What's new

It’s simple: we get to kill exotic animals because we are the superior species

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

It’s simple: we get to kill exotic animals because we are the superior species

At some point, all of the defensive posturing by trophy hunters that they are conservationists with the best interests of animals in mind really does get old and it’s time they came clean.

The truth is, they take exotic and endangered species because, frankly, they can.

Mankind long ago won the survival of the fittest. It’s human [...]

BigGuy.jpg

At[.......]

Continue reading...

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
What a chickenshit way to prove how macho they are, being lead to a feeding beast that's unaware of their presence and then pulling the trigger of a high powered rifle and killing it. Then having the gall to have one's picture taken with it as "evidence" of their superiority! With his weight problem he had to have been driven right up to the lion which was probably used to safari vehicles and never budged an inch. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Somehow the term Survival of the Fittest and the picture of the hunter are contrary facts.

Given his bare hands only, he would have been a meal for the lion, maybe two lions.

Certain people kill because they behave like an inferior species.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Somehow the term Survival of the Fittest and the picture of the hunter are contrary facts.

Given his bare hands only, he would have been a meal for the lion, maybe two lions.

Certain people kill because they behave like an inferior species.
If he had become the lion's feast, I'd bet that lion had never eaten anything with that amount of fatty goo to digest. The lion would have had to go lay somewhere for a week to digest it all! Yuck!

freethinker

Sponsor
If he had become the lion's feast, I'd bet that lion had never eaten anything with that amount of fatty goo to digest. The lion would have had to go lay somewhere for a week to digest it all! Yuck!
I'm curious, Tony writes that hunters can kill game because they are the top of the food chain. However I have never heard of anyone talking about the great medium rare lion burger they just had.

In fact, on another thread, they said the hunter left the carcass to rot in the sun so killing lions is just a thrill seeking activity where one can use the skin and head for a rug.

If you feel great prowess from killing a lion with a gun that can take out a jeep engine block from 200 yards, you might just have some serious insecurity issues.

Killing a lion because he is poaching livestock or killing villagers is one thing but just to tell people you killed a lion from a safe 100 yards out isn't going to raise you prowess as a fearless hunter in my book. Especially if you did it while sitting safely in a Jeep.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
In my childhood/teen years we had 4 fruit trees: nectarine, plum, apricot, and peach.

The types of birds that would damage the fruit were: mocking birds and sparrows.

My brother and I would use a BB gun to shoot them.

Our pet cat would hear the BB gun sound and RUN to us and scream "Meyow! Meyow!".
It wanted that bird in it's mouth!

After our pet cat ran and got the bird in it's mouth it would get angry and growl at me if I even tried to touch the cat!
("Get away from me! Don't you even dare try to take this bird from me!")
:D

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
We seem to be getting regular threads about killing animals and I don't see how I can put them on ignore because they are all part of the Tony Ortega feed. Can someone please explain how we can put these on ignore or, preferably, turn them off altogether?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
The truth is, they take exotic and endangered species because, frankly, they can.

Mankind long ago won the survival of the fittest. It’s human[...]

A glaring example of how the phrase 'Survival of the fittest' has been totally misunderstood.