What's new

Is Scientology Racist?

Leland

Crusader
Starting a new thread to explore the possibility that Scien is a racist group. Over my 30 years in Scientology in America, I saw 3 African Americans. None in high positions. Let's face it....Scientology is "lily white"....LoL

What about Australia? Any Aboriginals in Scien there?

What about South Africa? Any Blacks in Scien there?

What about England?

Another point..... Could this lack of racial diversity be used against Scien some way?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Starting a new thread to explore the possibility that Scien is a racist group. Over my 30 years in Scientology in America, I saw 3 African Americans. None in high positions. Let's face it....Scientology is "lily white"....LoL

What about England?

Another point..... Could this lack of racial diversity be used against Scien some way?

Or maybe black folks have a natural bullshit filter when it comes to some white guy coming along telling them he's going to solve all their problems?

Seriously, though, Ron made a lot of racist comments that the Co$ plays down. They seem to be reaching out to Asians via Taiwan, and they had a few Japanese in the old days. They have some small Jewish population, but Hispanics and Blacks are largely absent.

Hell, the term wog itself is racist, and while I use it jokingly to describe myself, anyone who used it to describe my wife or kids in my presence would get a piece of my mind. Not a nice piece, ether.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Yes, it's racist. Hubbard was a racist -- surely, a product of his era, but he also delighted in lording it over people who weren't like him.

Still, there were other African-American Scientologists than you have seen.

But ultimately, African-American and other people of African ancestry seem to have avoided the cult like a plague, since they had generations of experience being persecuted and conned by The Man ... UNTIL ...

Miscavige and Farrakhan looked at each other across a crowded room and recognized their long-long, soulmates in each other. Thus was the Scientology / NOI merger achieved.

So now Farrakhan has the best FSM commission arrangement of all time, while negotiating a volume discount on his NOI people's course fees.

Everybody wins -- Scientology is no longer lily-white, Miscavige receives revenue, Farrakhan gets greased, and more Scientologists are moving on up (the Bridge!)

TG1

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Let's face it....Scientology is "lily white"....LoL

Hubbard was racist, and here's a thread with plenty of information backing that up:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5114-WAS-HUBBARD-A-RACIST&highlight=racist

Your statement though that "Scientology is lily white" might have been true at one time but not so much anymore, particularly since the merger between CoS and Nation of Islam. Many threads in this list on ESMB discuss this merger over here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5114-WAS-HUBBARD-A-RACIST&highlight=racist

It's seems that these days that CoS is more of an equal opportunity cult. They're happy to take your money or your slave labor no matter what color you are.

If you wish to be exploited and abused and happen to be a minority than no worries, Scientology will accept you with open arms.

Just make sure to bring your checkbook and credit cards.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Or maybe black folks have a natural bullshit filter when it comes to some white guy coming along telling them he's going to solve all their problems?

Seriously, though, Ron made a lot of racist comments that the Co$ plays down. They seem to be reaching out to Asians via Taiwan, and they had a few Japanese in the old days. They have some small Jewish population, but Hispanics and Blacks are largely absent.

Hell, the term wog itself is racist, and while I use it jokingly to describe myself, anyone who used it to describe my wife or kids in my presence would get a piece of my mind. Not a nice piece, ether.

LoL, of course you're right..... ! I think raw meat is introduced to "wog" on the student hat.

I suppose all SO and Scien will have to be re-educated to not use that word. It probably comes from Britian's Empire days.....and LRH picked it up while at Saint Hill. It is not a common American English word!

LRH natters about not being able to teach blacks in Rhodesia on a tape I listened to.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

What about England?

Scn has many, many faults, but racism in UK Orgs, no. In London there were plenty of Jewish staff and some black and mixed staff, the public were typical Londoners, very mixed, and the staff less so. Culturally Asian people for instance have their parents guiding them very firmly, they might not arrange marriages as much as they did, but they do have the last say, people don't just tell their parents that they've dropped out of medical school or decided that joining a pseudo religion might be a good idea.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

In my experience with Scientologists, I have observed that they love all races equally--with the lone exception of one ethnicity against whom they evidence extreme prejudice and scorn:

Homo Humiliatusque

Impoverished humans.

Leland

Crusader
Hubbard was racist, and here's a thread with plenty of information backing that up:

Your statement though that "Scientology is lily white" might have been true at one time but not so much anymore, particularly since the merger between CoS and Nation of Islam. Many threads in this list on ESMB discuss this merger:

It's seems that these days that CoS is more of an equal opportunity cult. They're happy to take your money or your slave labor no matter what color you are.

If you wish to be exploited and abused and happen to be a minority than no worries, Scientology will accept you with open arms.

Just make sure to bring your checkbook and credit cards.

Thank you. Yes good thread about LRH as a racist! AND since that was the case....Scientology "scripture" is racist....and new Scientology pick up or have enforced racist ideas from studying Scien.

I'll have to read up on this new liaison between NOI, Farrikan and Scien. I do know a bit about NOI as an American movement to guide black Americans. My gut reaction is it won't fly. And will backfire!

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
LoL, of course you're right..... ! I think raw meat is introduced to "wog" on the student hat.

I suppose all SO and Scien will have to be re-educated to not use that word. It probably comes from Britian's Empire days.....and LRH picked it up while at Saint Hill. It is not a common American English word!

LRH natters about not being able to teach blacks in Rhodesia on a tape I listened to.

US Naval and USMC personnel also picked it up in the Pacific theater from UK and Australian personnel. It was also in use among the American expats in Shanghai when Tubs went to visit his father back in the 20s. Tubs's use of the term may go all the way back to his childhood.

Leland

Crusader

In my experience with Scientologists, I have observed that they love all races equally--with the lone exception of one ethnicity against whom they evidence extreme prejudice and scorn:

Homo Humiliatusque

Impoverished humans.

Then why import all these Eastern Europeans to work at flag! Lol but get the joke.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

cough... NOI cough...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank you. Yes good thread about LRH as a racist! AND since that was the case....Scientology "scripture" is racist....and new Scientology pick up or have enforced racist ideas from studying Scien.

I'll have to read up on this new liaison between NOI, Farrikan and Scien. I do know a bit about NOI as an American movement to guide black Americans. My gut reaction is it won't fly. And will backfire!

If you meant to say above "...and new Scientologists pick up or have enforced racist ideas from studying Scien.", than I would disagree with that.

Yes, Hubbard was racist, but my experience while in during the 80's working on staff in various parts of the country (Boston, LA, and Clearwater) was that the staff themselves were not at all racist.

It's true that at Boston Org during the 80's we had very few Blacks on staff or as public compared with the demographics of the community that we were located in, but it wasn't that we weren't trying to recruit them or reg them, or in any way had racist attitudes.

I suspect that there is some truth in what Udarnik (and TG1) said above, whether he said it jokingly or otherwise:

Some years ago I discussed this issue at length with a black woman, and very close friend, who lost her boyfriend to the CoS, and she did believe that Black's were less susceptible (to Scientology specifically), due to their cultural influences.

But with those coming over from the NOI it's a different story. They've already gotten recruited into one cult and their leader was the one sending them over to CoS, so they were pretty much easy pickins.

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, it's racist. Hubbard was a racist -- surely, a product of his era, but he also delighted in lording it over people who weren't like him.

Still, there were other African-American Scientologists than you have seen.

But ultimately, African-American and other people of African ancestry seem to have avoided the cult like a plague, since they had generations of experience being persecuted and conned by The Man ... UNTIL ...

Miscavige and Farrakhan looked at each other across a crowded room and recognized their long-long, soulmates in each other. Thus was the Scientology / NOI merger achieved.

So now Farrakhan has the best FSM commission arrangement of all time, while negotiating a volume discount on his NOI people's course fees.

Everybody wins -- Scientology is no longer lily-white, Miscavige receives revenue, Farrakhan gets greased, and more Scientologists are moving on up (the Bridge!)

TG1

True, all!

But, I am still waiting to see what happens when NOI members start getting up to OT III. Or, do both cults hold the line at "Clear" and the COS refuses to r-factor NOI Clears that they are at grave risk if they don't get through the Non-Interference Zone?

The stupidity of ecstatic NOI Clears talking to neurotic Scientology Clears (who are caved in because they "urgently need to get through OT III before it's too late and they lose their eternity") is rich beyond description.

Must be one of those confidential LRH advices where he discovered that black folk don't have BTs? LOL

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
True, all!

But, I am still waiting to see what happens when NOI members start getting up to OT III. Or, do both cults hold the line at "Clear" and the COS refuses to r-factor NOI Clears that they are at grave risk if they don't get through the Non-Interference Zone?

The stupidity of ecstatic NOI Clears talking to neurotic Scientology Clears (who are caved in because they "urgently need to get through OT III before it's too late and they lose their eternity") is rich beyond description.

Must be one of those confidential LRH advices where he discovered that black folk don't have BTs? LOL

Regarding the NOI, there seems to be something "separate but equal" going on, which is itself a form of racism, no?

HelluvaHoax!

--snipped--

But with those coming over from the NOI it's a different story. They've already gotten recruited into one cult and their leader was the one sending them over to CoS, so they were pretty much easy pickins.

Someone who is in both cults (NOI and COS) is double-dumb.

When they blow, they get two freeloader bills, two groups disconnecting them and two sets of head-cam visitors.

If they survive through all that, then they still have to try to somehow make it through the gauntlet of both ESMB and ENOIMB. lol

Leland

Crusader
I suppose my feelings about this is that Scientology hates HUMANS. Kind of an ultimate in racism .

HelluvaHoax!

Regarding the NOI, there seems to be something "separate but equal" going on, which is itself a form of racism, no?

Which is worse? Being a slave or simultaneously being in 2 sociopathic mind-control cults?

I say the latter. Because in the former when they set you free you don't voluntarily remain in slavery on the plantation for a billion years.

Terril park

Sponsor
Scn has many, many faults, but racism in UK Orgs, no. In London there were plenty of Jewish staff and some black and mixed staff, the public were typical Londoners, very mixed, and the staff less so. Culturally Asian people for instance have their parents guiding them very firmly, they might not arrange marriages as much as they did, but they do have the last say, people don't just tell their parents that they've dropped out of medical school or decided that joining a pseudo religion might be a good idea.

This is true.

Leland

Crusader
Which is worse? Being a slave or simultaneously being in 2 sociopathic mind-control cults?

I say the latter. Because in the former when they set you free you don't voluntarily remain in slavery on the plantation for a billion years.

NOI has been trying to get traction in America for decades. It certainly is FAR from mainstream Black religiosity.