What's new

Israeli org made two IAS qoutas

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
The IAS was founded in the middle of 80's for the purpose to salvage the $cientology the was at that time under major attacks. (court case)

So , they would call it cruisades and IAS becames soon an obligation for any $cientologis to be at least annual member to be allow to buy services from the CO$. One usually gets 6 months free to ''try te benefit of the cult cheap services'' then he has to pay membership.

At the beginning it was independent (apparently) from the Church but it is not anymore.

One can easily give 100,000$ and more , to 1,000,000$ in his life
Selle the house and everything to ''ensure'' we can ''save the planet''

When it's time for higher OT level - you better have contribute a lot or there will be a little problem here :whistling:

A

Annonny

The IAS was founded in the middle of 80's for the purpose to salvage the $cientology the was at that time under major attacks. (court case)

So , they would call it cruisades and IAS becames soon an obligation for any $cientologis to be at least annual member to be allow to buy services from the CO$. One usually gets 6 months free to ''try te benefit of the cult cheap services'' then he has to pay membership.

At the beginning it was independent (apparently) from the Church but it is not anymore.

One can easily give 100,000$ and more , to 1,000,000$ in his life
Selle the house and everything to ''ensure'' we can ''save the planet''

When it's time for higher OT level - you better have contribute a lot or there will be a little problem here :whistling:

Hey Lotus,
Yes, money seems to be the case everywhere Scientology goes. The ethics office was mad that this Shafee guy wanted to have his own branch of scientology. Anyway, I guess he was smarter than that and quit all together. One of his students took over the Tel Aviv branch.
I've also read that it was religios Jews that filed a complaint against one of Scientology schools in Tel Aviv. The school was then investigated and it was found that the educational level there was very low. But it was allowed to remain operational. The Ministry of Education reviewed the LRH educational books and determined that the ideas there were not new [or his for that matter].

pnut

Patron
I have read that the biggest number of cult victims in Israel come from Scientology. However, I really haven't seen many protests against Scientology. I wonder why.

It is a little weird- There used to be a small group of Israeli anons who would protest at Rotshield and Shontzino (where the tav orgs are), I actually know one of'em in person. Overall, there were about seven or eight people. My impression is that there is awareness in Israel regarding how bad is scientology, but there isn't much awareness on just how big the problem is. It is just regarded as "oh, this bunch of crazy scientologists", and not as "we're having a real problem here".

((HUGGS)), pnut! It is worth mentioning. Never hesitate to ask around here.

Tell your friend not to use terminology in talking with you which you would not understand unless you wre a scientologist. Or just say " Can you explain that in English ( Or Hebrew)

Thanks Mary!:D
You're absolutely right, except my friend isn't really speaking to me these days:\
I saw it on her new Skype status and decided to tell on her (;

A

Annonny

It is a little weird- There used to be a small group of Israeli anons who would protest at Rotshield and Shontzino (where the tav orgs are), I actually know one of'em in person. Overall, there were about seven or eight people. My impression is that there is awareness in Israel regarding how bad is scientology, but there isn't much awareness on just how big the problem is. It is just regarded as "oh, this bunch of crazy scientologists", and not as "we're having a real problem here".

Thanks Mary!:D
You're absolutely right, except my friend isn't really speaking to me these days:\
I saw it on her new Skype status and decided to tell on her (;

Can you maybe put me in touch with this friend of yours in Israel? I know only one person who has an anti-scientology blog in Israel. Her name/alis is Sarit. I think now is a good time to reawake the Israeli cell. Israelis always notice anything related to Holocaust/Simon Wiesenthal.

pnut

Patron
Hey Lotus,
I've also read that it was religios Jews that filed a complaint against one of Scientology schools in Tel Aviv. The school was then investigated and it was found that the educational level there was very low. But it was allowed to remain operational.

Hmmm..I wonder if scn teachers at schools such as "Atid" or "Pepe" are considered indie..

Can you maybe put me in touch with this friend of yours in Israel? I know only one person who has an anti-scientology blog in Israel. Her name/alis is Sarit. I think now is a good time to reawake the Israeli cell. Israelis always notice anything related to Holocaust/Simon Wiesenthal.

Indeed, Sarit had a very active blog, and there's also Paul-OT who used to be in Scientology and is now protesting against it (he has a blog too, I'll pm you the link).
Unfortunately, I won't be able putting you in touch with my friend since she is a scientologist, and I tried to contact her many times to no avail.

A

Annonny

Hmmm..I wonder if scn teachers at schools such as "Atid" or "Pepe" are considered indie..

Indeed, Sarit had a very active blog, and there's also Paul-OT who used to be in Scientology and is now protesting against it (he has a blog too, I'll pm you the link).
Unfortunately, I won't be able putting you in touch with my friend since she is a scientologist, and I tried to contact her many times to no avail.

OK, thanks for all the info.
I guess you've been disconnected from your friend, ha?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Sept 1984. And it was set up (ostensibly) to be an insurance policy for the cofs should it be needed. What it actually did was set up a huge unaccountable slush fund for Miscavige

It was NEVER set up to be independent. Miscavige was the head of the board of IAS and always has been.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't know how workable that one is if the stat is in a very low and unviable range. A full-time reg that makes $5 GI one week and $6 the next and $7 the next, etc., isn't going to stay on post very long. I'm sure this is covered in specific PLs, but I'm not going to spend ages looking it up.

Paul

This is true Paul, however in current times probably not so enforced, for example the ex president of the church in ANZO is now the ED of Canberra org, he's been here probably 4 years as an interim measure to get things up and running, after their whole exec structure blew one day, talk about non-viability and you'd describe this org; it's stat range crawls along the bottom a great week was selling half a dozen books to completely raw people, I doubt they do that now.

But surprisingly when an IAS quota was to be met with attendant registrars they could pull as much as $30K out of Canberra. I doubt it is happening now though!

The ED I mentioned has just been left here wasting his life away doing very little, utter futility.

James

pnut

Patron
OK, thanks for all the info.
I guess you've been disconnected from your friend, ha?

Umm, I don't really know. I was unable to contact her on one hand, but she approved me on her Skype list on the other, but also didn't answer a letter I sent about a year ago, however there's no way she knows I'm opposing scn so..
It's the weirdest story really:confused2:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I don't know if WWP user anon.il is still active, but I could send him/her a PM, and ask what's going on there nowadays, and maybe even connect you.

A

Annonny

Indeed, I second that :coolwink:

I think its hilarious how similar the Scientology/Anons dynamics look all over the world. Anons protest in front of the Scientology building, scary guards come out, police arrives. Other than that it looks like another party day in Tel Aviv