What's new

Is the Church "reforming'? From Marty;s Blog, which is currently down

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Steve Poore . . . that name was on this email? He supposedly is out. And didn't Marty do a blog on him, or he did one himself and it was posted on Marty's blog? Anyway, I happen to know there was some bru-ha-ha fighting going on amongst Indies, though I do not know if Marty was involved or how, other than what he posted. My assumption is there has been a split. I think Steve Poore is one of the Indies who was part of all the bru-ha-ha and split off. But which way, and with whom?

:hmm: :unsure: :nervous: Curiouser and curiouser . . . . :eyeroll:

:laugh:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Steve Poore . . . that name was on this email? He supposedly is out. And didn't Marty do a blog on him, or he did one himself and it was posted on Marty's blog? Anyway, I happen to know there was some bru-ha-ha fighting going on amongst Indies, though I do not know if Marty was involved or how, other than what he posted. My assumption is there has been a split. I think Steve Poore is one of the Indies who was part of all the bru-ha-ha and split off. But which way, and with whom?

:hmm: :unsure: :nervous: Curiouser and curiouser . . . . :eyeroll:

:laugh:

Yes, Steve Poore is out and Marty did do an article on him, but for some reason I got the email after that.

All the names listed in my posts were from emails received with their name @thetaburst.org and each was a resignation letter. I am sure they were all sent out to everyone on the same list of people who received Debbie Cook's email.

Blues Mama

Patron
The Scientology Reformation.
To: All Scientologists
Info: We are launching an international Volunteer Ministers Program to work with Chaplains around the world to help all Scientologists with any matters that have caused hardship or injustice. “Something Can Be Done About It” applies equally to our Third Dynamic as it does to the Fourth. Any time invested in making us a stronger group is time well spent.
First we need to gather information of any situations so they can be addressed in a timely fashion.
Questionnaire for all Scientologists
Name:
Date:
What city you are in:
Closest Scientology Organization:
1. Have you or someone close to you experienced any injustices that you feel need to be rectified?
2. Have you or someone close to you experienced any hardship that we could help with?
3. Have you or someone close to you experienced any financial hardship as a result of regging or pressure to over-extend yourself?
4. Do you have debts beyond what you can comfortably handle?
5. Have you experienced any unpleasant Reg meetings? If so, please give specifics.
6. Have you or someone close to you experienced any hardship as a result of being pressured to disconnect from family members, friends or business associates?
7. Have you had any upset with a Scientology Organization?
8. Have you had any upset with a Management organization or RTC?
9. Have you had a less than optimum experience with a WISE arbitration?
10. Is there anything else you would like help on from the Chaplains Office?
Thank you for your time and consideration. We will do all we can to help every Scientologists to flourish and prosper and move up The Bridge.

(I posted this in the 'Top 100' thread as well, but it looks like it belongs here...)

I recieved this email on Tuesday (two days ago.) As a wog, but with a Scio boss and Scio friends who do not know my opposition to Scientology, I am really interested in figuring out who put me on the list, and why.

This is getting very intriguing. I love my Scio friends, and I know that most people who are drawn into Scientology are suckered into the cult because they are smart, good-hearted people who want to succeed in life and make the world a better place, and that's why I choose not to let them know that I know what's up. There's no gain in forcing them to disconnect from me when there is any possibility that somewhere down the line I can be in a position to help them find a way out. My boss has already graciously loaned me a copy of the Scientology Handbook, with Post-its helpfully pointing out important pages. I enjoy dropping little phrases like 'cognition', 'ethical', 'communication', 'handle', 'intention', and 'confront' very innocuously. Also 'amazing'.

Maybe I'll be getting more email from them! I've never been on their email list before, so this has to be something recent. The plot thickens!

Maybe I can create a gmail address just for them and send them back a response to their lovely letter. I would really like to find out more about what's going on with this 'reformation'.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
The thetaburst emails I received were from thetaburst.com , not thetaburst.org.
Most likely OSA now that I think about it. They traditionally scoop up domains of same names, using the .org or whatever is closed to what the enemy is using.

thetaburst.com makes hardware for scientific experiments, here is a quote from the web site.
At Theta Burst Corp., we make the NAC 2.0 neurodata acquisition system for performing experiments on brain tissue using a PC running Microsoft Windows®
So I do not understand how you got e-mail form them in relation to Scientology?

Assuming this email was sent exclusively to ex's, what exactly do we think the end-game is for whoever sent it? If it was OSA, how could they use the answers against the respondee? It isn't a secret that ex's and even those in hate the constant regging, disconnection, etc that is addressed in the email, so what do they gain from a response?

Unless it's sole purpose was to trick ex's, indies and FZ's into believing the church is actually reforming, give them false hope and deceive them into $coming back$...and I know they're idiots, but can they really, really be so stupid as to think for one second that EVERYONE wouldn't see through it? I'm not even an ex and I saw right through it. (I know, I know...you can't put anything passed them). Even if they got people back in based on this false info, do they really think someone who left the "church" would stick around for the inevitable ethics handling they're bound to receive? Or give more money when they know, categorically, it's a scam?

They'd also be admitting the things they are doing are wrong, which I find extremely hard to believe. They would essentially be admitting that they are fully aware that regging, disconnection, etc are wrong and f*<%ed up, therefore showing that they don't actually believe regging, disconnection, etc are valid or necessary. For instance, if you were to punch someone in the face because you believed they stole from you, then you found out they actually didn't steal and you admitted you went to far and were wrong, the entire reasoning for punching said person was wrong and invalid. (Hopefully my mess of words makes some sort of sense...or I'm just nuts) And/or they were f*<%ing with Marty, and he fed right into their plan with his short-lived post.

If it was sent by an ex, indie or FZer, the only reason I can see for sending it, besides just flat out messing with people (but again, why?), would be to compile a decent amount of data as some sort of ammunition against the "church", but for what purpose? And if they are an ex/indie/FZer, they would certainly know the ex's/indie/FZer's they sent it to would see through it...most of them anyway...and probably not even respond.

Or I'm totally off base and/or not thinking of other options...

So what is the motivation?

(PS I'd like to know about what link this computer company ThetaBurst has with sclieintology....I'm confoosed about that one too)

Terril park

Sponsor
There are many who are nominally still in but in spirit out. Also
many of these would have contacts with Indies, FZrs and critics.
If this is being sent to those in we should find out very soon.

Whatever it is, it probably does not entail them doing any work for no money.

...hell, maybe it's reges doing it for a stat push...they've tried everything else (besides being nice or putting out a decent product...), so it is conceivable this is an effort to make some sort of money and stats. I guess even if one person who received the email came in, it would be considered a success.

Hey look at the time! 2pm...and it's Thursday!

Anonycat

Crusader
Theta Burst Corp gives it's address as 7 Carlyle in Irvine, CA with a total of 3 employees and here's the home it operates out of:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=nuk4UaTAKdL_rAGZv4D4BQ&ved=0CDMQ8gEwAA

I suppose someone could call him and ask what the deal is:

Company Profile for THETA BURST CORP

Company Name: THETA BURST CORP

Address: 7 CARLYLE
IRVINE, CA 92620
Company Contact: ROBERT COULTRIP
Phone: 9493879271
Fax:
Email:
Description:

theta.jpg

Lori

Cheryl E Love
There are many who are nominally still in but in spirit out. Also
many of these would have contacts with Indies, FZrs and critics.
If this is being sent to those in we should find out very soon.

That description definately fits me and I received it. I have to pretend to be still in so my still in family are not forced to disconnect. (Fewer now :smile: )

Just to test this theory I called a friend in the same mindset. Like me she was in contact with indies, freezoners and clambake. She also received it but spsmmed it. She is definately considered in good standing at her Org and still on post!

What i find interesting she showed it to her daughter who is also a staff member and who knows nothing about her moms doubts. Nothing. SHE didn't receive it! So I guess the mystery continues to unravel. :melodramatic:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Here it's ten minutes to two o'clock on a Thursday afternoon.

If OSA has a stat called "minutes wasted by exes, indies, fzers, anons, critics, and random lurkers on anti-cult message boards wondering about shit that doesn't matter," I'd say the stat this week is STRAIGHT UP AND VERTICAL.

:hysterical:

TG1

Here it's ten minutes to two o'clock on a Thursday afternoon.

If OSA has a stat called "minutes wasted by exes, indies, fzers, anons, critics, and random lurkers on anti-cult message boards wondering about shit that doesn't matter," I'd say the stat this week is STRAIGHT UP AND VERTICAL.

:hysterical:

TG1

I'd rather be solving a stupid mystery than doing laundry right now. And isn't that what the internet is for? Wasting time on meaningless crap? :p

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, Magoo, I'm quite fond of the Time Warp, and indeed all of Rocky Horror. And wasn't Susan Sarandon ever so sexy in her white undies! :brow:

Mark A. Baker :coolwink:

Yeah..me too, Mark! I was sort of joking about how it would
feel like a Time Warp (not as fun as the RHPS one)...going BACK to $cientology...which
my view is that e-mail is ***attempting*** to sucker peeps back into.

$cientology SUCKS: :scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks:

And yes~OSA OPs............HAPPY THURSDAY BEFORE 2:00 here in LA!

:biggrin: (not 1.1---I ain't "covert"...you all "in" and running ops are jerks who need to Bail While U STILL CAN!)

Tory/Magoo

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
Theta Burst Corp gives it's address as 7 Carlyle in Irvine, CA with a total of 3 employees and here's the home it operates out of:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=nuk4UaTAKdL_rAGZv4D4BQ&ved=0CDMQ8gEwAA

I suppose someone could call him and ask what the deal is:

Company Profile for THETA BURST CORP

Company Name: THETA BURST CORP

Address: 7 CARLYLE
IRVINE, CA 92620
Company Contact: ROBERT COULTRIP
Phone: 9493879271
Fax:
Email:
Description:

theta.jpg

Well, hell - I live right near there! Wonder if they wanna buy some girl scout cookies...

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
thetaburst.com makes hardware for scientific experiments, here is a quote from the web site.
At Theta Burst Corp., we make the NAC 2.0 neurodata acquisition system for performing experiments on brain tissue using a PC running Microsoft Windows®
So I do not understand how you got e-mail form them in relation to Scientology?

I do not understand how I got on the list, either. Neither does Petey, who left in the late 70's I believe, whose post on having gotten an email from them I quoted early in this thread.

Whoever is involved in this has been sending out resignation announcement emails, using a list not unlike the one Steve Hall has, of scientologists. Except somehow I got on this list. The first email I received was one from Karen De La Carriere, regarding her son's death. It might have been the announcement about the memorial service on the boat. Then I got a bunch more, with names of the scientologist in the email in the [email protected]. These were all people who had recently left the church, like Steve Poore.

example email ( snipped because it's about 10 pages long
A Letter from Steve Poore to all Scientologists
Monday, October 1, 2012 6:02 PM
To: [email protected]

Dear friends and fellow Scientologists,

Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been too active or visible at OTC meetings, OT Ambassador activities (I have been an OT Ambassador since 1995), Int Events, Ideal Org fund raising meetings, Ideal Org openings, etc. over the past many months. I haven’t been back to Flag for about a year.

Some of you may have wondered what’s happened. Well, the truth is, I have been wondering that myself. I have pondered this and even concluded that my withdraw must be caused by my own overts and withholds. I’ve originated this to Tech Terminals at Flag, D of P, Flag MAA, to my FSM and even to close friends (that I must have O/Ws causing withdraw). I have been in session at Flag several times over the past year or two and in metered interviews with MAA. I have also written up OWs. Still, I found myself not really reaching or wanting to participate in these church activities including my own Bridge progress. (And yes, I did complete The Basics about 4 years ago and had good wins).

There just seemed to be these nagging considerations of outpoints that would not as-is, go away. As of this date, my Ethics File at Flag is very empty with the exception of many dozens of Commendations as an OT Ambassador for 17 yrs., Power FSM and Front Lines Disseminator in the WISE Sector for the past 29 years. I’m not saying here that I am some perfect little angel, but those of you who know me, know that I have been an unwavering, staunch supporter and defender of our church, Scientology and LRH for 35 years.

Why am I communicating to you?
(snip)

I wrote the sender of Karen's email, along with Karen ( whose personal email address I already had) and others, explaining why I wanted off the list, requesting to be taken off because I am not scientologist. This was Aug 2012. Never heard back from any of them and kept getting more email announcements starting with Dear Scientologist:

Re: Recent emails from the big list
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:49 PM
To: "SuperPowerFraud" <[email protected]>, "Mark Shreffler" <[email protected]>, "Karen de La Carriere" <[email protected]>

Dear SuperPowerFraud, Karen and Mark,

I don't know how it came to be that I, a long time former member and avid critic of Scientology, could have wound up on this email list which each of you has used to email me recently. The information is addressed to Scientologists. I am not a scientology, in or out of CoS.

Of course, Karen, I knew and have voiced my concerns and condolences about Alexander's death and memorial service, so I didn't mind receiving your email about that but the misundertanding of my being a scientologist when I am not has grown since and I have been getting emails from people using this list under the belief that I am still in organized scientology when I am not. I left scientology almost 20 years ago!

Karen, perhaps you recall me from my posts on the VV and forums as JustCallMeMary and AnonyMary. I have great admiration for what you have done and much compassion for all you have been through. [..]

[..] I would like to ask you all to try and get my name and email address off this list you have used. I was never on Debbie Cook's list so perhaps someone added me after that. In any event, if you could just go back to where ever you got the list and ask them to amend it to remove my details, I would very much appreciate it.

I don't mind receiving communication from any of you, just as long as you know I am not a member of the church. You don't have to convince me to leave, lol!

Sincerely,

Mary McConnell
( links to my critic work)

So perhaps this is a list being collected and used to try and recover people like me and Petey, however, I did not get the volunteerministerint.org email. Not yet anyway. Maybe my name is finally off the list? I have not clue but I have not received another email since writing them for the 3rd time, which was in mid Dec 2012.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, our efforts have not been for naught. At least if the survey I just received is not a hoax. I have periodically noted reforms (albiet short-lived and superficial) that have been initiated in corporate Scientology over the years that can easily be correlated causation-wise to abuses we have documented and published here. For those of you having a hard time making the correlation and how this reformation business works, I recommend you read my book The Scientology Reformation.
It seems that the two central, most widespread abuses we have continually exposed - DISCONNECTION and the escalating, overreaching lust for parishioner money - are being addressed rather seriously.
The mighty yellow-shirted Volunteer Minister's network of Scientology Inc. will not apparently be mobilizing immediately for photo-ops at the latest horrendous natural catastrophe. Instead, they are being deployed at an ongoing man-made disaster. That is the mass disaffection in their own ranks caused by ruthless application of DISCONNECTION and FUNDRAISING policies.
Please see the attached survey from the Volunteer Minister I/C International of the church of Scientology to all Scientologists.
If this doesn't turn out to be a hoax, then thanks to all of you who helped carry the torch. All ya'll are appreciated. If it does turn out be a prank, it will happen one day, or the corporate church will remain disanimated.
To: All Scientologists
Info: We are launching an international Volunteer Ministers Program to work with Chaplains around the world to help all Scientologists with any matters that have caused hardship or injustice. “Something Can Be Done About It” applies equally to our Third Dynamic as it does to the Fourth. Any time invested in making us a stronger group is time well spent.
First we need to gather information of any situations so they can be addressed in a timely fashion.
Questionnaire for all Scientologists
Name:
Date:
What city you are in:
Closest Scientology Organization:
1. Have you or someone close to you experienced any injustices that you feel need to be rectified?
2. Have you or someone close to you experienced any hardship that we could help with?
3. Have you or someone close to you experienced any financial hardship as a result of regging or pressure to over-extend yourself?
4. Do you have debts beyond what you can comfortably handle?
5. Have you experienced any unpleasant Reg meetings? If so, please give specifics.
6. Have you or someone close to you experienced any hardship as a result of being pressured to disconnect from family members, friends or business associates?
7. Have you had any upset with a Scientology Organization?
8. Have you had any upset with a Management organization or RTC?
9. Have you had a less than optimum experience with a WISE arbitration?
10. Is there anything else you would like help on from the Chaplains Office?
Thank you for your time and consideration. We will do all we can to help every Scientologists to flourish and prosper and move up The Bridge.

I have never posted my very own thread before so I hope I have this in the right section. This was in my inbox this morning, but now Marty's blog is down! Do you think this is a real questionaire?

No. It is not a real questionaire. $cn is not a self-correcting entity, is in fact so far down its own scales that it wouldn't recognize a correction or change needed. It is not possible. This is either hoax or yet another way to bring in and fleece public. Because - that's what $cn does, period. No good can come of it.