What's new

Invent Your Own Tech!

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Hubbard was right about a few things. :omg:
Well, with that many words in print who wouldn't be? A broken clock is right twice a day, even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.......yes, I have a tendency to overdo it on the metaphors, or are they similes..........:confused2:

It seems to me that life and art are essentially the same thing. Hubbard stated the importance of the viewer to be able to contribute to any work of art. But one can't contribute to the tech and I think that's why I (in modern parlance) never took ownership of it.

So, for those us who are still interested in spiritual/personal development, I invite you to create your own tech. I believe you get better and deeper cognitions this way. Take as much as you wish from established subjects - there's no problem with this if you've genuinely look at them and find elements to be true. Hubbard took his own observations of life and those of others and tried to make them proprietary. Don't fall for it.

If I observe that to feel happy in life it's important to breathe then a fully indoctrinated Tansologist might believe they were only alive because of me and my selfless work in discovering and publishing the Tansy Breathe to Live Principle. Life is life, truth is truth, and putting labels on stuff may be helpful but is essentially meaningless.

Alternatively, just start from scratch, assuming you know nothing - it's liberating.

Hubbard made one early definition of Scn as "rehabilitation of judgement" and yet here we have the GAT where there are only robots and processing isn't happening in the moment.

Invent your own tech. One way to start is by identifying the most fundamental datum to life (Hubbard said you'd need two to evaluate but that's bollocks). For me, it was "the basis of aberration is a nonconfront".

Now "aberration" seems pejorative to me. In the context of Scn materials it is seen as something undesirable, something we need to get rid of. Bullshit. That viewpoint undermines a being's freedom of choice. So I change "aberration" to "automaticity". Automaticity being anything a being isn't being right here, right now through spontaneous expression of their potential (I find creating my own definitions to be helpful but it can lead to problems).

So, I'm left with "the basis of all automaticities is a nonconfront". That baby alone could keep me going for years in developing processes and drills. :happydance: The more I looked at it, the more I came to realise that all charge stemmed from 1. Considerations regarding separation from God, and 2. Considerations regarding power of choice. Those two lead to a shitload more ideas for living life better. Now the truth may be different for you - fine. :)

You don't need a guru. DIY! Invent your own tech.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard was right about a few things. :omg:
Well, with that many words in print who wouldn't be? A broken clock is right twice a day, even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.......yes, I have a tendency to overdo it on the metaphors, or are they similes..........:confused2:

It seems to me that life and art are essentially the same thing. Hubbard stated the importance of the viewer to be able to contribute to any work of art. But one can't contribute to the tech and I think that's why I (in modern parlance) never took ownership of it.

So, for those us who are still interested in spiritual/personal development, I invite you to create your own tech. I believe you get better and deeper cognitions this way. Take as much as you wish from established subjects - there's no problem with this if you've genuinely look at them and find elements to be true. Hubbard took his own observations of life and those of others and tried to make them proprietary. Don't fall for it.

If I observe that to feel happy in life it's important to breathe then a fully indoctrinated Tansologist might believe they were only alive because of me and my selfless work in discovering and publishing the Tansy Breathe to Live Principle. Life is life, truth is truth, and putting labels on stuff may be helpful but is essentially meaningless.

Alternatively, just start from scratch, assuming you know nothing - it's liberating.

Hubbard made one early definition of Scn as "rehabilitation of judgement" and yet here we have the GAT where there are only robots and processing isn't happening in the moment.

Invent your own tech. One way to start is by identifying the most fundamental datum to life (Hubbard said you'd need two to evaluate but that's bollocks). For me, it was "the basis of aberration is a nonconfront".

Now "aberration" seems pejorative to me. In the context of Scn materials it is seen as something undesirable, something we need to get rid of. Bullshit. That viewpoint undermines a being's freedom of choice. So I change "aberration" to "automaticity". Automaticity being anything a being isn't being right here, right now through spontaneous expression of their potential (I find creating my own definitions to be helpful but it can lead to problems).

So, I'm left with "the basis of all automaticities is a nonconfront". That baby alone could keep me going for years in developing processes and drills. :happydance: The more I looked at it, the more I came to realise that all charge stemmed from 1. Considerations regarding separation from God, and 2. Considerations regarding power of choice. Those two lead to a shitload more ideas for living life better. Now the truth may be different for you - fine. :)

You don't need a guru. DIY! Invent your own tech.

Wow Tans,

I love the way your mind works. I hope everyone reads this post and picks up on what you are saying here. It is well thought out and makes a shitload of sense. :clap:

So simple.

Why do we always need someone to hold our hand through the woods? We have the means to go the journey without a potential future meglomaniac to guide us! :whistling:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
The real tech of life is baseball. There are a thousand-a million-a trillion examples of this so I don't really need to compound them. Every roll over ground ball to second base has its story, as well as the well placed bunt, the sacrifice fly (as in the greatest of all movies, Field of Dreams) and the failure of the Cubs to win a WS since FUCKING 1908!!. But aside from that anomaly there is a beauty, a form, a symmetry that is only a perfect representation of the universe and life. Baseball is tech. I love baseball and I hope you'll love it, too. Please feel free to ask any questions.

One interesting trivia: Who is the only major league ballplayer on a active roster both on the day Babe Ruth hit his last home run and the day Hank Aaron hit his first home run?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
The real tech of life is baseball. There are a thousand-a million-a trillion examples of this so I don't really need to compound them. Every roll over ground ball to second base has its story, as well as the well placed bunt, the sacrifice fly (as in the greatest of all movies, Field of Dreams) and the failure of the Cubs to win a WS since FUCKING 1908!!. But aside from that anomaly there is a beauty, a form, a symmetry that is only a perfect representation of the universe and life. Baseball is tech. I love baseball and I hope you'll love it, too. Please feel free to ask any questions.

One interesting trivia: Who is the only major league ballplayer on a active roster both on the day Babe Ruth hit his last home run and the day Hank Aaron hit his first home run?

There's a beautiful episode of the X-Files where a shape-shifting alien refuses to leave Earth because he just loves to play baseball. I found it really moving. All we need to do in life is express our true selves.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's a beautiful episode of the X-Files where a shape-shifting alien refuses to leave Earth because he just loves to play baseball. I found it really moving. All we need to do in life is express our true selves.

Yes, and learn to hit the curve ball.

I'm partial to reversals.

E.g. "you are NOT YOUR FUCKING THETAN! you are your body."

You do not live forever!!! When you die that is IT!

You have never lived before this lifetime!

All men are not basically good!

Absolute heresy even for some who are totally not scios anymore.

Then there are the substition processes
ref: Degraded being technical letter,
Date Now.

E.g.
Everywhere you see the word 'thetan/being/spiritual being' you delete
it and put in it's place 'person'.

It is sometimes called the 'Beam me down Scotty' process because it is to bring people back to earth.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I experinece something really peculiar with baseball movies! - See, I don't have a clue about what the game is about. I am oblivious of why they run or why they hit a ball with a bat. I can see boy being so very proud of wearing a large mitten. That's endearing.. There was one movie with Robert Redford in it. It was good, even while I didn't have a clue. I could observe when the guys at one team hopped and danced. And Robert Redford came out as the winner with a smile after so much hardship. And 10.000 people on a stadium cheered.

Hmm.. I had a freind with me once, to a gliding contest. He thought that the planes coming home fast on final glide was cool... Whoooosh! over our heads and then coming round to land. But those coming home first was not the winners neccesarily. Even the guy coming home in best time, was not necessarily the winner. His target photos needed to be developed and verified first. In the evening we knew who the winner was.

My freind thought that this was rather dull. Standing a whole day, listening to the occasional terse radio calls and not seeing the planes much. They were hundreds of miles away most of the time.

Gliding is no spectator sport..

Tans! Your opening post rocks! - I get that much better than baseball! :D

Then there are the substition processes
ref: Degraded being technical letter,
Date Now.

E.g.
Everywhere you see the word 'thetan/being/spiritual being' you delete
it and put in it's place 'person'.

It is sometimes called the 'Beam me down Scotty' process because it is to bring people back to earth.
You know.. This may really work! - I'm tempted to remind everyone that a thetan is a most useful Voodoo doll.. (to Hubbard and Miscavige.)

:yes:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Well I'd look foolish if I said we didn't. :unsure: :D

She states to her self "OMG....another perfectly wonderful thread getting drenched with testosterone!" :ohmy:

I can play that game:

Ballerinas! Ballet is the never ending dance.....a oneness in step with the universe.

Mascara....a very profound substance, which darkens the edges of the visible world with little black specks of nothingness.

Softball is like..... well the path to righteousness......ya know hitting the ball and all.......homeruns and tag your it!

Pantyhose are like the elastic strings of cosmos that snap us back to earth....

Okay.....okay!

I feel all better now. :yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
She states to her self "OMG....another perfectly wonderful thread getting drenched with testosterone!" :ohmy:

<snip>

Okay.....okay!

Pantyhose are an aestetic atrocity! - Makes women look like an inflatable lolita! - And suspenders are better at snapping you back to earth anyway.

And then there's the abysmal logic vortex!

:hysterical:

Tanstaafl

Crusader

I can play that game:

Ballerinas! Ballet is the never ending dance.....a oneness in step with the universe.

Mascara....a very profound substance, which darkens the edges of the visible world with little black specks of nothingness.

Softball is like..... well the path to righteousness......ya know hitting the ball and all.......homeruns and tag your it!

Okay.....okay!

I have no idea what this post means but I thinks it's wonderful! :thumbsup:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm partial to reversals.

E.g. "you are NOT YOUR FUCKING THETAN! you are your body."

You do not live forever!!! When you die that is IT!

You have never lived before this lifetime!

All men are not basically good!

LOL I enjoyed these. It reminds me of the last pages of Luke Rhinehart's account of the est training he attended, where the trainer tells the group that they are all machines and there's never going to be anything else. Not only Rhinehart but most if not all of the group experienced a huge "high" from that (Scns would call it a "key out").

I'd love to find that book (the book of est) again but I've had a look on Amazon and it costs a shedload of money.

I studied est before I studied Scn, and I think Erhard had some but probably not all of the truth.

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Americans and baseball humph.
Tansy's thread has real possibilities. It is unfortunate that it got hijacked so early with discussions concerning baseball.
I feel obliged to stake a case for a much deeper philosophical pursuit. The game of cricket.
For unaware foreigners, here is an excellent basic description:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Its not hard.

For more relevant information, Google Bradman.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Americans and baseball humph.
Tansy's thread has real possibilities. It is unfortunate that it got hijacked so early with discussions concerning baseball.
I feel obliged to stake a case for a much deeper philosophical pursuit. The game of cricket.
For unaware foreigners, here is an excellent basic description:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Its not hard.

I love that cricket piece! Sadly it all makes perfect sense :)

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Well, anyone who doesn't have a full grasp of the great sport that is cricket, after reading that, is a bit of a thickie IMO. :yes:

I had a three wicket maiden in a school game once. The wicket sloped down so badly that that all my short deliveries became yorkers or low beamers! :duh: IIRC one ball took off a bail without bouncing. Happy days! :happydance:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, anyone who doesn't have a full grasp of the great sport that is cricket, after reading that, is a bit of a thickie IMO. :yes:
Why! Thank's! - I feel like I'm in the movie Jaws.. Floating on the high seas while being swollowed up into the great abysmal logic vortex!

I can understand soccer though. You cold solve that by giving them a ball each! - Can Cricket be solved that way too?

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

There's a typo in the first part of that sentence above. :). I would guess it should say "...all the men are out".

It is interesting to compare Bradman's stats with everyone else before and since and see how very much better he was than anyone else. Quite remarkable. It's like running the 100 metres in 6 seconds in 1930 and no-one else has got under 9 yet.

Paul

Div6

Crusader
LOL I enjoyed these. It reminds me of the last pages of Luke Rhinehart's account of the est training he attended, where the trainer tells the group that they are all machines and there's never going to be anything else. Not only Rhinehart but most if not all of the group experienced a huge "high" from that (Scns would call it a "key out").

I'd love to find that book (the book of est) again but I've had a look on Amazon and it costs a shedload of money.

I studied est before I studied Scn, and I think Erhard had some but probably not all of the truth.

Erhard was a scngst before he started EST.....he was onlines in SF before he went off to start his own thing....that is why EST was on the list of over 9000 suppressive groups that used to be available in HCO....