What's new

Is Tommy Davis out?

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Gosh, reckon one of these days Tom Cruise or John Travolta may suddenly
"disappear" for a dose of "religious discipline"? Cruise/Travolata to do their stints in
the trash can or licking the bathroom floor? One at a time guys,
one at a time...who goes first, Tom or John? "J" comes before "T", but
"C" comes before "T". Maybe they can toss a coin?

smartone

My Own Boss
Maybe he's auditing her on the Death Rundown. The EP is when the person changes their last will and testament to make the Church of Scientology the sole recipient of everything that they own. They then get awarded a life-sized cardboard cutout of L. Ron Hubbard so that they can gaze lovingly into Ron's eyes as they shuffle off this mortal coil - knowing that their lifetime's resources will be put to good use by the church ... namely suing Debbie Cook.

:lol:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I've read the posts your referring too. Tommy has blown twice and been in the RPF at least twice. I did say it was no walk in the park, but Tommy unlike other SO didn't spend years on the RPF or in the hole. I think he has gotten some harsh treatment from DM, everyone does, but unlike others his punishment doesn't seem to last long or I should say is within the bounds of sanity - few months, rather than 7 years, etc....

Tommy started out a cushy job as CC as a liaison with celebs, he was given this position due to his family and money. His popularity with the CC crowd (esp Tom Cruise) and rich kid ways got him noticed by DM who way over promoted him, well above his capabilities and experience. (Probably because DM had everyone in the hole or RPF he needed new raw meat) Of course, when he fucked up and no one working under DM doesn't fuck up, he got shit for it. I never said he was coddled, just better treated and privileged. (Also, we and everyone watching TV got to see some of his fuck ups)

Can you honestly tell me that a normal high level Int exec would be allowed to take a LOA to attend to a sick spouse?

Fuck the guy on the Freewinds, who contracted Aids, he was kicked out and his wife wasnt even allowed to visit. He was literally dying and they would not allow her to even speak to him. She finally escaped and was quite sure they wouldn't have even given her a LOA for his funeral, if they even let her know he was dead. All they wanted her to do was divorce him, because he obviously pulled it in.

I hear stories like this repeatedly from SO, they don't care who is dying. Tommy being allowed a LOA is definitely unusual in the SO, though us wogs see it as the least you would do for someone with a very ill spouse.

DM does own Tommy but it doesn't also mean Tommy's money and family haven't spared him some of the more severe punishments. Rinder spent 4 plus years in the hole sleeping under his desk, I think if Tommy didn't have money and powerful friends he would currently be in the hole - not with his sick wife. Even worse to think if Jessica wasn't a Feshbach she could have gone the way of Annie Broeker.

Oh I absolutely and totally agree with you.

See my post about "how the hotshot gets in and gets busted".

Tommy's celeb family and Jessica's rich family are why he got let out.

In addition, there is the Cruise Factor. Jessica was Katie's sidekick for a long time. How would it look to Tom and Katie if Tommy wasn't by his wife's side?

Personally, I think this may have more to do with Davis being let out than either one of their Scieno families.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Oh I absolutely and totally agree with you.

See my post about "how the hotshot gets in and gets busted".

Tommy's celeb family and Jessica's rich family are why he got let out.

In addition, there is the Cruise Factor. Jessica was Katie's sidekick for a long time. How would it look to Tom and Katie if Tommy wasn't by his wife's side?

Personally, I think this may have more to do with Davis being let out than either one of their Scieno families.

well the Feshbachs are way more important to the CofS than Tommy or his Mom. Seeing as they have collectively paid in millions both to the cofs and the IAS I would think that DM would not like all that moolah going "wobbly".

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
well the Feshbachs are way more important to the CofS than Tommy or his Mom. Seeing as they have collectively paid in millions both to the cofs and the IAS I would think that DM would not like all that moolah going "wobbly".

Yeah. Well, there is that...

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
"No. I don't want your money. I am doing you a favor. Someday, I might need a favor that you can do. On that day, I will come to you."

LOL! My husband recently decided we were going to watch old gangster/Mafia movies every Saturday night. That's from the first scene of Godfather I, IIRC.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Tommy the little twerp did get promoted into positions he failed at.

Money & family maybe do count for something......for awhile anyway.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Miscavige likes to hold and fondle balls because he needs constant reminders what they look like.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Tommy Davis is in a position to deal a death blow to DM and/or send him scurrying off to Bulgravia, and now is the time for him to do it, with Debbie Cook on the attack. Barring that, whatever he was paid, it wasn't enough ... he is definitely in a position to demand more and get more.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL! My husband recently decided we were going to watch old gangster/Mafia movies every Saturday night. That's from the first scene of Godfather I, IIRC.

I am a Godfather trivia buff. My favorite character in GF1 is Solozzo, and my favorite line is "I want somebody really good to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of there with just his dick in his hand."

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last I heard from member of his family, Tommy is not out and has "taken leave" from the Sea Org to care for Jessica, who is terminally ill. Because Tommy has not been on the front pages of the news, some critics have developed a fondness for starting & spreading rumors that are not true.

Sadly, Jess waited too long to be treated with competent medical care and she's now paying the price.

That doesn't sound like the standard tech that should be applied by every spot on, upstat Scientologist. If Jessica is sick, that means that at a minimum she is PTS if not an espee. I don't understand why TD is wasting his time with her. That tells me that he has other fish to fry. I'm sure that whoever let him take that LOA has been misinformed and/or is being reasonable. If she drops her body, she drops her body. Meanwhile, there is a planet to clear and TD can't afford to be reasonable when he is needed to forward the cause of good PR for the Cof$.

Pete

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Tommy Davis screwed up big-time, last time. I'm not sure his most recent handling/punishment will have been as gentle as the previous ones. Remember what he said to the New Yorker?

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles, then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." (link)

In that one sentence, the 'Church' of Scientology spokesman made his organization vastly more vulnerable to being exposed as a sham, because - in his official role, on the record - he set out a chain of reasoning where a break at any link in that chain brings the whole façade crashing down. If Hubbard wasn't injured in the war being a very good starting point. The man who was relieved from command, and whose injuries are documented to have been (a) a duodenal ulcer and (b) falling off a ladder.

Davis seems to have realized what he'd done immediately thereafter, and followed with "The truth is that Mr. Hubbard was a war hero."

A war hero. Hmm. Subjective. Some would say that all who go to war are heroes. And of course, it does nothing to reinforce his earlier argument, since it doesn't actually state that he was injured; merely that he was "a war hero."

If I were Tommy Davis, I would have headed for the hills as soon as I stepped outside of that interview, changed my name and sought a different form of employment.

If he's not out, if he's just on LOA, he'll have to be in a very different role if he ever returns to the fold. Meanwhile, I'm glad he can be with Jessica.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
I hope that this quote from Ron regarding death can help Tommy in his time of need:

http://www.ronthephilosopher.org/phlspher/page58.htm

... Because when people think of death they think of loss and grab something.

This explains the behavior of relatives after one of their family has died. Everybody gets in there and tears apart all of the person’s clothes and they fight with each other over the possessions. They are still alive, but they have experienced a loss of havingness and they pore over this particular person’s effects. They are really to some degree trying to get the person back. They think if they can grab enough possessions, they will get the person back. It actually is not quite as greedy as it looks, it is just obsessive.

L. Ron Hubbard

Some good tips from Ron there, but if none of this helps Tommy from an emotional perspective, then I hope he gets some "good shit" in the ensuing fight over Jessica's clothes and possessions. At least he can be "first one in".

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I am a Godfather trivia buff. My favorite character in GF1 is Solozzo, and my favorite line is "I want somebody really good to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of there with just his dick in his hand."

Pete

I like the vacation packing advice:

"Leave the gun. Take the canoles"

My favorite minor character is - Clemenza