What's new

Introduction

robert

I am a new member. I have long experience with COS, but was very fortunate in that I myself never spent one red cent of my own money scratching the Scientology itch. I could never bring myself to shell out my own money since my beginning courses and auditing sessions, paid for by my family and then my employers, were all so....uncomfortable. Weird too. But my employer paid for some of my bridge as part of my compensation, so I got plenty of exposure to the beginning and intermediate classes, LRH Admin Tech, Condition Formulas, and all the rest of that bologna.

I thank the LORD, that I saw very quickly what Scientology was all about. Not only were some of the elementary concepots just crackpot gibberish (like misunderstood words being the only reason to blow a course), but I quickly saw the Resistrars were little better than sharks trying like used car salesman to get you to but something, anything....

I worked many years around many full blooded Scientologists many OT 8 and had a good chance to observe them closely in many different situations. I worked for a Wise company many years also and rubbed shoulders on a daily basis with many successful and wealthy Scientologists, including the infamous Reed Slatkin and quite a few of the celebrity Scientologists.

Here is one experience I will always remember: I lived near the Org and many many Scientologiest were packed into that building like sardines. One was a really pretty young woman. Her beauty was marred by a mouth full of rotten teeth. One day I saw her crying and asked her what was wrong. She told me her parents had sent her 20 grand so she could have her teeth fixed. She told one of her Scientologist friends who told one of the Regs and soon the Reg had her convinced she should spend the $20K on the Student Hat Course, instead of her dental care, since after completing the Student hat, her dynamics would become unjammed and she could then pay for her own teeth with all the money that would just come pouring in....

Now the Student hat as you all probably know is a deadening load of crap that keeps going on and on and on until the poor student is so desperate to get out of there that they will say anything even claim great success to make it so.

I saw the poor girl again about one year later. She had finished her Student Hat, and still had a mouthful of rotten teeth. :duh: How sad she looked!

That's it for now, will write more later.

Papabear

Patron
Welcome Robert! Congrats on posting and sharing your story, welcome to our growing family!:thumbsup:

Chris Eisenman

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:welcome2: Robert,

thanks for visiting and posting here! We always love hearing from exs :) Glad you are out and speaking up.

Yes, Scientology sucks the life and drains the pockets out of people.

You may want to explain further the 20K to the others....

Can you give us more info on that WISE company and the Hubbard College if you went there?

Mary McConnell

robert

Since when does Student Hat cost $20K?

I guess I don't remember the correct course that she was regged into taking....I thought it was Student Hat but I guess I remember wrong. This was at least 10 years ago.

The poor girl did spend all her dental money on Scientology courses, though, I remember that well. I bet she regrets it to this day.

That incident was my first real understanding of what $cientology was all about. It was to be reinforced over and over again in the nearly 10 years that I lived in very close proximity to Scientology, and worked in a Wise company, and saw over and over that #1 priority in any Scientologists life was to make the money to go up the bridge, by hook or by crook, raping their own companies and their own partners, etc., in the process was OK, so long as it was for the "greater good", LOL

By crook, I dont mean bank robbery, but fraud and embezzlement was not out of the question, just ask Reed Slatkin, serving 20 year + in the federal pen.

Mary, I don't want to mention the company by name since I could then be identified, and I still have familiy in COS and don't want to be disconnected. Hubbard College, yep, my employer spend a boatload of money to send me there to get LRH Admin trained. One of the things that I took away from it was that darned 3 tier basket--In, Pending, Out--I liked that and still use it to this very day!! But you better believe I scrapped the "condition formulas" pretty darned quick, ha-ha I am one happy man that I havent had to calculate my "stats" for over 10 years, now!

I remember seeing one propaganda film about LRH at a WISE meeting, it went like this:

The noble LRH stands in front of a panel of American Psychiatric Association big shots, humbly offering up diabetics as the solution to the ills of mankind. But the evil shirks scorned LRH's offer with looks of disdain. They are too busy making money from the misery of others! The don't WANT to cure mankind! That would mean patients no longer would need them and they would be out jobs, etc.... Grimly LRH realizes all this and he straightens himself with noble resolve: He will persevere, bringing Dianetics to the people single-handedly, fighting against the SPs....yada, yada, yada...

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Robert!
Enjoy your stay here. We love stories so continue as soon as you want!

Maybe it was KTL/LOC rather than St. Hat, but I don't know what they cost either...

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Since when does Student Hat cost $20K?

Welcome Robert!

About the 20K, if the regges knew she had $20K, you can bet she was sold a PACKAGE of training and probably auditing and IAS donations that added up to at least $20K (and probably with her still OWING some!)

The motto of a reg is never let a prospect leave without cleaning out every cent.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Thanks Robert. The story about the pretty lady losing the money meant to fix her teeth kind of sums up Scientology well.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am a new member. I have long experience with COS, but was very fortunate in that I myself never spent one red cent of my own money scratching the Scientology itch. I could never bring myself to shell out my own money since my beginning courses and auditing sessions, paid for by my family and then my employers, were all so....uncomfortable. Weird too. But my employer paid for some of my bridge as part of my compensation, so I got plenty of exposure to the beginning and intermediate classes, LRH Admin Tech, Condition Formulas, and all the rest of that bologna.

I thank the LORD, that I saw very quickly what Scientology was all about. Not only were some of the elementary concepots just crackpot gibberish (like misunderstood words being the only reason to blow a course), but I quickly saw the Resistrars were little better than sharks trying like used car salesman to get you to but something, anything....

I worked many years around many full blooded Scientologists many OT 8 and had a good chance to observe them closely in many different situations. I worked for a Wise company many years also and rubbed shoulders on a daily basis with many successful and wealthy Scientologists, including the infamous Reed Slatkin and quite a few of the celebrity Scientologists.

Here is one experience I will always remember: I lived near the Org and many many Scientologiest were packed into that building like sardines. One was a really pretty young woman. Her beauty was marred by a mouth full of rotten teeth. One day I saw her crying and asked her what was wrong. She told me her parents had sent her 20 grand so she could have her teeth fixed. She told one of her Scientologist friends who told one of the Regs and soon the Reg had her convinced she should spend the $20K on the Student Hat Course, instead of her dental care, since after completing the Student hat, her dynamics would become unjammed and she could then pay for her own teeth with all the money that would just come pouring in....

Now the Student hat as you all probably know is a deadening load of crap that keeps going on and on and on until the poor student is so desperate to get out of there that they will say anything even claim great success to make it so.

I saw the poor girl again about one year later. She had finished her Student Hat, and still had a mouthful of rotten teeth. :duh: How sad she looked!

That's it for now, will write more later.

Most of what you said sounds true BUT the Student Hat Course costs about $700. So what about the other $19,000 ?