ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Is the Australian Federal Government helping to pay for Ascot Vale?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mate, Dec 3, 2009.

1. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/me...l-stimulus-money/story-e6frf7jo-1225806364542

It has been estimated that the school’s current enrolment is somewhere between 17 and 30 pupils.

As stated elsewhere, a mortgage was taken out by the board of the school for some $1,000,000 which was given to the Ideal Org Fund in Melbourne for the purchase of the Ascot Vale property. Apparently the school board had received pledges from three scientologists, who are now, no longer scientologists. While the interest rate is unknown, it is probably in the order of 8% if not greater. This means that interest payments would be accruing at something like $80,000 per annum, which is well in excess of the total fees received for the pupils, which I suspect, would be less than half this amount, which would have to cover all their running costs as well.

So where is the balance of this $80,000 coming from? They wouldn’t be using their federal aid of $340,000 over four years, surely. If they were, this would mean that the Federal Government is effectively paying for a substantial part of the Ascot Vale property for the Church of Scientology, and I don’t think that such would have been the intention of this aid.

Just a thought.

David.

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

A thought well worth investigating. :)

3. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

All the scoop on this (along with docs backing it up, which Scooter can provide), have already been forwarded to those who need the info. :)

4. Doom

Doom Lurking.

OH YEAH, more footbullets.
    [​IMG]

5. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

I said before that you are a gem and what have have achieved, was amazing. You have now surpassed that. You are, without doubt, right on top of every aspect of the whole operation. Absolutely brilliant.... and you still have time to do interviews!!! Remind me never to become an adversary or opponent. Now, if you need a personal manager ........

Regards, David.

6. Aerial

Aerial Patron with Honors

Yes, she certainly is a gem (you are too) and hats off to Scooter as well

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You people are amazing