What's new

Is Scientology Racist?

i don't find anything whatsoever in the materials that is overtly racist in any way. in fact many things ron published in scientology are distinctly non or antiracist. however the the ideas tend toward being northern european and the general climate is very caucasian

i knew a few blacks in scientology and i didn't see them (usually. one glaring exception) being treated as "house niggers" or "oreos" (black on the outside, white on the inside)

guanoloco

As-Wased
Fuck yeah it's racist! They won't hard sell the NOI. Separate rules...if not racist it's some form of prejudice.

guanoloco

As-Wased
i don't find anything whatsoever in the materials that is overtly racist in any way. in fact many things ron published in scientology are distinctly non or antiracist. however the the ideas tend toward being northern european and the general climate is very caucasian

i knew a few blacks in scientology and i didn't see them (usually. one glaring exception) being treated as "house niggers" or "oreos" (black on the outside, white on the inside)

Joburg "Confessional"

guanoloco

As-Wased
I suppose my feelings about this is that Scientology hates HUMANS. Kind of an ultimate in racism .

Scientology hates life...right down to killing it in the womb. Hell, Ron even attacked his own life with drugs and booze and cigarettes.

It hates freedom, happiness, goal achievement, families, prosperity, intelligence, health, law, order and....above all...truth.

Oh, and knowledge.

Leland

Crusader

After being around Scientology for 40 years now, in America, I saw my 4th black Scientologist last march 12th costumed in a doorman uniform , opening car doors at the entrance to Ft. Harrison. I suppose he could have been hired just for LRH birthday event.

AND.....all Scientologists use the word wog.

Scientology hates life...right down to killing it in the womb. Hell, Ron even attacked his own life with drugs and booze and cigarettes.

It hates freedom, happiness, goal achievement, families, prosperity, intelligence, health, law, order and....above all...truth.

Oh, and knowledge.

and jesus...

PTS

Elliott
I never encountered anything like racism. If you are able enough in some way to exploit that's all they need.

Racism runs counter to their theology anyway... 7th dynamic; The meat body is just a conduit for the thetan's beingness.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
LoL, of course you're right..... ! I think raw meat is introduced to "wog" on the student hat.

I suppose all SO and Scien will have to be re-educated to not use that word. It probably comes from Britian's Empire days.....and LRH picked it up while at Saint Hill. It is not a common American English word!

LRH natters about not being able to teach blacks in Rhodesia on a tape I listened to.

The term 'wog' (technically an acronym, as originally it meant "worthy oriental gentleman", disrespectfully) does indeed come from the days of the British empire. We've discussed this before. It's almost inevitable that when Blubbard was reinventing himself to match the image that Stain Hill Manor conferred, he'd start using such terms. Classic Hubbard fakery and not quite getting it right.

While Britain in the mid-20th wasn't as enlightened as today (the early immigrants from Jamaica could tell you about how they were received...) it was actually a far less racist nation than the USA. When Americam troops were building up in England prior to the invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe, British people were absolutely baffled by the notion of segregated regiments within the military, by skin colour. The military policing of US troops seemed unjust and wrongheaded among people who were fighting for democracy.

But hey-ho. What we have to remember is that poor old Ron Hubbard was the product of another era. His ideas don't work well in the 21st century. Racism of the kind he embodied is no more useful than believing homosexuality is caused by failed abortions, or that thoughts have mass.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Starting a new thread to explore the possibility that Scien is a racist group.

Is $cientology racist ????

One only has to search on web for Uncle Ron's quote about:

Black ''nigers''
Indians
Chinese ''Chinks''

Also

Wog
Women
Children
Homosexuals
Psychiatrists
cummunists

to get that $cientology is a schizophrenic paranoid cult made of LRH's mind fear of everyone and everything different than him.
It's a world of ''us against them''

But, LRh IS the Lord Buddha reincarnation , the Antechrist, The great Humanitarian, The planet savior, the sector of the galaxy keeper...!

