What's new

Is Mike Rinder a Trusted Source of Inside Information for Aussie Exes?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I know that he has that Aussie accent, and his hair is always combed, but I have been seeing indications here and there that Mike Rinder is a kind of "go-to" guy for the "inside skinny" about what's really going on behind the scenes with critics and the Church, etc.

Is that true?

Do the Aussie Exes on this board look up to Mike Rinder and believe what he tells them?

Why or why not should this be the case - if it is.

Let's talk about Mike Rinder and his credibility as a critic of the Church of Scientology, and as a critic of critics of the Church of Scientology.

Shall we?

Who all has spoken to Mike Rinder about other critics?

What was some of the information he gave you?

freethinker

Sponsor
OK, I'll give you my opinion.

Mike never, from what I know, volunteers or talks about the things he did while a CO$ SCientologist.

I take that back a bit, he will talk a bit of things he did only to emphasize how sick and twisted the other or others were. So he quickly directs attention off himself toward others such as Dear Leader.

When Mike is media interviewed and asked why he did things, he gives the approach of " Well yeah, but you have to understand that.... blah blah blah" and then you are focused on the others through Mikes direction because it was not really Mike after all.

Mike is a master of segue. He'll direct you off a subject smoothly and quickly without you really noticing with a quick response or answer and then quickly directs you elsewhere. He is a smooth talker and easy to listen to but watch out or watch closely.

There used to be the term "invisible TR's", Mike passed at the top of the class.
I know that he has that Aussie accent, and his hair is always combed, but I have been seeing indications here and there that Mike Rinder is a kind of "go-to" guy for the "inside skinny" about what's really going on behind the scenes with critics and the Church, etc.

Is that true?

Do the Aussie Exes on this board look up to Mike Rinder and believe what he tells them?

Why or why not should this be the case - if it is.

Let's talk about Mike Rinder and his credibility as a critic of the Church of Scientology, and as a critic of critics of the Church of Scientology.

Shall we?

Who all has spoken to Mike Rinder about other critics?

What was some of the information he gave you?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
OK, I'll give you my opinion.

Mike never, from what I know, volunteers or talks about the things he did while a CO$ SCientologist.

I take that back a bit, he will talk a bit of things he did only to emphasize how sick and twisted the other or others were. So he quickly directs attention off himself toward others such as Dear Leader.

When Mike is media interviewed and asked why he did things, he gives the approach of " Well yeah, but you have to understand that.... blah blah blah" and then you are focused on the others through Mikes direction because it was not really Mike after all.

Mike is a master of segue. He'll direct you off a subject smoothly and quickly without you really noticing with a quick response or answer and then quickly directs you elsewhere. He is a smooth talker and easy to listen to but watch out or watch closely.

There used to be the term "invisible TR's", Mike passed at the top of the class.

Interesting, FT

Do you know Mike Rinder? Have you talked to him in person, or was this on the phone, or what?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'm wondering if anyone can give me anything they have heard from Mike Rinder about any one else on the Scientology scene - besides David Miscavige.

Has anyone heard anything about any other critics, for instance, which came from Mike Rinder?

Let's examine and evaluate that data.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm wondering if anyone can give me anything they have heard from Mike Rinder about any one else on the Scientology scene - besides David Miscavige.

Has anyone heard anything about any other critics, for instance, which came from Mike Rinder?

Anyone?

When I met him, I mainly heard reminiscences and anecdotes about people he knew in the SO and other people around him were conversing on it.

So nothing meaty there, I'm afraid.

freethinker

Sponsor
I received a critique from him once on addressing an ethics situation (a declare situation actually) and he very smoothly answered with nothing but said it was well written.

I do know people who know him very well.
Interesting, FT

Do you know Mike Rinder? Have you talked to him in person, or was this on the phone, or what?

Feral

Rogue male
I run everything by Mike Rinder, ever since I was told that all my trusted sources were OSA, I verify everything I plan and hear this way now to be sure.

In all of my time in and out of the church I've found myself to be on the same page as him and he with me.

Why do you ask?

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I received a critique from him once on addressing an ethics situation (a declare situation actually) and he very smoothly answered with nothing but said it was well written.

I do know people who know him very well.

I see. Well I know he is from Australia and his family are all well known Scientologists there - is that right?

So is it safe to say that anyone who was a Scientologist in Australia kinda looks up to him as a "local boy done good" or something like that?

And so when you get out of the Church, and you find out that Rinder is out too, you kind of think: "he's just like me! I'll bet he knows the REAL scoop that exes should know about."

Or is that completely off?

I'm curious. Because the phenomenon of Mike Rinder - and he is a phenomenon in my opinion - has tentacles and roots, ramifications and consequences. I think that he has "comm lines" into the Ex community there and is working those comm lines.

That's the reason for my exploration here into the Mind of the Australian Exes with regard to Mike Rinder.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I run everything by Mike Rinder, ever since I was told my trusted sources were all OSA I verify everything I plan and hear this way to be sure.

In all of my time in and out of the church I've found myself to be on the same page as him and he with me.

Why do you ask?

:)

Nothing wrong with that. I realize that Australians can be touchy on the subject of other Australians, but I was just wanting to discuss the subject.

Is it all right to discuss the subject of Mike Rinder's dealings in the Aussie Ex community?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alanzo, WHY are you doing this? :doh:

FYI, Mike has been a help in several projects that various people have put together AFAIK but has kept a low profile on what he's done to help.

Like most Aussies, he's not a peacock demanding "recognition" for "good deeds."

He's an ex who helps other exes - as far as I'm concerned that's all that matters right now.

I'm sure you'll try to start an argument with this.:yes:

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

Anyone?

I thought you summoned a comm ev on Mike on another thread?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo, WHY are you doing this? :doh:

FYI, Mike has been a help in several projects that various people have put together AFAIK but has kept a low profile on what he's done to help.

Like most Aussies, he's not a peacock demanding "recognition" for "good deeds."

He's an ex who helps other exes - as far as I'm concerned that's all that matters right now.

I'm sure you'll try to start an argument with this.:yes:

Look, I really don't want to start an argument. The last time I did that it did not work out too well for me. :)

But I do want to explore some of the ways that Mike Rinder has become a trusted guy in the Aussie community.

See, when Jesse Prince, Larry Brennan and others from Int level left the Church, they were in court cases as experts witnesses against the Church, they were publishing affidavits of criminal activity they witnessed in the Church, etc.

They were very OUT THERE and they were vocal and you knew where they stood.

But Mike Rinder? He has not acted like that. So it is very difficult for me to peg exactly where he is at.

Yes, he;'s a different person than the people I mentioned. But he is in their same situation.

A very good example is Robert Vaughn Young, a guy who was in Mike Rinder's exact shoes when he got out.

And the example of Mike Rinder does not match up at all with Robert Vaughn Young.

So this is some of my reasoning for thinking that some exploration would be in order regarding Mike Rinder and what he is up to, and what he is saying abut other critics, behind the scenes in Australia.

Now - don't get me wrong. I am not saying that any really valuable work that Rinder is doing that should be confidential should be discussed. That is not what I am saying.

But the idea that Mike Rinder might be privy to sensitive ,behind the scenes operations to handle Scientology - given the above explicit behavior in its context, raises red flags with me and I feel it is an important topic to explore.

Or at least think about.

See Scooter?

I am not attacking you. I am talking about a subject that I think is important to talk about on this message board.

Feral

Rogue male
:)

Nothing wrong with that. I realize that Australians can be touchy on the subject of other Australians, but I was just wanting to discuss the subject.

Is it all right to discuss the subject of Mike Rinder's dealings in the Aussie Ex community?

Al, your sarcasm detector should be checked every 500 crusades mate.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Al, your sarcasm detector should be checked every 500 crusades mate.

Well, like I said, the last time I started talking about things having to do with Australian Exes it didn't work out too well for me.

So I'm being extra careful - for me - and moving forward gingerly.

For me.

At least give me credit for that, will you?

Can you see why I would think this is something important to discuss?

What do you think of my comparison of Mike and his behavior since he got out to Larry Brennan's, Jesse Prince's and Robert Vaughn Young's?

Do you think that is a valid way to look at things like this?

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's not a mystery to me as to why he's "not out there", he is/was Mr OSA and for a long long time, you don't shuck that training overnight if ever. He isn't known to me personally or I to him, I only look at, his was and his is, and the only essential difference is a change of environment which includes being disconnected from his loved ones.

Is he responding greatly differently than before? I doubt it, does he wield the same big stick with the same authority and power as before? Nah he is just a ‘was’ and as far as the church is concerned irrelevant except for nuisance value.

As an Oz ex I don’t look up to him although I am short in stature so perhaps I do but that would depend upon on what step I am standing at the time.

James

He would be greatly relevant to the anti c of S movement if he told all and truthfully, but...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
It's not a mystery to me as to why he's "not out there", he is/was Mr OSA and for a long long time, you don't shuck that training overnight if ever. He isn't known to me personally or I to him, I only look at, his was and his is, and the only essential difference is a change of environment which includes being disconnected from his loved ones.

Is he responding greatly differently than before? I doubt it, does he wield the same big stick with the same authority and power as before? Nah he is just a ‘was’ and as far as the church is concerned irrelevant except for nuisance value.

As an Oz ex I don’t look up to him although I am short in stature so perhaps I do but that would depend upon on what step I am standing at the time.

James

Thanks, James.

I appreciate and respect your input. AS I DO ALL AUSSIES WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN THIS DISCUSSION.

Do you know who Robert Vaughn Young was?

Have you ever read any of the things he wrote when he got out of the Church?

Here's a link to his writings: http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/Robert_Vaughn_Young.html