What's new

Is OSA ANZO Insane?

mate

Patron Meritorious
OSA ANZO PR is fighting an uphill battle with the Xenophon exposure of the criminality of the scientology organisation, and yet OSA ANZO PR has one it front groups, Youth for Human Rights, infiltrating primary schools in New South Wales during this major flap.

The Sunday Telegraph

Scientology Targets Young Kids

November 22, 2009 12:00AM

THE NSW Government has warned principals about a Church of Scientology attempt to infiltrate primary schools with propaganda videos and booklets aimed at Year 6 students.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned an organisation called Youth for Human Rights, which is sponsored by the controversial group, sent an educational DVD about human rights to schools last month.
Titled Youth for Human Rights - 30 Rights, 30 Ads, it is a series of public service announcements concerning each article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

But the misleading cover letter does not acknowledge the relationship between the organisation and the church.
The sole indicator that the DVD is linked to the Church of Scientology is an L. Ron Hubbard quotation printed on the back of the DVD cover that reads: "Human rights must be made a fact, not an idealistic dream - L. Ron Hubbard.''
Inside the DVD case is an educational booklet offering quotes from "famous human rights leaders''.

Hubbard heads the list, ahead of Gandhi and Martin Luther King.
Education Minister Verity Firth has warned all NSW primary schools about the DVD. Principals have been advised in a message not to distribute "the DVD and/or booklet as a marketing exercise for Year 6 students'' as the Church of Scientology is not approved to conduct any activities in NSW public schools.
"It's not appropriate for the Church of Scientology to distribute materials,'' Ms Firth said.

One primary-school principal, who did not want to be named, was outraged the group was exploiting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to promote Scientology.

"I find it very worrying that they are not identifying themselves, or the funding behind the distribution of these DVDs,'' the principal said.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon is pushing for a federal inquiry into the Church of Scientology after last week accusing it under parliamentary privilege of extortion, forced abortion, torture, perjury and financial coercion.
The organisation has denied these allegations, which Senator Bolkus said were based on evidence from former members.

Scientology spokesman Cyrus Brooks said Youth for Human Rights was sponsored by the organisation, but the DVDs were not intended to lure new members.

"There's no subliminal message; we believe educating children on their rights is for the greater good.

"If you all of a sudden want to become a Scientologist by watching the DVD, that's good, but many members of Youth for Human Rights aren't Scientologists themselves, and I'm fine with that,'' he said.

Mr Brooks said the group usually declared its relationship with organisations, but in this case Youth for Human Rights had requested that the acknowledgement be left out.

"The point isn't to advertise the church; that might distract from the message,'' he said.

Anti-Scientology activist John Lurincich said the Government should do more to monitor information distributed to schools.
"The Church of Scientology is famous for sucking people in with the human-rights line,'' he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...gets-school-kids/story-e6frewt0-1225801613371

Regards, David.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
You're right, David - they can't help loading the gun and aiming and pulling the trigger.

Then looking in astonishment at the blood, destruction and pain they've just caused themselves.:duh:

I found this article earlier this morning and replied to it.

If I weren't such a technical dinosaur, I'd have linked it here somehow.

But it is amazing that they just open up another line of attack on them.:no:

Just shows where following the Holy Writ blindly will lead you.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
They haven't realized how creepy they look. People won't like having their children's schools infiltrated. People will get angry. Footbullet.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Unbelievable !!
This is all about recruiting new fodder.
I don't know of any parent that would be happy about that. :no: :no: :no:
Typical though, cant get ém in through the front doors,
so they'll get ém in using smoke & mirrors. :omg: :omg:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
THis insidious front group is also alive and well in New Zealand. It is fronted by a scientologist, Dr Helen Smith. This in a newspaper in New Zealand called Global Peace & Justice Auckland:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO0904/S00107.htm

Friday, May 8, 7pm, St Colomba Centre, Vermont St, Ponsonby.(Doors open at 7pm and we start at 7:30pm)
YOUTH HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD: Hello, It is time for the exciting annual Youth for Human Rights Youth Awards. Please nominate any youth you know who you would like to receive an acknowledgement for their help & contributions. Open to all people under 24 yrs of age. Anyone who has been helping in the area of human rights or community related activities like Amnesty, Human Rights Film festival,community, school or university projects, United Nations Youth Association, church groups or related actions. Please email me their details before May 1st. Youth Awards will be 7pm Friday night May 8th 2009 at the St Colomba Centre, Vermont St, Ponsonby.(Doors open at 7pm and we start at 7:30pm). This is a fun night so enter as many youth as you can. Free parking on site, music, awards andentertainment with a light supper. This is our third annual youth awards and promises to be another excellent night. Kind regards, Dr Helen Smith, Director, Youth for Human Rights NZ

Here is the link to Dr Helen Smith's scn page:

http://www.oursites.org/helensmith/

She is very much a clam, and there is no mention of the fact that this is a Scientology front group in the article. Shame.

Feral

Rogue male
I just loved this part;

"There's no subliminal message; we believe educating children on their rights is for the greater good.

"If you all of a sudden want to become a Scientologist by watching the DVD, that's good, but many members of Youth for Human Rights aren't Scientologists themselves, and I'm fine with that,'' he said.

But how could that happen Cyrus if Scientology is not even mentioned?

byte301

Crusader
Yes, people who don't believe children are just thetans in small bodies tend to be very protective of their children.

Here in New Mexico the Drug Free Marshall's program tried to sneak into the Las Cruces school system without letting on they were a scilon front group. They failed to take the scientology label off the back of the little badges they hand out to the kids.

They were sooo busted. Then they were booted out by a totally pissed off Mayor of the city.:yes:

randomx

Patron with Honors
New Zealand

This story just ran on the news at a local Auckland ,NZ radio.

Scientology`s image is so bad these days that soon
they will, by their own PR tech, have to start accusing
their enemies of being scientologists.

Good twin

Floater
Not long before I left the cult there was a "hat write up" on how to get Stress Tests set up at WalMart. As most of you know the stress test is a method of using the emeter to sell the Dianetics book.

I had used stress test booths a few times but getting a good location with lots of body traffic was tough. Being able to set these up at a WalMart entrance was ideal.

Turned out the hat write up said to get with the decision maker (manager or other authority figure) to okay it and have them give you written permission to set up your booth. It's done all the time for Girl Scouts and other nonprofit Organizations to sell cookies or hot dogs or whatever. So far so good.

But.....instead of telling the manager that we were from the scam cult of Scientology we told them that we were from The Way to Happiness foundation and were raising money to assist with a campaign to get young people off drugs. We never mentioned Dianetics or Scientology while obtaining permission to set up our stress tests.

Once we had permission we set up our stress test with our meter and sold DMSMH. We weren't given permission again.

:duh:

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
It's a gradient.

First into the trap; then the cheese

Zinj

You know as we move onto to the 21st century, the whole excuse of "well we aren;t recruiting, but we're getting our message out" which might have worked 20 years ago is being met with a raised eye brow.

Which I think is an awesome thing. Peoples bullshit monitors are no longer pacifist.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just love the picture in that ABC article - the front of the Sydney org building with faded graffiti, peeling paint and "Church of Scientology.":yes:

Says a lot abut the current and future status of the "world's most expandingest religion.":D

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
The Youth for Human Rights website says, "a generous grant from the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) has enabled us to produce and distribute with no cost the ... educational DVDs and materials, which teach youth the Universal Declaration of Human Rights."

Yeah. Made by slaves at Gold working all nighters to get these out and actually cost you next to nothing. Tell the truth you scum bags.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Posted by Feral
I just loved this part;

"There's no subliminal message; we believe educating children on their rights is for the greater good. "If you all of a sudden want to become a Scientologist by watching the DVD, that's good, but many members of Youth for Human Rights aren't Scientologists themselves, and I'm fine with that,'' he said.

But how could that happen Cyrus if Scientology is not even mentioned?

Uhhhh, didn't you ever read what Ron said about knowingness? Jeez!

No one has to mention Scn. That's a via and Q & A.

The 6th graders just directly spot Source and cog that their purpose is to get in ethics on earth and then help Ron salvage this sector?

mate

Patron Meritorious
There is even more to the recruiting and funding of the Youth for Human Rights, as can be seen in the 2007 report by the Sydney Morning Herald.

Sydney Morning Herald

March 28, 2007

Unwitting High-Schoolers Lured to Forum

Anna Patty Education Editor

A HUMAN rights youth forum at Parliament House in Sydney promoted the views of the Scientology founder, L. Ron Hubbard, and was organised by a group linked to the Church of Scientology.

In a kit given to students, Hubbard's photograph was more prominent than those of the human rights activists Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and Thomas Jefferson. Hubbard's quotes were littered through the material.

The Church of Scientology is the major sponsor of Youth for Human Rights Australia, the group that organised the youth seminar on March 20 in the NSW Parliament Theatrette.

Three students from Canterbury Girls High School were in the audience. Each felt concerned at overt references to Scientology.

Alice Craven, 17, the school captain at Canterbury Girls, said she felt exploited because the forum's link to the Church of Scientology was not disclosed in promotional material sent to teachers and students.

"I feel exploited and taken advantage of and am worried other people at the event may have taken it as a serious human rights forum, when it was pushing a Scientology agenda," she said. "Alarm bells began to ring when I noticed a large poster on the stage … emblazoned with a quote from L. Ron Hubbard."

She said students were asked to sign a human rights pledge and given application forms to join the organisation at cost of $10.

The Department of Education is looking into the students' complaints.

The Liberal MP and powerbroker David Clarke, a member of the Catholic group Opus Dei, addressed the forum and secured the venue for the organisers.

Mr Clarke said he was happy to support the human rights cause and had been unaware of any strong links between the youth forum and the Church of Scientology.
"I'm a practising Catholic," he said. "There was no pushing as far as I could see of Scientology."

A spokesman for Youth for Human Rights, Nigel Mannock, said he was a Scientologist but the youth forum had promoted human rights, not Scientology.

"If there was a photograph of L. Ron Hubbard on the material it was because of what he said about human rights," Mr Mannock said.

"We do get support from the Church of Scientology, among other people, and a number of people who happen to be Scientologists are in it.

"It is not a Scientology organisation. We think L. Ron Hubbard was a good supporter of human rights."

A spokesman for the NSW Department of Education said it was disappointed that the "full nature" of the youth forum was not disclosed to students.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-scientologists/2007/03/27/1174761471748.html

David.

byte301

Crusader
This story just ran on the news at a local Auckland ,NZ radio.

Scientology`s image is so bad these days that soon
they will, by their own PR tech, have to start accusing
their enemies of being scientologists.

:hysterical: That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Oh my God!! 'They aren't supported by the C of S'. That's utter crap. The woman in charge of it in NZ is indeed a scientologist anyway .... she has one of those
pewky pages