:hysterical:

I guess what we have to grasp is that there ŵas only one valuable human on earth which is LRH
and then there is a second one Here
and a third one here

and then there is Kathy Holmes and us!
:unsure:

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
I never encountered anything like racism. If you are able enough in some way to exploit that's all they need.

Racism runs counter to their theology anyway... 7th dynamic; The meat body is just a conduit for the thetan's beingness.

i hear you. But please consider the possibility that changing a mind so that one thinks of oneself solely as a thetan, and the body as inconsequential, is therefore also a decision to give up, so to speak, one's race and cultural heritage, wither that be white, black, Asian or any other race. Edited: the word I think of to describe this is HOMONIGIZED

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
The term 'wog' (technically an acronym, as originally it meant "worthy oriental gentleman", disrespectfully) does indeed come from the days of the British empire. We've discussed this before. It's almost inevitable that when Blubbard was reinventing himself to match the image that Stain Hill Manor conferred, he'd start using such terms. Classic Hubbard fakery and not quite getting it right.

While Britain in the mid-20th wasn't as enlightened as today (the early immigrants from Jamaica could tell you about how they were received...) it was actually a far less racist nation than the USA. When Americam troops were building up in England prior to the invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe, British people were absolutely baffled by the notion of segregated regiments within the military, by skin colour. The military policing of US troops seemed unjust and wrongheaded among people who were fighting for democracy.

But hey-ho. What we have to remember is that poor old Ron Hubbard was the product of another era. His ideas don't work well in the 21st century. Racism of the kind he embodied is no more useful than believing homosexuality is caused by failed abortions, or that thoughts have mass.

Actually, the term 'wog' was short for golliwog, a racist term for Indians. When they later realised how disgusting this sounded, they invented the acronym as a shore story. The term for this is a backronym, ie, it didn't used to be an acronym, but one was created afterwards to explain it.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
[video=youtube;qzzPlesmnSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzPlesmnSg[/video]

Repugnant man, repugnant thoughts, repugnant words.

JB (COS = crock of... scientology)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I forgot Xenu!

Xenu has been ostracized with LRH hate
What do we really know about Xenu????

Did we ever had his ''side'' of the story???

Also why didn't LRH applied ''forgiveness'' to Xenu as he ''enlightened'' us in ''what is greatness'' :no:

:biggrin:

Someone can channel Xenu????

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
NOI has been trying to get traction in America for decades. It certainly is FAR from mainstream Black religiosity.

The cult of Scientology and the cult of NOI both have been on parallel dwindling spirals.

We have here two flailing cults on the brink of extinction as their numbers plummet.

As the COS was experiencing its massive blow-rate in the mid 2000's, so was the morbid membership of the NOI.

From the 2006 article: "The Crisis in Black Leadership":

"Their membership numbers are dwindling with an estimated 20,000 people remaining in the Nation of Islam."

It has been guestimated by several well placed sources that the active COS membership in 2014 is an equally diminutive number, if not less.

Two cults in a death-spiral crisis! What to do?

ANSWER: Join forces and [STRIKE]hope[/STRIKE] pray/postulate for the best. In the meanwhile, keep building fancy orgs/mosques, lying and get out of Non-Existence with new whales asap!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
As a whole today I think it is only biased against those with no $$ & no urge to join them.

Back in the late 60s & through the 70s I was at the Richardson Texas mission when Betty F. was mission holder. She was the most racist person I had ever met at that point. She was very dignified about it, she never used the "N" word but she said it in many ways. Betty also pointed out Ron's thoughts & feelings on the subject - which was very racist.

I was always amazed that any Sciobot could hold these views, I was always amazed ANYONE could hold these views. I was raised to judge the actions & treat everyone with honor and respect.

If they treated everyone with honor & respect - they would not be in business because the way they stay in operation is by being a bully.

Did I just say that?!? :melodramatic: