What's new

Is the Scientology Personality Test Scientific?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yeah, sort of, but that is really skirting around the edges of a definition. It is like saying an apple is a fruit that grows on a tree. It doesn't home in in any way and define what an apple is.

But I'm glad for the part definition that you have made.:thumbsup:

It can't be defined, but by charging people money, presenting them with the true definitions of reality and having them preform techercises, you have the capability to bring about in them an understanding of their spiritual selves.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Dr Michael Newton did a pretty good job of researching life between lives, publishing in his books the commonalities found among different accounts in deep hypnosis sessions with over 7,000 people. There's a lot detailed in this thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?11252-Life-Between-Lives-%97-Dr-Michael-Newton

I think it gives a pretty good description of the ins and outs of life as a spiritual being, none of this "unknowable" nonsense.

Paul

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Hold on there a moment.

I certainly never suggested 'unknowable'. Only undefinable and unmeasurable.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dr Michael Newton did a pretty good job of researching life between lives, publishing in his books the commonalities found among different accounts in deep hypnosis sessions with over 7,000 people. There's a lot detailed in this thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?11252-Life-Between-Lives-%97-Dr-Michael-Newton

I think it gives a pretty good description of the ins and outs of life as a spiritual being, none of this "unknowable" nonsense.

Paul

Yep. I've read Michael Newton's books and completely agree with you.

I also highly recommend Dolores Cannon. A lot of her books are available as free PDFs.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
This is an interesting thread.

From what I have read along the way: the test "improves" while you do courses and processing in Scientology because the standard answers for the test were originally Hubbard's answers. You become more like him the longer you are in the cult. The cult is designed to mold you into the having the same viewpoints and personality as Hubbard. This is how most cults work in fact; they just don't have a test that graphs out your progress on how you are becoming more and more like their leader.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

From what I have read along the way: the test "improves" while you do courses and processing in Scientology because the standard answers for the test were originally Hubbard's answers. You become more like him the longer you are in the cult. The cult is designed to mold you into the having the same viewpoints and personality as Hubbard. This is how most cults work in fact; they just don't have a test that graphs out your progress on how you are becoming more and more like their leader.

Very insightful. Hubbard had little or no empathy, no concern for his own family and cared only about money and stats.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

It's not only that.
It's that the OCA test is exactly the same every time (at least decades ago when I took it and administered it).

Just taking that test more than once... people learn what is expected and will answer accordingly.
That is just human nature.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Scientology personality test is one of many tricks Scientologist's use to get people into their destructive cult.

Yes - it is a precise SCIENCE of con!

Check out the BITE model.

Behavior Control, Information Control, Thought Control and Emotion Control.

READ THIS!! https://freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

Take the test - get the results (only at a Scientology Church) and feel like shit from the results...it is the "emotional control" and it works like a charm.:yes:

People that take the test get the bad news - they are losers...and it is a wonder they were able to even make it in life thus far...

They feel BAD about their personality and Scientology promises to FIX it for a FEE!

On a gradient - the fees get bigger along with the problems Scientology covertly tells you that you have...:whistling:

60 years of CON!:yes: