What's new

Is Tom Cruise buying up downtown Clearwater to create a Scientology entertainment mecca?

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Is Tom Cruise buying up downtown Clearwater to create a Scientology entertainment mecca?

[Tom Cruise and the Skyview in downtown Clearwater]

Clay Irwin signed a deal today to sell his downtown Clearwater bar, the Lucky Anchor, after a little less than two years operating a watering hole in the shadow of Scientology’s spiritual mecca.

Clay is a familiar figure here at the Bunker. He opened up the Lucky [...]

[Tom Cruise and the[.......]

Continue reading...

Leland

Crusader
I was over in Clearwater a couple years ago, and saw this building under construction.

I really couldn't believe that this was where Tom Cruise was going to have an apartment.....

The building is not that big. Certainly not posh in style or size. I really didn't think it was the right building....

I took some pics. I'll see if I can find them and post here. I had thought at the time that it was a combination of a remodel...and new construction....but not sure.

Pics are too big...will shrink them and post later.

The premise that he's going to create an entertainment center for Scientologists seems unrealistic and farfetched - when does any parishioner at flag have any time for such frivolities as entertainment?

Couldn't it be this - buy out your sources of antagonism, and close them down? It worked with Marty, why not a bar in Clearwater? Isn't that right out of Scientology's basic playbook?

Mimsey

Leland

Crusader
IMG_0209.jpg IMG_0211-2.jpg

These are the only ones I could find...

Edited: These photos are from the opposite end of the building...compared to the OPs pic.

Last edited: