What's new

Is the path rocky? - More than you know! 197? - 1985

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
How I managed to find my way here (ESMB)
Well first off let me say this... Somebody or Somebodies has done
a very good job of keeping me from looking.
snip.....

I remember
finding a clam that was the size of my hand. Well my mom collected shells so
I wanted to send it to her, so I stuck it into my purse. Bet none of you can guess what this clam ate....

The sand castle and clear bracelets from which to make pearls?? Oh you mean what it ate while in your purse?
Nail polish? Then it drank some cal-mag to to enhance it's 8 concentric dynamics.?

Polly

Patron with Honors
The sand castle and clear bracelets from which to make pearls?? Oh you mean what it ate while in your purse?
Nail polish? Then it drank some cal-mag to to enhance it's 8 concentric dynamics.?

Good guess but no.... Only the ones in the course room that day would know for sure but I thought it would be a bit of fun in the midst of my memories.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I buy and do 5 clam discovery eligibility expensives then purchase and sign a $50,000 mussel brace can I be the first ESMB public to have the truth revealed?

Damn, I think I have a cold. I will wait, and wait, and wait........

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
rtfcartoon.gif

The Ex-Sea-Org Motto:

WE COME BACK for our friends and family to get them out of Scientology while they still are alive

Polly

Patron with Honors
If I buy and do 5 clam discovery eligibility expensives then purchase and sign a $50,000 mussel brace can I be the first ESMB public to have the truth revealed?

Damn, I think I have a cold. I will wait, and wait, and wait........

No but you earned another funny from there though....when I told my mother about my day at the beach...(dolphins swimming by) I told her there was "corpusses"out there swimming by. I got a lot of words twisted when I was young.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
No but you earned another funny from there though....when I told my mother about my day at the beach...(dolphins swimming by) I told her there was "corpusses"out there swimming by. I got a lot of words twisted when I was young.

I was kept after school cause I could't spell the word AMINAL

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Having connectivity issues I will add more when the internet gods allow.

Having had quite a few connectivity issues in the past, Here's what I did:

I pre-wrote what I wanted to write in a text editor (could be Wordpad, MSWord or whatever you have on your computer) and then I logged in and copied and pasted it all into the post I wanted to send. If the sending failed, I still had the original in my editor and could just repeat the process once I had a valid connection. It's an easy way and it only takes a few extra seconds.

BTW: :welcome2:, Polly. :)

Polly

Patron with Honors
Having had quite a few connectivity issues in the past, Here's what I did:

I pre-wrote what I wanted to write in a text editor (could be Wordpad, MSWord or whatever you have on your computer) and then I logged in and copied and pasted it all into the post I wanted to send. If the sending failed, I still had the original in my editor and could just repeat the process once I had a valid connection. It's an easy way and it only takes a few extra seconds.

BTW: :welcome2:, Polly. :)

I found ways around the connectivity issues....thanks for the welcome. :coolwink:

Polly

Patron with Honors
Some of you may laugh at the irony of this...
While in Florida I got to go to a beach (don't know where) I remember
finding a clam that was the size of my hand. Well my mom collected shells so
I wanted to send it to her, so I stuck it into my purse. Bet none of you can guess what this clam ate....

Ok I can't hold it in any longer.....This clam ate my pencil! OMG!!! So I went to the course room and of course I need to write things down and all.... Well I just reach into my purse and grab my pencil eraser side out...I think to myself...
"dang this pencil is heavy"... Any way I pull this pencil out and this dang clam has half of my pencil ....of course I laugh I'm pretty sure that I ended up getting sent ot of the course room

Polly

Patron with Honors
Ok I need a little help on what the names of places I mention...
  1. glass walkway
  2. rooftop under glass walkway
  3. down in basement very large steel door looked like something hit it from inside

I hated having to clean the windows on that walkbridge!

Where some of us would hang out listening to music watching the guys break dancing.this was under the glass walkway...I think you could see one of the dining rooms from that rooftop.

This was down past tunnels maybe near where the archives were? It was kinda scary as a kid.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I am assuming you are talking about PAC (big Blue, which may have been white when you were there).

The only walkway I can think of is the bridge from ASHO to the main building. It is not glass, but it has tons of windows. Different times it was actually closed down and no-one used it. So it could have been a hang out place for kids. And it does have a roof that kids would get on top of and run around up there. It runs parallel to L Ron Hubbard Way, so you could look out and see the street, or if you looked out the other side, you would see what we called "main mess" - the dining area. If you ran down the ramp and made 2 hard rights, you would be in that main mess area.

Steel door could be anywhere, I think. It was a hospital before the church bought it. I think the main one this refers to is the one that is in the basement and was the door to the incinerator room from when it was a hospital. It was beaten in a few times. Most of the time that I knew that area it was the C/S office for the RPF. And really dungeon-like.

If you came down the stairs from the loading dock (which was also called North 40 back then), and made a left and went down the hall a bit, you would see it right there. All down that way are long hallways full of large pipes.

Does that help? :)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Most of the dance that we did was in what is/was called Lebanon Hall. There is a large room with a stage and we used to practice there.

David O
David H
Andrew H
Justine L
Jennifer L
Me
Alison S

Maybe more. My main dance partner was always David O.

Polly

Patron with Honors
I am assuming you are talking about PAC (big Blue, which may have been white when you were there).

The only walkway I can think of is the bridge from ASHO to the main building. It is not glass, but it has tons of windows. Different times it was actually closed down and no-one used it. So it could have been a hang out place for kids. And it does have a roof that kids would get on top of and run around up there. It runs parallel to L Ron Hubbard Way, so you could look out and see the street, or if you looked out the other side, you would see what we called "main mess" - the dining area. If you ran down the ramp and made 2 hard rights, you would be in that main mess area.

Steel door could be anywhere, I think. It was a hospital before the church bought it. I think the main one this refers to is the one tha
t is in the basement and was the door to the incinerator room from when it was a hospital. It was beaten in a few times. Most of the time that I knew that area it was the C/S office for the RPF. And really dungeon-like.

If you came down the stairs from the loading dock (which was also called North 40 back then), and made a left and went down the hall a bit, you would see it right there. All down that way are long hallways full of large pipes.

Does that help? :)

Yeah... It was at PAC i only ever remember it being blue. Yeah big water pipes conduit damp damp damp nasty icky bugs down there ewww. And yes about the incinerator all of that below the complex was scary to me back then.

Polly

Patron with Honors
Most of the dance that we did was in what is/was called Lebanon Hall. There is a large room with a stage and we used to practice there.

David O
David H
Andrew H
Justine L
Jennifer L
Me
Alison S

Maybe more. My main dance partner was always David O.

Hmmm Lebanon hall sounds familiar but not a much a the image of under that walkway. The main ones I remember breakdancing were David O, Jerry, wookie/fudge/Cleveland, David H..... Wow Bea! Thanks just confirms I'm not as crazy as I thought... Oh hell maybe I still am... Note to self ask self later if self is crazy!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Hmmm Lebanon hall sounds familiar but not a much a the image of under that walkway. The main ones I remember breakdancing were David O, Jerry, wookie/fudge/Cleveland, David H..... Wow Bea! Thanks just confirms I'm not as crazy as I thought... Oh hell maybe I still am... Note to self ask self later if self is crazy!

If you are able to remember to ask yourself if you are crazy, then you are not crazy. So there. :thumbsup:

Polly

Patron with Honors
If you are able to remember to ask yourself if you are crazy, then you are not crazy. So there. :thumbsup:

Phew I did remember to ask myself....but wait I was always told not to talk to myself or I'd be considered crazy...lol:yes:

Ok promise the next post will be some serious memories of flag....hmmmm.....:omg:

Polly

Patron with Honors
Ok so more memories of Flag...

Well one other clear memory of there is going across this metal catwalk stingrays used to flip themselves up there....cool and kinda creepy at 11.

Now I don't really remember berthing very much....
I know I was on course...don't really remember much other than alot of word clearing...
And I really liked demo'ing, I loved clay demos. I still find myself using things around me to get my point across to someone... Well how's that for a via...lol...

One of my favorite places to be was the crystal ballroom.
And on the roof. Where the kids that smoked hung out...yep...
There used to be a cigarette vending machine where we would get our cigs from.
I learned how to smoke being around my friends... also learned how to French inhale which was the cool thing to do.
Being on the roof was awesome I loved all the lightning.

I sound like a pretty happy kid right?... Well then there's this one phone call to my mom that both of us remember, where I was crying my eyes out wanting to go home...next memory few days later calling again saying everything was fine and that I had just been homesick. Not too long after that is when my guardians org or part of it got moved to PAC.

We traveled in three U-haul trucks I think the front and back trucks had cb radios. I remember stopping at roadside parks along the way to eat.... Ok that's pretty much all I have from Flag.