What's new

Is Mike Rinder a Trusted Source of Inside Information for Aussie Exes?

TG1

Angelic Poster
But I’m not Australian.

Not that I recall.

Would you please repeat the question?

I thought so, but maybe I was mistaken.

He's sitting right there.

Oh, sorry, I meant over there.

On second thought, maybe not.

Do I need to bring my tax returns?

For which years?

I think it was Olivia Newton-John.

For the record, I am personally offended by that last question.

Before or after I dug the shallow grave?

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a colonoscopy that day.

Once. No, twice. No, only once. I think.

But I AM trying to remember!

Häagen Dasz chocolate chocolate chip.

What grassy knoll?

Some guy asked me to hold it for him while he went to the john.

What exactly do you mean by "high school education"?

I heard him say, “Mate, put some more shrimp on the barbie!"

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
But I’m not Australian.

Not that I recall.

Would you please repeat the question?

I thought so, but maybe I was mistaken.

He's sitting right there.

Oh, sorry, I meant over there.

On second thought, maybe not.

Do I need to bring my tax returns?

For which years?

I think it was Olivia Newton-John.

For the record, I am personally offended by that last question.

Before or after I dug the shallow grave?

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a colonoscopy that day.

Once. No, twice. No, only once. I think.

But I AM trying to remember!

Häagen Dasz chocolate chocolate chip.

What grassy knoll?

Some guy asked me to hold it for him while he went to the john.

What exactly do you mean by "high school education"?

I heard him say, “Mate, put some more shrimp on the barbie!"

You can participate, too, TG1.

Be sure to let me know if I get out of line.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hmphhhh!

Such a slack maintenance schedule! Well what can you expect from
one whose sarcasm detector registers Sheep!

At Feral's suggestion, I checked my sarcasm detector and found that it needed some oil. I gave it some oil and I started it back up again. It started making a loud clanking sound. So I stopped it and I checked it again, and found that there was a seriously worn-out gasket.

Man! After 1254 crusades, these things can get worn out!

So I went down to the hardware store, bought a new one and installed it.

I started it back up again, and now it's working fine. Humming like a kitty cat.

Living in the city, I'm not very mechanical. Being in marketing, when I get oil on my hands it feels "dirty" and kind of "chalky" to me. So I'm glad I was able to spot this.

Thanks for the tip, Feral. :thumbsup:

Good for at least another 500 crusades!

Last edited:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
So is it safe to say that anyone who was a Scientologist in Australia kinda looks up to him as a "local boy done good" or something like that?

And so when you get out of the Church, and you find out that Rinder is out too, you kind of think: "he's just like me! I'll bet he knows the REAL scoop that exes should know about."

Or is that completely off?

Hmm. I've known Mike for a long time, though not in the few decades I've been out. I knew his ex-wife Cathy better as I worked with her. But to answer your questions, from my POV:

(1) No, it's not safe to say that, and
(2) Yes, that's completely off. I don't think any ex, Aussie or otherwise, thinks anything like that about anything or anybody.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hmm. I've known Mike for a long time, though not in the few decades I've been out. I knew his ex-wife Cathy better as I worked with her. But to answer your questions, from my POV:

(1) No, it's not safe to say that, and
(2) Yes, that's completely off. I don't think any ex, Aussie or otherwise, thinks anything like that about anything or anybody.

All right.

But what if I told you that I have heard that Mike Rinder HAS talked about certain critics with Aussie Exes, and even told them things like "this and that guy work for OSA"?

Given the fact that Mike has been so utterly silent about the capabilities and resources that OSA uses against critics, and given the fact that his job was to destroy critics of Scientology for so many years, don't you find it astounding for him to say things like this privately and not publicy?

I mean think of the information that he has that would be useful for critics to avoid fair game, the destruction of their families, etc. and other types of things OSA can do to critics.

To find that he has not been speaking out about that publicly - and NOT letting everyone who is susceptible to their fair game be warned and appraised of OSA's capabilities - but instead Mike is quietly saying things behind the scenes about 1 or 2 people only, and only saying these things privately - with agreements to keep this info "confidential" as well.

Isn't that strange?

Shouldn't an activity like that going on behind the scenes from Mike Rinder be something that should be discussed out on the open so everyone can benefit from Mike Rinder's inside knowledge of OSA's resources and capabilities?

To protect critics?

What do you think about that idea?

Last edited:

Miss Pert

As a fellow Aussie and ex do I look up to Mike Rinder? Ummmm..... nuh!

I guess when I was in I did but probably only because it was expected of me. Now that he's out I don't really give a shit, he's just another ex, and I barely even think of him as an Aussie anymore. As with most other exes I'll read something written by them, if I find it interesting, or watch/read media pieces they're involved in designed to bring down the cult and think "good on you." However I have more respect for Aussies like Panda, Scooter, Feral, the Andersons, etc, some of them I know personally and some only from this board. I see them all doing great work in helping to stop the many abuses of the cult and, I guess, they just seem to be more like real people to me. Scooter says Mike has done quite a bit behind the scenes, he also did those TV pieces, and that's great, I hope he keeps it up. The other thing with the guys I mentioned before, especially the ones I know personally, is they just consider themselves to be your mate, no better or worse than anyone else. I get the feeling, and it's just a feeling, that Mike may not be that down to earth due to his previously held altitude within the cult, I hope I'm wrong and that he's just another regular Aussie guy. Maybe one day soon we'll find out. :confused2:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
As a fellow Aussie and ex do I look up to Mike Rinder? Ummmm..... nuh!

I guess when I was in I did but probably only because it was expected of me. Now that he's out I don't really give a shit, he's just another ex, and I barely even think of him as an Aussie anymore. As with most other exes I'll read something written by them, if I find it interesting, or watch/read media pieces they're involved in designed to bring down the cult and think "good on you." However I have more respect for Aussies like Panda, Scooter, Feral, the Andersons, etc, some of them I know personally and some only from this board. I see them all doing great work in helping to stop the many abuses of the cult and, I guess, they just seem to be more like real people to me. Scooter says Mike has done quite a bit behind the scenes, he also did those TV pieces, and that's great, I hope he keeps it up. The other thing with the guys I mentioned before, especially the ones I know personally, is they just consider themselves to be your mate, no better or worse than anyone else. I get the feeling, and it's just a feeling, that Mike may not be that down to earth due to his previously held altitude within the cult, I hope I'm wrong and that he's just another regular Aussie guy. Maybe one day soon we'll find out. :confused2:

Thanks, Miss Pert.

I have a lot of respect for Aussie exes and what they have accomplished as well.

I have *huge* respect for them.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike Rinder ~~ more

Alanzo ~~

I am a close personal friend of Mike Rinder as I am with Marty Rathbun. It helps that I have 35 years of time track with them and have experienced glimpses of their character and deeds not really seen on the web.

What I admire most about Mike Rinder was that he would not accept a pay-off from DM to keep quiet and go away. He was descended upon by 6 Church Lawyers when he was in Denver and offered high six figures. I do not guarantee this figure but it was something like $5 million.

It did not happen.
If Mike has taken the $$$ he would not be able to helping the Aussies as he is doing now.

Like my son Alexander Jentzsch ~~~ still drinking the Koolaid, unable to pry himself out of it, Mike Rinder was a 2nd generation Scientologist and in as a young teenager and did not know any other life. He was indoctrinated in that "Greatest good" theory ~~ i.e. the survival of the Church. With that held-down numerical "7" his calculations were off.

Few people have taken the numerous beatings Mike Rinder experienced from Miscavige's hand. It takes a lot of guts to leave the Sea Organization, penniless, with just the shirt on your back, no job, no pension, no 401K, zero, zilch and walk out leaving behind all family, kids and everything else. He is all too aware of everything he has done or omitted on his time track.

Demanding of Mike and Marty that they do what you want ALANZO, well ~~ you have kept going in this vein ~~~ let me tell you ~~ it ain't ever going to happen.

If it weren't for Marty and Mike, I might still be the sucker that I was, toeing the line, (seeing the outpoints but not fully connecting all the dots) contributing mega $$$$.

Their speaking out had a huge impact on my life turning it around for the better and for this, I will always be grateful.

I also know just how many Scientologists have been influenced by them ~~ they were huge Opinion Leaders within the Sea Org community. If only the CULT knew just what impact Marty and Mike have had on departures ~~ they would be astounded. Perhaps they do know !:):):):):)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike Rinder~~ addendum

When Emma had her computer confiscated in the raid and when she was taken to the Police Station~~

I instantly called Mike Rinder to see if he would be willing to help Emma, knowing how well he knew the OSA strategies and having the ability to predict the way OSA would play this to attack Emma.

Immediately Mike Rinder said I could give him telephone number to Emma with an offer to help.

He did not say
ESMB have been hostile to me.
ESMB have an ongoing campaign against me
ESMB this that and the other.

He immediately agreed to help Emma.
These things are private and I do not have the follow ups, but Emma and I talked and I sent her Rinder's contact information in case she wanted to pursue it.
I am not stating Rinder helped Emma. I am saying his willingness to help Emma was without reservation and without any malice, given the attacks he has had on ESMB.
That's the kind of thing I really respect.

This is what I mean by saying I have experienced "glimpses" of personality not seen on the web.

Alanzo ~~

I am a close personal friend of Mike Rinder as I am with Marty Rathbun. It helps that I have 35 years of time track with them and have experienced glimpses of their character and deeds not really seen on the web.

What I admire most about Mike Rinder was that he would not accept a pay-off from DM to keep quiet and go away. He was descended upon by 6 Church Lawyers when he was in Denver and offered high six figures. I do not guarantee this figure but it was something like $5 million.

It did not happen.
If Mike has taken the $$$ he would not be able to helping the Aussies as he is doing now.

Like my son Alexander Jentzsch ~~~ still drinking the Koolaid, unable to pry himself out of it, Mike Rinder was a 2nd generation Scientologist and in as a young teenager and did not know any other life. He was indoctrinated in that "Greatest good" theory ~~ i.e. the survival of the Church. With that held-down numerical "7" his calculations were off.

Few people have taken the numerous beatings Mike Rinder experienced from Miscavige's hand. It takes a lot of guts to leave the Sea Organization, penniless, with just the shirt on your back, no job, no pension, no 401K, zero, zilch and walk out leaving behind all family, kids and everything else. He is all too aware of everything he has done or omitted on his time track.

Demanding of Mike and Marty that they do what you want ALANZO, well ~~ you have kept going in this vein ~~~ let me tell you ~~ it ain't ever going to happen.

If it weren't for Marty and Mike, I might still be the sucker that I was, toeing the line, (seeing the outpoints but not fully connecting all the dots) contributing mega $$$$.

Their speaking out had a huge impact on my life turning it around for the better and for this, I will always be grateful.

I also know just how many Scientologists have been influenced by them ~~ they were huge Opinion Leaders within the Sea Org community. If only the CULT knew just what impact Marty and Mike have had on departures ~~ they would be astounded. Perhaps they do know !:):):):):)

There are a lot of people who were and are in OSA whose character and deeds are not glimpsed on the web...until someone puts a link, some documents etc, and then what is glimpsed can be quite shocking! There is a lot that will never be gilmpsed, as it was not supposed to be.

M& M are not offering glimpses. Is Rinder helping the Aussies right now? So far the Auzzies don't seem able to just come out and unequivocally say that Rinder is helping them...unless I am missing something.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I have yet to see a Liability Formula write up, nor have I been asked to sign one.

What kind of "standard" is *that*?

:shrug:

Markus

Alanzo ~~

It did not happen.

Dear Karen,

my family is in contact with the cult of L. Ron Hubbard for 36 years now. I do not know Mike personally but I know what he has done to so many people. I'm in direct contact with some of them and I studied the crimes of the CoS for some years now. I know that he has not even started to say I'm sorry to most of the victims because he is still not able to see that he has done something wrong. Please tell me where he has started to take resposibility for the crimes he committed in the name of Hubbard. I had some long discussions with Marty about Scientology and Mr. Hubbard. From my perspective he can not help anybody out of this cult because he is still very deep in there. I'm not talking about the CoS with their leader DM - I'm talking about the "One and only true Hubbardian Church of Scientology" which in my opinion can be even more dangerous because this movement could help to preserve Hubbards soul hacking trap after the CoS is defeated.
Mike and Marty are no EX-Scientologists - they are the one and only true Scientologists - and this is what I find very dangerous.
In my opinion they could do much more to bring the CoS down right away but for some strange reason they don't. I'm in direct contact with some people who know what they (Marty and Mike) must know - so as long as I can't see true efforts of them to bring all the crimes to the light I must say that they are still caught in Hubbards trap just as David Miscavige and his followers are.

I hope one day you will be reunited with your son. In my opinion this day could already be here if Mike and Marty would have done everything they could do in order to bring all the crimes in the name of Hubbard to the daylight. In my opinion they are fooling you.

Love

Markus

G

Gottabrain

Do I count as an Aussie ex? I've lived here for 10 yrs although I was staff in PAC when I was in. I protest with the Aussies and have interviewed with Aus media. Hope that counts (??)

When Mike Rinder gave his interview with the Aus media here, it was undoubtedly sincere. That was my first inkling that he had started to come around.

The second tip to me was when he cut Marty Rathbun off in a fishing vid when Marty went off about galactic this and that and implants. Was funny. :D

Mike Rinder hasn't proven himself yet, but I am hopeful and probably a number of Aussies are hopeful that he will eventually recover and provide us with the info we greatly need. Most of us probably see him as still recovering so not entirely trustworthy just yet due to his tight relationship with Marty. But the potential is there.

Mike Rinder is a quiet person by nature. I knew him somewhat at PAC. There is also a loyalty between Australians that one has to live and experience to understand. Unless Mike does something to particularly hurt the Australian cause, you are unlikely to find an ex here attacking him. It's the "fair go" policy. The way I see it, they (we) are giving Mike some time and space to reveal what he can and must. They are giving him a fair go because he is an Aussie and he understands this as well. These are the sort of things that are done in Australia without having to be said out loud.

Markus

When Emma had her computer confiscated in the raid and when she was taken to the Police Station~~

I instantly called Mike Rinder to see if he would be willing to help Emma, knowing how well he knew the OSA strategies and having the ability to predict the way OSA would play this to attack Emma.

Immediately Mike Rinder said I could give him telephone number to Emma with an offer to help.

He did not say
ESMB have been hostile to me.
ESMB have an ongoing campaign against me
ESMB this that and the other.

He immediately agreed to help Emma.
These things are private and I do not have the follow ups, but Emma and I talked and I sent her Rinder's contact information in case she wanted to pursue it.
I am not stating Rinder helped Emma. I am saying his willingness to help Emma was without reservation and without any malice, given the attacks he has had on ESMB.
That's the kind of thing I really respect.

This is what I mean by saying I have experienced "glimpses" of personality not seen on the web.

Karen,

ESMB is no group like the CoS or the "Cult of true Hubbardian Scientologists".
Here are people with many different opinions - so if you say that "ESMB is hostile to Mike" is not quite right in my opinion.
I do not agree with what Mike is doing and I'm posting this opinion here - I'm doing this because from what I have observed Mike is still trapped by Hubbard and is not able to lead a free life. So you may say I'm hostile to Mike - in my world I try to help him to break free from Hubbards "Soul Hacking" because I have seen in my life how Hubbards brainwashing can harm people and destroy families and the life of countless innocent people.

Much love
Markus

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've spoken to Mike Rinder who has definitely offered his help in my fighting this legal battle. I'm not going to disclose any of our conversation because I don't want to offer any info to OSA.

On the other hand, I gave Mike little to no information about the intricacies of my case and he didn't ask.