What's new

Is there a beginner's guide to Scientology?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
i never met the man pitsy but i suspect he may have had moments when he was a bit daft and as well could be somewhat cantankerous now and then

scientology is not a person. it is a nondenominational applied religious philosophy which treats man as a spiritual being and has a body of theory and practice for increased awareness and spiritual ability. like christianity it has a Great Commandment. with christianity this twofold, the second part very much like the first; love god with all your heart and soul, love your neighbor as you love yourself", like an acorn fallen not far from the oak scientology commands us "grant beingness"

What you are giving as the definition of scientology is but one aspect of the subject.

If you look at the OP you'll see that that's not the definition that was being used. Here's a snippet of the OP to illustrate what I'm referring to:

<snip>

It seems there needs to be a WhatIsScientology.com, but actually telling the truth. Something you can swipe through, with easily accessible titles like:

"So what's with the celebrities?"
"Where does Xenu come into all this?"
"Was his own life the best fiction Hubbard ever wrote?"

<snip>

Those are totally valid aspects of the subject. If you look at the 'What is Scientology?' book you'll see that it's over 1000 pages long. Here's the description from Amazon:

The complete and essential encyclopedic reference on the subject and practice of Scientology. This book contains the pertinent data on every aspect of the subject:

* The life of L. Ron Hubbard and his path of discovery
* The Spiritual Heritage of the religion
* A full description of Dianetics and Scientology Auditing—what it is and how it works
* Courses—what they contain and how they are structured
* The Grade Chart of Services and how one ascends to higher states
* The Scientology Ethics and Justice System
* The Organizational Structure of the Church
* A complete description of the many Social Betterment programs supported by the Church, including: Drug Rehabilitation, Criminal Reform, Literacy and Education and the instilling of real values for morality.

I get that you'd like to surgically remove those aspects that are insane and insist that they (including Hubbard) are not part of it.

But all that IS part of Scientology.

Gib

Crusader
i never met the man pitsy but i suspect he may have had moments when he was a bit daft and as well could be somewhat cantankerous now and then

scientology is not a person. it is a nondenominational applied religious philosophy which treats man as a spiritual being and has a body of theory and practice for increased awareness and spiritual ability. like christianity it has a Great Commandment. with christianity this twofold, the second part very much like the first; love god with all your heart and soul, love your neighbor as you love yourself", like an acorn fallen not far from the oak scientology commands us "grant beingness"

there is something you are missing.

When one studies scientology,

one is studying Hubbard communications bulletin's, HCOB's.

not scientology.

there is something you are missing.

When one studies scientology,

one is studying Hubbard communications bulletin's, HCOB's.

not scientology.

well...

some of the time i spent studying scientology i was actually studying the curvature of jill press's bosom...

Last edited:
What you are giving as the definition of scientology is but one aspect of the subject.

If you look at the OP you'll see that that's not the definition that was being used. Here's a snippet of the OP to illustrate what I'm referring to:

Those are totally valid aspects of the subject. If you look at the 'What is Scientology?' book you'll see that it's over 1000 pages long. Here's the description from Amazon:

I get that you'd like to surgically remove those aspects that are insane and insist that they (including Hubbard) are not part of it.

But all that IS part of Scientology.

putting a bit of spin on my words there pitsy...

the published material is in fact VOLUMINOUS!!!

i gave a quick "bird'seye view" in a few words which captured and encapsulated both the entirety of scientology and also christianity

beyond that...

i should certainly like to tinker with CoS

and in so doing i would surely be assiduous about The First Law of Tinkering:

SAVE ALL THE PIECES!!!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
putting a bit of spin on my words there pitsy...

the published material is in fact VOLUMINOUS!!!

i gave a quick "bird'seye view" in a few words which captured and encapsulated both the entirety of scientology and also christianity

beyond that...

i should certainly like to tinker with CoS

and in so doing i would surely be assiduous about The First Law of Tinkering:

SAVE ALL THE PIECES!!!

:yawn: