What's new

Is Dan Sherman (Ron's event biograph) GAY?

knn

Patron Meritorious
Does anyone have information whether Dan Sherman (= the guy who presents LRH's bio at events) is gay?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
No, he's not.

Danny and I were friends when I was in.

He was happily married to a woman who I believe was from another country and had a foreign sounding name ("Kosimo" maybe?).

He really was a nice guy. Very funny and very smart. He was a fiction writer (guess he still is :eyeroll:). I actually picked up a copy of a book he wrote a few weeks ago at a thrift store.

The way he comes off at these events is nothing at all like the way he is. (Or was, anyway. It's been a long time.)

He did not want the job of writing that bio. It was pretty much forced on him. From what I recall, he was assured it was a temporary gig until they could get an SO writer/writers in the position.

That never happened.

So, I guess he pretty much got stuck with it.

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
I knew Dan Sherman in the mid 1980's. He was married to a French Canadian woman named Manot. He had a great sense of humor and was fun to be around. However, I find his LRH bio presentations incredibly boring and way too long. I agree that the way he comes off at events is nothing like the way he actually is.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I knew Dan Sherman in the mid 1980's. He was married to a French Canadian woman named Manot. He had a great sense of humor and was fun to be around. However, I find his LRH bio presentations incredibly boring and way too long.

I always found Mike Rinder's speeches at events like watching paint dry.

But people who knew him personally said he was a great guy.

I don't think the way people talk or act on stage at these Int events have anything to do with what they are really like. They are scripted to a T, and every word they say has to be approved by DM

How natural would you be in their shoes? :eyeroll:

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Uh oh..you "missed a W/H"

There were some events where Dan appeared so Gay I thought he would burst into flames!!! My attention would become so stuck on it and I felt extremely guilty for thinking that. Personally, I could care less if someone is or not but you know what LRH says!!!

And I thought I was the ONLY one who noticed!!! He also seemed like a nice guy. This "bio" must be a big load of crap because we have been seeing presentations on it for how many years now????

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, he's not.

Danny and I were friends when I was in.

He was happily married to a woman who I believe was from another country and had a foreign sounding name ("Kosimo" maybe?).

He really was a nice guy. Very funny and very smart. He was a fiction writer (guess he still is :eyeroll:). I actually picked up a copy of a book he wrote a few weeks ago at a thrift store.

The way he comes off at these events is nothing at all like the way he is. (Or was, anyway. It's been a long time.)

He did not want the job of writing that bio. It was pretty much forced on him. From what I recall, he was assured it was a temporary gig until they could get an SO writer/writers in the position.

That never happened.

So, I guess he pretty much got stuck with it.

Could you answer a few questions? Who forced him and who is this guy who just poped up one day? Is he really a Scientologist?

Thanks for any info you might give me on this.:D

TP

Dan Sherman was in fact married. Though his wife was Dave Miscavige's worst nightmare. She was always on Dan's case about being at the Int Base so much and not at home with her. Dan Sherman could easily spend months at the base full time getting ready for an Int Event. Finally, Dave demanded the Dan's wife get sorted out. She was starting to distract Dan from working for Dave full time. After many months of trying to convince Dan that his wife was an SP, she eventually got cancer and ended up dying. Dan was devastated.

Dave Miscavige said it was the "best thing to happen to Dan!" "Finally that SP bitch was off his lines." As a "get well" present, Dave Miscavige had a house on Sublet Road fully renovated and given to Danny Sherman so he could now live at the Int Base and be there full time. It is now called the "Writer house" or "LRH biographer house" and it easily spotted as it is the best looking house on Sublet road.

So in terms of Dan Sherman being gay, as far as I know, he is not. Many of us Int Base staff wondered the same thing by the way he talks. He just talks in a stereotypical way that people often associate with people that have chins that have seen more balls than Barry Bonds' bat.

Until next time...
BFG

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dan Sherman was in fact married. Though his wife was Dave Miscavige's worst nightmare. She was always on Dan's case about being at the Int Base so much and not at home with her. Dan Sherman could easily spend months at the base full time getting ready for an Int Event. Finally, Dave demanded the Dan's wife get sorted out. She was starting to distract Dan from working for Dave full time. After many months of trying to convince Dan that his wife was an SP, she eventually got cancer and ended up dying. Dan was devastated.

Dave Miscavige said it was the "best thing to happen to Dan!" "Finally that SP bitch was off his lines." As a "get well" present, Dave Miscavige had a house on Sublet Road fully renovated and given to Danny Sherman so he could now live at the Int Base and be there full time. It is now called the "Writer house" or "LRH biographer house" and it easily spotted as it is the best looking house on Sublet road.

So in terms of Dan Sherman being gay, as far as I know, he is not. Many of us Int Base staff wondered the same thing by the way he talks. He just talks in a stereotypical way that people often associate with people that have chins that have seen more balls than Barry Bonds' bat.

Until next time...
BFG

Thank you BFG:thumbsup: for this information.

So if I understand correctly he might not be gay yet he seems, to me, to be most definitly a WHORE.

Sorry, but I disliked this guy from the first minute I saw him and it wasn't because he sounded gay.

TP

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I’m so disappointed!

I was convinced by his mannerisms and overly flowery language that he was.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought that he might be, while watching videos of his presentations, all the while surrounded by ecstatic Scientologists who (apparently) had no clue. But what do I know? :confused2:

Er, not that I’m excessively interested in men who might appear that way, you understand.

[Hurriedly] Not that I’ve got anything against men (or women) who prefer companions of the same gender.

Oh hell, I’ll stop digging now! :blush:

Ax

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Axiom,

What I got from the prior posts was that no one seems to know for certain if he is or not. That fact that he was at one time married really proofs nothing.Gay man get married; I known of at least a couple who have, perhaps due to society's negative views on homosexuality.

TP

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Axiom,

What I got from the prior posts was that no one seems to know for certain if he is or not. That fact that he was at one time married really proofs nothing.Gay man get married; I known of at least a couple who have, perhaps due to society's negative views on homosexuality.

TP

He's not gay.

He was my friend, and I know that.

And if you want to diss him for being connected to this fucked up project, this I can understand.

I am not happy about the fact that he sold out.

Believe me.

But this nasty "he's a faggot" undertone to this thread is not acceptable.

Period.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
He's not gay.

He was my friend, and I know that.

And if you want to diss him for being connected to this fucked up project, this I can understand.

I am not happy about the fact that he sold out.

Believe me.

But this nasty "he's a faggot" undertone to this thread is not acceptable.

Period.

I understand that he is your friend, I guess if he were my friend I'd defend him too--maybe.

To me though, he is a lying,venal and despicable human being. Scientology's own Minister of Propaganda.

TP

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did not call him a faggot, I called him a whore though more correctly, a prostitute; he does get well paid for his services,I'm sure.

TP

Wisened One

Crusader

Until next time...
BFG

Wow, how Sick and Tragic! (the part about his wife getting cancer and dying) and DM (I'm sure) being GLAD she DIED!?! :omg: :storm: