What's new

Is Mike Rinder a Trusted Source of Inside Information for Aussie Exes?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Right we owe Emma a lot - I thanked her many times for what she has done.
But what would this board be without all the members?

Love
Markus

That doesn't excuse anyone who constantly puts her in a position where she feels she has to defend herself. She doesn't deserve people constantly criticizing how she treats people, what rules she makes, who she bans and why, how she does things. She doesn't owe that to anyone. It's HER board.

If there is ANYONE who deserves respect it's HER.

I just get really fed up with it. If I were her I would have shut this board down a long time ago.

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Blah, blah, blah...try telling that to the Grand Jury.

There is such a thing as justice.

Not what Hubbard or scientology or you call justice. But there is such a thing as justice, and civilization has been on a quest for it since Plato and before.

Whatever can be said about Rin and Rat, it is certain they are not advocates of justice.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Let me end being part of any discussion here with this great quote above.

I have enough - enough of all the excuses for the crimes that were committed in the name of L. Ron Hubbard

bye
Markus

That doesn't excuse anyone who constantly puts her in a position where she feels she has to defend herself. She doesn't deserve people constantly criticizing how she treats people, what rules she makes, who she bans and why, how she does things. She doesn't owe that to anyone. It's HER board.

If there is ANYONE who deserves respect it's HER.

I just get really fed up with it. If I were her I would have shut this board down a long time ago.
I don't get it it either, running and maintaining a board like this take a lot of time and effort, people need to just STFU and show her some respect instead of acting like a bunch of spoiled douchebags who think this board is here for them alone. If someone doesn't like the rules then they need to go find some place else to post or just SFTU and deal with it.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I appreciate this board tremendously. To the OP: how can anyone trust a reknowned liar who hasn't recanted and turned states evidence when he is the key witness that can bring the empire to it's end?

Mystic

Crusader
I appreciate this board tremendously. To the OP: how can anyone trust a reknowned liar who hasn't recanted and turned states evidence when he is the key witness that can bring the empire to it's end?

He/it, Rinder, is very much a part of that "empire".

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
And just as importantly, how can anyone think it was helpful to make the implication inherent in the original question?

We could have had a roll call of Aussie Exes and had each one say "No, Sir!/Yes, Sir!" (as the case may be) but many of us were a little too pissed about the OP and question to line up for that crap.

Go back and read the OP as if you were one of "the Aussie Exes on this Board".

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Over the years a lot of people have told me too why they left.

...excellent stuff deleted...

So Markus, while I understand your concerns, maybe you could tell me how I can "fix" this rather than just saying "something is wrong". Last year I felt that something was wrong and tried to fix it by asking people to be nicer to newbies. We all know how that ended up. I'm a bit reluctant to apply any more "fixes" to this Board. I've accepted that it will go the way it will go and there is very little I can do about it.

You are spot on emma - there is no need to "fix" anything - a message board is a message board, it's where people post stuff. Maybe those who wish to talk about other things of their mutual interest may start a newer board, things fluctuate and people come and go.

People have been "leaving" message boards since usenet first started.

And message boards can, eventually, just fade away.

markus - stop trying to make this place something it is not.

it is just a message board.

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Obviously, Alanzo thought unspecified Aussie exes were in communication and being influenced by Mike Rinder. I wish he would have simply come out and directly asked exactly what was on his mind.

What I have seen happen has been the fracturing of trust and support between the most effective critics the Church has ever had on a grassroots level. A LOT of extremely mean-spirited comments have been made, "sides" have been created.

WHO BENEFITS?

Not criticism of scientology. A lot of Emma's time wasted. Zinj's name dragged through RFW dirt. People feeling cowed about expressing themselves for fear of a possible fight with Emma or anyone on her "side". I doubt I'm the only one. Emma has NEVER given me any reason to feel that my communication was in jeopardy of being cut, but when Alanzo and Zinj were banned, I was baffled, and very alarmed.

Now, I'm not the most detail-oriented person in the world, so I missed a lot of the signs that must have gotten Zinj banned, and that made him feel something was afoot. I still can't see it.

I've been in touch with Zinj for about fifteen years through various permutations of his and my life. He has been and remains an ardent critic of the Church of Scientology and it's lieutenants. Sometimes he sees more than me, sometimes I think he sees things that are not there. But I NEVER doubted his sincere and heartfelt stance against the Church. Zinj has been a vocal supporter of ESMB until this fracas broke out. He is NOT an OSA spai. He is a genuine concerned citizen.

SOMEONE, or SOMEONES are feeding either Emma or Zinj or both of them heavy duty "intel" on each other. One or both of them are running with it, and I feel it is destroying what we have been building here.

I am not creating this, I am observing it.

The mud needs to stop being thrown in each other's faces.

For the love of our Blessed Saint Ron, let's STOP doing OSA's work for them.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
And just as importantly, how can anyone think it was helpful to make the implication inherent in the original question?

We could have had a roll call of Aussie Exes and had each one say "No, Sir!/Yes, Sir!" (as the case may be) but many of us were a little too pissed about the OP and question to line up for that crap.

Go back and read the OP as if you were one of "the Aussie Exes on this Board".

Yes, exactly.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Coolness! :thumbsup:

I must be doing something right!

:woohoo: :hifive: :bow:

Mark A. Baker

Hey Mark, I am in Escondido a few miles from you. I have a video camera with me and my husband. But he won't get involved except for filming. I will be here for the next two days and all I want to do is have you come in front of your apartmentt building and confront me face to face with all of your slander and give me the chance to respond physically. I mean, you are a guy and I am a girl, give me the chance to take you on physically and have it all filmed for ESMB? Just come on out in the open and confront me and stand behind your claims? 48 hours starting now I am here for you to defend your posts and positions.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Oracle, you do realize that you are threatening Mark in a public venue? I recommend you get some sleep, and ask yourself why this keeps happening to you. Be honest. Is the environment just randomly throwing people at you with these accusations, or might it be possible that you are doing something over and over that causes these reactions?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
My wife's friend's mum has a very wise saying:

"When someone shows you their true colours, believe them."

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Mark, I am in Escondido a few miles from you. I have a video camera with me and my husband. But he won't get involved except for filming. I will be here for the next two days and all I want to do is have you come in front of your apartmentt building and confront me face to face with all of your slander and give me the chance to respond physically. I mean, you are a guy and I am a girl, give me the chance to take you on physically and have it all filmed for ESMB? Just come on out in the open and confront me and stand behind your claims? 48 hours starting now I am here for you to defend your posts and positions.

Appears mental.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not here very much lately, but in my opinion everyone should get off of Emma's back. This is her board, she puts a huge amount of work into it and we all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her.

She doesn't owe anyone anything. The owing goes the other way, IMO.

My thoughts exactly. You think you can do better? Nobody's stopping you.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I'd like to ridicule this whole thing, as in: Oracle says, "Come outside and fight me! My husband will film us." And then they will both go home to watch the video together and ... do what?

However, it's more serious than that. Oracle, Uniquemand is right. You have threatened Mark with physical assault.

You should retract your threat and apologize publicly to Mark.

Mark, be careful.

TG1

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
I'd like to ridicule this whole thing, as in: Oracle says, "Come outside and fight me! My husband will film us." And then they will both go home to watch the video together and ... do what?

However, it's more serious than that. Oracle, Uniquemand is right. You have threatened Mark with physical assault.

You should retract your threat and apologize publicly to Mark.

Mark, be careful.

TG1

Hmm.
lets_do_it_wild.gif
:confused2:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oracle ,

there is good in you ,

take some time out and just think about what your doing

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Obviously, Alanzo thought unspecified Aussie exes were in communication and being influenced by Mike Rinder. I wish he would have simply come out and directly asked exactly what was on his mind.

What I have seen happen has been the fracturing of trust and support between the most effective critics the Church has ever had on a grassroots level. A LOT of extremely mean-spirited comments have been made, "sides" have been created.

WHO BENEFITS?

Not criticism of scientology. A lot of Emma's time wasted. Zinj's name dragged through RFW dirt. People feeling cowed about expressing themselves for fear of a possible fight with Emma or anyone on her "side". I doubt I'm the only one. Emma has NEVER given me any reason to feel that my communication was in jeopardy of being cut, but when Alanzo and Zinj were banned, I was baffled, and very alarmed.

Now, I'm not the most detail-oriented person in the world, so I missed a lot of the signs that must have gotten Zinj banned, and that made him feel something was afoot. I still can't see it.

I've been in touch with Zinj for about fifteen years through various permutations of his and my life. He has been and remains an ardent critic of the Church of Scientology and it's lieutenants. Sometimes he sees more than me, sometimes I think he sees things that are not there. But I NEVER doubted his sincere and heartfelt stance against the Church. Zinj has been a vocal supporter of ESMB until this fracas broke out. He is NOT an OSA spai. He is a genuine concerned citizen.

SOMEONE, or SOMEONES are feeding either Emma or Zinj or both of them heavy duty "intel" on each other. One or both of them are running with it, and I feel it is destroying what we have been building here.

I am not creating this, I am observing it.

The mud needs to stop being thrown in each other's faces.

For the love of our Blessed Saint Ron, let's STOP doing OSA's work for them.

While I agree with most of what you are saying, one thing that I think is destructive IMHO is the "who's the spy?" question. It just makes people look at each other suspiciously. I don't know who or if anybody is doing anything. I think Mick Wenlock was spot on but I don't know all the facts.

As for Emma and Zinj, maybe they just got sick of each other? That's what it seems like to me and that's only happened about a trillion times before in the history of the human race.

Anyway I thought I would relay this story that I mentioned in chat last night as it seems very familiar in theme. My father took me to visit an artist friend of his when he lived in NYC in the 80's. They had been friends for years. At some point the conversation went to "weird things" going on and my dad's friend was convinced the IRA was behind it. That was in their heyday and evidently she felt she had done something to cross them. I guess my dad had heard this enough times and lost it. And I watched in shock as 2 people who had been friends for so long argued to the point where they were no longer friends.

What's the moral of the story? I'm not sure. One person had the viewpoint that anything odd that happened was because of a spy organization up to no good, the other didn't believe it, was sick of hearing it and said enough!

I guess it comes down to if you have that big of a difference of opinion with somebody you'd better agree to disagree because if i keeps getting brought up things could implode. As I said before it wouldn't be the first time but that itself isn't the end of the world.

But as I write this one other thing comes to mind. Hubbard said the cause of disagreements could be traced back to a 3rd party. It seems like that concept could still be looming in the background based on what some people have said here. Was he right or wrong? Or neither?