair Game”, the “declaring” of people as Fair Game may have been cancelled in 1968, but the confidential HCO PL “Targets, Defense” written for GO in 1969 (and later re-issued in 1987 for OSA) is just one example of a specific policy which bore LRH’s name, and which is part of the continuing practice of “fair gaming” the “enemy”. I’m not suggesting that Scientologists shouldn’t be smart about recognizing real suppression and confronting/handling it, but everyday groups face opposition all the time — and there are better ways of dealing with it than resorting to unethical and clandestine practices as described in policies such as “Targets, Defense” and other confidential OSA orders.

All I’m saying is, let a real reform be done — the one that we all thought was done in the 80s with the GO, but as it turned out was only superficially done for PR and image reasons. I agree that Miscavige is the main WHO. But I think we need to recognize that certain policies and rules from the 1960s (written in completely different times and circumstances), need to be re-visited and revised or completely retired. And the internet has also changed how organizations and groups communicate and do business — LRH policies need to be re-evaluated in light of fundamental societal changes such as this imho.

I don't mind, but I wouldn't like to increase his already overblown sense of self-importance. He's just another Scientologist, really. Terril Park on steroids :omg: or maybe LSD. In any case, he's doing more to keep people trapped in the Scientology cult mind trap than anybody par Miscavige. Oh heck - I just don't like him, that's all.

(Bold added.) Thank you Smilla. That IS the salient point. The "3M"s in a 3 ring circus, perpetuating the trap.

Fly

I don't like the idea of "promoting" Marty either, but that's a bit weird, because he would get a "promotion" he doesn't want - a more permanent postion from which to be hated by haters, attacked by SPs, nattered about by NCG DBs etc.:biggrin:

The Marty threads are very interesting now IMO. Or at least the inetraction between Marty's, ESMB, Otega, the COS and possibly WWP? There seems to be alot of what I would call "deconstuction". Marty and his followers, their ideas, and activities are being picked apart and inspected by ESMBers, and visitors, and I assume there are people a bit more into the Marty camp that come here to take a look, or someone over there can report on us and the evil we do. Some have argued in the past that Marty's is a good "landing place" for fragile beings who have escaped the COS and will die if they get exposed to too much truth about COS too soon. The climate seems better now than in the past, when it seemed to me that some would enter the shack and be there till they died.

Hehehe funny how you can read my quoted post, and then note that it was "disliked" by someone called "Fly-on-the-Wall":lol:

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
Maybe I need to start a "Marty" section so they can all be filed there?

There will always be "special issues" arising from time to time, and while they're in the spotlight, will seem to warrant their own section, but I think it would be a bad idea. Are SP Times or Tom Cruise also going to get their own section? Let's hope not.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There will always be "special issues" arising from time to time, and while they're in the spotlight, will seem to warrant their own section, but I think it would be a bad idea. Are SP Times or Tom Cruise also going to get their own section? Let's hope not.

LOL

But, hey! If Cruise gets his own section, let's do the right thing and set up the OFFICE OF LRH section and have a pack of open Kools in there!

It actually might be a funny thread to start this:

WRITE TO RON!
SO 2.0 Line
Upgrade your SO 1 today and connect online to Target 2!
All your problems and questions answered directly by Ron!

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
After reading your comments I agree with a Marty Section on this board... (and because a Fly liked my post :hide: I agree much more:biggrin:).

The "Martys New Scientology Cult" thing nerves me. I know I don't have to read this threads, but I am too snoopy. This threads bring me often in rage and I don't like this.:angry:

But please give this section a "great" name...

Petey C

Maybe if Marty had a real job he wouldn't need to audit people and he would stop all the self-aggrandisement. Anyone out there in TX willing to give a man a go?
:biggrin:

Petey C

PS I wouldn't give Martyposts their own section in ESMB. Just move all the threads to the Indie space. Otherwise he'll crow that he's so important he has his own section, which'll get up some ESMB noses, and besides, I think Scooter's right when he pointed out in another post about scn and religion that hair and fingernails keep growing after body death ... maybe that's all this is, just hair and fingernails.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I don't really care if Mahtey gets her own section or not. She'd still show up in the "Latest Posts" anyway. Which isn't really a bad thing, because sometimes it might be interesting to know what they're doing over there.

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
The "Martys New Scientology Cult" thing nerves me. I know I don't have to read this threads, but I am too snoopy. This threads bring me often in rage and I don't like this.:angry:
That, of course, is the best reason for NOT creating a special Marty section. :yes:

I mean that seriously.

I label each Marty thread, well, "Marty," so people can ignore the thread if they want.

The fact that you can't says something important.

Creating a separate "Marty" section would make the posts concerning Marty and the Independent Scientology movement too easy to non-confront.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
That, of course, is the best reason for NOT creating a special Marty section. :yes:

I mean that seriously.

I label each Marty thread, well, "Marty," so people can ignore the thread if they want.

The fact that you can't says something important.

Creating a separate "Marty" section would make the posts concerning Marty and the Independent Scientology movement too easy to non-confront.

Since I usually don't have time to read everything that's posted, it wouldn't make much of a difference for me anyway. 1st I read replies to my previous conversations, then I read what seems somehow promising, then I read what else new,and then, if I still have time left, I read the rest.

So as long as Marty threads are labeled as such, I don't care either way.