ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Is this proof Scientology has the cops in their pockets?

Discussion in 'Scientology Front Groups and Alliances' started by renegade, Aug 30, 2018.

1. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

2. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

"Is this proof Scientology has the cops in their pockets?"

No.
    It's proof that some cops are corrupt and so is the "church" of $cientology.

Lie with dogs, you get fleas.
    Birds of a feather flock together.

And all sorts of homely wisdom like that.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Yep, it is proof that government officials can be bought, which should be no surprise.

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Its really shocking sometimes the extent that the Cult manages to insert itself into various areas...

All the Front Groups working to "get traction" somehow, someplace.

That the Cult cries that The Way To Happiness is secular....is kinda funny. It certainly is not.
    And that the Cult cries it is non-denominational....it certainly is not.

It looks to me like the Religious Cloaking could certainly come back to bite them in the ass....

Especially here in the States with separation of "Church and State." I don't see how they can operate anything in Publicly funded areas...

It is really incredible that they had that kiosk in a Police Station!!

5. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

That particular station and it's captain appear to go out of their way to protect and promote Scientology more than the rest of the LAPD already does:

“The captain of [LAPD’s Hollywood division], Cory Palka, goes to the Scientology Celebrity Centre often. There are pictures of him hanging at Celebrity Centre.”
    — Leah Remini

After dozens of emails and phone calls to the LAPD, The Daily Beast received the following message via email: “Captain is not making any comments.” But a source inside the LAPD’s Hollywood division informs us that officers wonder about Captain Palka’s seemingly cozy relationship with the Church of Scientology.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leah-remini-calls-bullshit-on-the-lapds-handling-of-danny-masterson

Captain Cory Palka in the center, Scientologists John Goodwin and Emily Jones-Goodwin on the far left and far right:
    [​IMG]

from Tony Ortega:

LAPD PROBING SCIENTOLOGY AND DANNY MASTERSON FOR MULTIPLE RAPES, COVER-UP

In November, Victim A made a police report in her local city (she no longer lives in California, where the alleged rape took place). That police department referred the case to the LAPD’s Hollywood station on Wilcox Avenue, but it was then assigned to Detective Esther Reyes of the Robbery-Homicide Division.

“I was told that my report was transferred out of the Wilcox location into downtown due to known leaks within the Hollywood division when I received a phone call from Detective Reyes later that day…She warned me that I am not to speak to any other officer or anyone claiming to be an officer,” Victim A wrote to the LAPD chief.

https://tonyortega.org/2017/03/03/l...danny-masterston-for-multiple-rapes-cover-up/

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  6. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

Anyone claiming to be an officer who isn't an officer would be someone in distinct violation of the law, right?

7. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

They play every angle they can, don't they?
    They've been trained by the master con men of all time.

8. Jenyfurrr

Jenyfurrr Patron

It is illegal to impersonate an officer of the law, but I think they were just as concerned about the internal leaks since they’re clearly aware that certain cops that receive a LOT of lucrative after-hours security work for CO$ may dig for info if asked.

Type4_PTS, Enthetan and screamer2 like this.
  9. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Exactly! This is why I believe critics need to be ever vigilant in keeping track of and reporting on the front groups and church ‘community’ activities. It’s easy to forget how doggedly they are in planning infiltration into society so they can ‘Clear the planet’.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. Jay Juno

Jay Juno Guest

Portland, Oregon police officers have been infiltrated by the church of scientology.

Two Portland police officers admitted to my face they were scientologists and threatened to have me arrested on trump charges. On top of that, Portland police officers refused to document the harassment I received from scientologists most of the time and I only had a few police reports written out of over a dozen complaints. A scientologist in Portland tried to scam me with a fake concierge health service in an attempt to steal my medical records.

11. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

While the content within the booklets may be secular, the true purpose of the booklets and The Way to Happiness Foundation certainly is not.

The Foundation wouldn't exist nor would the books be marketed for any reason other than to further the objectives of the CoS.

And like almost all other aspects of Scientology, their claims for The Way to Happiness booklets are fraudulent.

Scientologists claim that they reduce crime in an area when passed out (as well as other benefits). Yet they cannot even reduce crime in Clearwater or Curacao (the home port of the Freewinds). Clearwater has a higher crime rate than the surrounding communities in Pinellas County. :faceslap:

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  12. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

You should consider that police often launch public relations campaigns to increase the willingness of members of the targeted group to talk to police.

Evidence in this thread so far matches up wonderfully as evidence that police are taking seriously the task of cultivating Scientologists as witnesses.

This is an extremely difficult task when faced with such a tightly cohesive and tight lipped group as Scientologists, and especially celebrity Scientology circles.

Whatever strength it has as evidence of influence upon or penetration of the LAPD, it is also equally good as evidence of LAPD intent to be able to investigate crimes within the Scientology community.

And frankly the idea that the mass public will be swayed by allowing Scientologists to present their points of view in a police station is weak. The public isn't bamboozled by Scientology when it engages in mass media advertising, massive street contact campaigns, extensive mail outs, etc. Scientology PR is profoundly ineffective absent evidence of genuine abuses documented, such as sometimes happens in ill-managed mental health activities, and it presents little peril to the public to allow them a sense of prestige and affiliation by tolerating this PR activity in a police station. Really there seems to be little harm in allowing them a brief kiosk, saying "Sorry but we can't" when inevitable legal complaints arise, and thereafter saying:

"You know the LAPD actually allowed Scientology promotional kiosks in its police stations. We had to ask they be removed when legal complaints by outsiders arose. We aren't against you guys, you see, we're just following the law."​