Is it wrong to feel this way..... ?

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Is it wrong that I feel quite good having delivered a blow to the enemy (but on the other side of the coin)!?

This reads a bit like a puzzle, but I hope it makes sense...

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
It happened like this... someone I am friends with on FB (Friend A) is "in" but chooses to remain friends with whomsoever they wish, regardless of Scn status. Someone else who is "in" (Friend B) and had me on their friends list noticed that Friend A had someone on their list (Friend C) who is definitely persona non-grata in the Scn field, and declared and a real no-no in Scn books. Hope you are still with me .....?

Friend B then told me I had to contact Friend A to tell them to disconnect from Friend C. Friend B said they had mentioned this to Friend A and Friend A hadn't disconnected and told me how "this was not okay". Rather than say anything to Friend A, because I disagree with Friend B, in response, I blocked Friend B altogether, and added Friend C myself. Now supposed "Friend B" will have to try to convince us both, but it will never happen.

So, blow to enemy you see.... !

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
Is it wrong that I feel quite good having delivered a blow to the enemy (but on the other side of the coin)!?

It happened like this... someone I am friends with on FB (Friend A) is "in" but chooses to remain friends with whomsoever they wish, regardless of Scn status. Someone else who is "in" (Friend B) and had me on their friends list noticed that Friend A had someone on their list (Friend C) who is definitely persona non-grata in the Scn field, and declared and a real no-no in Scn books. Hope you are still with me .....?

Friend B then told me I had to contact Friend A to tell them to disconnect from Friend C. Friend B said they had mentioned this to Friend A and Friend A hadn't disconnected and told me how "this was not okay". Rather than say anything to Friend A, because I disagree with Friend B, in response, I blocked Friend B altogether, and added Friend C myself. Now supposed "Friend B" will have to try to convince us both, but it will never happen.

You played it perfectly vumba. I would almost always recommend, if forced to make such a choice, to go with the person not demanding disconnection. If nothing else, it's highly disrespectful of anyone to presume you are incapable of choosing your own friends.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

It's too bad that your facebook experience(s) have to be that way.

(BTW, I have NO Scientologists friended on my facebook... only WOG family and WOG friends. AND I have the security settings locked down as tight as a sphincter muscle.)

Good luck! :)

Seems simpler just to have told the person to mind his own business.

Mark A. Baker

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Hahaha! Good on you! Silly, silly people ..... trying to save the world one disconnection at a time.

I know, but isn't it sad that we have to resort to this in the first place? Communication plays such a huge part (supposedly) in the Scn basic training, that I am still surprised when they go to such lengths to cut the comm. off! I would far rather have kept all my contacts and friends on my list, and I don't like to block anyone; on the other hand, neither should they be in any position to dictate to me who I should be friends with and who I shouldn't.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Seems simpler just to have told the person to mind his own business.

Mark A. Baker
I know Mark, and to a certain degree I agree with you. I think I did it just to make the point. I have tried in the past to say to these people that it is none of their business whom I choose to have as a friend and whom I don't, but as you know, they never take no for an answer. They just write up their KRs and keep on truckin' !

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
It's too bad that your facebook experience(s) have to be that way.

(BTW, I have NO Scientologists friended on my facebook... only WOG family and WOG friends. AND I have the security settings locked down as tight as a sphincter muscle.)

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your post, and your description about how tight you had closed your FB down made me giggle ! I have no issue with anyone in or out wanting to be my friend on FB; in fact, the more of people who are stil "in" who choose to be my friend the better because it means they have a way of being in touch with the outside world, and a possible means of help and support if they ever need it. Most of the people I have as friends know that I used to be involved in Scn, so I don't feel the need to exclude anyone.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think the Scientology FB police thing is hilarious, but good on you and your friend for refusing to have your friends decided by the cult.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
You played it perfectly vumba. I would almost always recommend, if forced to make such a choice, to go with the person not demanding disconnection. If nothing else, it's highly disrespectful of anyone to presume you are incapable of choosing your own friends.
Thank you, and I completely agree. They feel they have a right to dictate who we can and can't be friends with, and it is so arrogant and shortsighted of them!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know Mark, and to a certain degree I agree with you. I think I did it just to make the point. I have tried in the past to say to these people that it is none of their business whom I choose to have as a friend and whom I don't, but as you know, they never take no for an answer. They just write up their KRs and keep on truckin' !

The wacky, wacky world of Scientology! :screwy: :dizzy: :headspin:

:melodramatic:

Maybe I've just been out for too long but these things look absolutely bizarro to me. I'm sure they would have looked just as bizarro if they had happened while I was in.

You did good, Vumba. :thumbsup:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron

Or just following your heart. I prefer NOT to think in Scientological (patterned) language.

I think you did exactly right and that you should very good about being able to see that clearly.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Thanks for your post, and your description about how tight you had closed your FB down made me giggle ! I have no issue with anyone in or out wanting to be my friend on FB; in fact, the more of people who are stil "in" who choose to be my friend the better because it means they have a way of being in touch with the outside world, and a possible means of help and support if they ever need it. Most of the people I have as friends know that I used to be involved in Scn, so I don't feel the need to exclude anyone.

My main reason that I have my FB security settings locked down so much is to keep out cyber criminals and work-place rumour mongerers; not so much for Scientologists that I once knew over 30 years ago. (I've been "out" for a very long time.)

However, I still don't have any interest in the SCN SP/PTS/Disconnection drama that goes on and on and on.
And I don't know why you would either. :confused2:
:)

Last edited: