What's new

It Is Done

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Dear Alanzo,

I know that without your encouragement and communications, that I would have continued lurking in a state of fear....just looking for people I once knew while in the Sea Org. (Little did I understand what was in store for me on this message board.) I am so happy that I decided to PM you that day.

Allen, you gave me that little push I needed to get going on the path of healing after 22 years away. I could have just as easily have shut it out again.

Much of what you have posted here in this thread hits home to me. It is fundimental to review motive for joining...who did we want to be? What did we hope to achieve?

It begs the question for all of us...how do we get back on track from where we were side tracked?

At this point in my life, there is a great deal that I do achieve and much opportunity at the horizon. I tell my children that I still have not decided what I want to be when I grow up. I know that there is still time to satisfy that need to help.

I just needed to face and resolve my past before I could go much further.

You see, even in this post you inspire thought and reflection!

You helped me start on that path to healing, and have helped me laugh through the tears on many occasions. I know I am not the only one who feels this.

Now, I am excited in your decision and the freedom that you are granting yourself to take the next big step in your life. A new Adventure, now taken on with greater wisdom and, I hope, a sense of accomplishment.

Anon is doing good stuff. Amazing things.... But it not on a level that can equal the impact you have made on your friends here at ESMB and the countless silent ones that you deterred away from cult life.

We love you Alanzo!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
This whole thread makes me very emotional. It's why I haven't posted earlier.

We go through a hell of a time - us Ex Scientologists. I doubt anyone except those who have been through it themselves really understand it.

If there was an EP to this message board it would not be to create ex scientologists, it would be to help people recreate themselves without any labels.

I love you dearly Alanzo.

Thank you for everything.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
It's true! - It IS done! - The Sinister Cult of Scientology cannot succeed!

When I ran away all those years ago I feared, was convinced really, that our civilisation could not 'handle' this warlike and billigerent group. I saw them exploiting the law and supressing any backtalk.

For many years I thought they would 'win'.

But events these past few years and with 9000 people picketing feb 10..

Now I trust that civilised society can prevail.

I didn't even see the potential of the internet when it fell to me to get 25 computers at the advertising bureaux where I worked connected to this newfangled thing. I was annoyed really.. The internet was seen as yet another advertising channel. And even when that was my work I thought: 'Who the hell needs it? - Just more spam on your computer!'

I became aware of the ex-scientologists nattering years later! - Great balls of entheta rising from Alt.Religion.Scientology! And what a joy that was!

I hate to see you signing off Alanzo!

But then, we're not in the damned cult anymore. So I wish you well and good wind. I'm going to miss your very good posts though!

Ah.. But you didn't sign off intirely.. That's good!

:yes:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well done Alanzo! :thumbsup:

Everything you said is right. You have now progressed from Ex-scientologist to human being! :D

I really identify with what you say about the difference in these days of the Internet to those pre-internet.

My "progress" has been slightly different. I spent many years being human and no longer an ex-scn. I would go for months and months not even thinking about Scn or even remembering that I had ever done it!

Every now and then my wife and I would be reminded of Scn when there was something on TV or whatever. It would be a shock to realise that it was still going on and people were still being hoodwinked into it. We'd mutter ideas that something should be done about it.

At the time ESMB appeared it coincided with one of these periods of thinking that something should be done. Many times over this past year I have wondered if posting on ESMB is just a waste of time.

I think you are right about new people. I can't conceive of anyone joining without first doing a bit of surfing on the Internet. If after reading the controversy, if they decide to join, well the CofS and such people probably deserve each other! :hysterical:

I do still feel moved to help leavers repair (I played my part in co-creating the CofS after all didn't I?) and I am moved to work with anonymous to help put the dying Church out of its mysery.

Every time someone decides to move on from being an ex-scn then I think the ESMB has done its job!:thumbsup:

But me again and this time my wife will be out on the streets with anonymous in two weeks time letting the CofS know they won't get away with their criminal black magic any longer!

These are wonderful times and everyone can validate their original intentions like you Alanzo, and hopefully without regret for the adventure taken, can escape the Scn abuse of their goals! :thumbsup:

Alanzo has achieved the state of human being! Yippee! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well done Alanzo. It takes an honest man to realize when he has achieved a goal set out beforehand, a goal not even he might have been aware of.

I have to say, my purposes for being here are different than yours might have been. We all have our reasons. Some come to talk to others who have experienced similar experiences and so will undertand them. Some come because it is a safe place, perhaps the first safe place to point out the bad, and even the good, that they have experienced. Some come to explain to others so that they won't make the same mistakes. All valid. None conflicting.

Personally, I came to reconnect. I came here for the sense of community. I find myself commenting on things that I know about or have an opinion on. I make some jokes. I try to provide a voice of objectivity. Because I am a teacher. And because rationality is important to me. But others are less objective. And that doesn't diminish the value of their insights.

I would like to achieve what you seem to have achieved. A group of peers that admire you, and that respect you.

I regret that I missed you. I had already left by the time you came to where I was. I had left because of the things that you talked about in your forum messages. You would not have had the same difficulties if I had been there.

But, we live. We move on.

So, live, move on. Achieve the goals that you want. Do the things you want to do. Think the things you want to think. And know that there is a group of peers that respect and admire you for you.

Vinaire

Sponsor
All the best to you Alanzo, from one who frustrated you a lot.

But you are a good friend, and I have learned a lot from you.

I am not really for any vile stuff. I just want people to be more themselves and self-determined.

I am so happy that you have now become more of your own master.

Your friend,
Vinaire

Curiosity

Patron with Honors
Wow, I just now saw this after wondering for the last few days where you were. :duh: I'm saddened that I won't really get the chance to know you, but I'm happy that you've turned a page in your life and are ready to write a new story now. :) I appreciate honesty and passion, and you are a passionate man who tells the truth to any who will listen. For that reason, I think your posts are among the most enjoyable ones I've read on here. You have a message that carries depth and weight; Anonymous can't touch that, as they simply don't have the life experiences that you do. Without messages like yours, I think that anonymous mob would have dissipated by now, but the truth has a riveting appeal, and you are such a gifted writer as to casually and articulately tell a most-riveting truth. It is voices like yours that draw these crowds like the pied piper, and now, the rats are to be led out of town. :yes: I think you have indeed done your part, and I wish you well. Flourish, Alanzo! :happydance: