What's new

It just gets worse and worse for Tommy......

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
New York Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/scientology_flack_strikes_out_SJRNhKFTPOnH567DZ4Q4CO

Last Updated: 10:41 AM, October 27, 2009

"Scientology flack strikes out"

LESS than an hour before a damaging piece on the Church of Scientology was set to air on ABC's "Nightline," the controversial faith's spokesman, Tommy Davis, showed up unannounced at the studio and tried to get the segment spiked.

Last week, ABC ran a two-part investigation into Scientology, focusing on allegedly violent behavior by leader David Miscavige, as well as the involvement in the church of such celebrities as Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Will Smith.

In a taped interview for the first installment that was to run Thursday night, Martin Bashir asked Davis to comment on the church's bizarre founding mythology, which involves an intergalactic god named Xenu who brought his people to Earth 75 million years ago and stuffed them in a volcano.

After telling Bashir he wouldn't discuss "disgusting perversions" of the religion, Davis, with the camera still rolling, removed his microphone and stormed off the set. The dust-up was included in the piece.

But just 45 minutes before the segment was to air on Thursday, Davis showed up at ABC headquarters on West 67th Street and asked to speak to Bashir and the show's executive producer about the interview.

"He demanded to a security guard that he be let in," a network insider told Page Six. "The guard called 'Nightline' staffers down to come deal with him. He was told as politely as possible that the piece was cut and in the can and could not be changed and that Martin would be unable to see him. He was then asked to leave." Adds our source, "He was not happy."

On Sunday, it was reported that Oscar-winning "Crash" director Paul Haggis quit the church in a strongly worded letter to Davis over Scientology's support of the anti-gay marriage bill Proposition 8 in California.

Reps for both ABC and Scientology declined to comment.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Martin Bashir quietly led Tommy Davis to the gallows ... gently gave him enough rope and then let him hang himself.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he 'mentioned the unmentionable' and knew what the result was going to be.

The only thing that would have improved MB's intended end result would have been if Tommy had actually tripped and fallen over whilst untangling the mike and then became all vicious and snarly, like he normally does.

I just cannot believe that the cofs didn't know what was going to happen ... even the tiniest amount of research would have told them how Martin B operates (ie Michael Jackson interview).

:bait:

On top of this Martin Bashir was showing every other journalist how it's really done (Panorama and John Sweeney).

Martin Bashir knew he was doing just one interview (he knew he wouldn't get a second) and he also knows that he is an 'SP' (LOL) ... as all journalists are per the Hubbard policy (LOL again), so he did what a good SP does.

He did his job and did it well.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Martin Bashir quietly led Tommy Davis to the gallows ... gently gave him enough rope and then let him hang himself.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he 'mentioned the unmentionable' and knew what the result was going to be.

The only thing that would have improved MB's intended end result would have been if Tommy had actually tripped and fallen over whilst untangling the mike and then became all vicious and snarly, like he normally does.

I just cannot believe that the cofs didn't know what was going to happen ... even the tiniest amount of research would have told them how Martin B operates (ie Michael Jackson interview).

On top of this Martin Bashir was showing every other journalist how it's really done (Panorama and John Sweeney).

Martin Bashir knew he was doing just one interview (he knew he wouldn't get a second) and he also knows that he is an 'SP' (LOL) ... as all journalists are per the Hubbard policy (LOL again), so he did what a good SP does.

Journalists have made a career out of influencing public opinion, so they're better at it than Hubbard was -- and that's what he really had against them. IMHO.

Lynn

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Also, Martin Bashir's understated handling of the story was probably just enough to whet peoples' appetite. They'll want to know more, so they're probably googling "Scientology," even as we speak. Bwahahahahaha. :D

Lynn

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly, I thought of that myself a couple days ago. Maybe they think they were going to get sympathy by telling Tommy to storm off set? That's the kind of stuff DM would try to pull. Backfire is what it did if that was the case.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Exactly, I thought of that myself a couple days ago. Maybe they think they were going to get sympathy by telling Tommy to storm off set? That's the kind of stuff DM would try to pull. Backfire is what it did if that was the case.

It certainly did.

I do feel sorry for Tommy Davis ... no-one deserves what he must be going through ... he cops all the heat while the midget sits back and blames everyone else (I suspect).

:no:

OHTEEATE

CNN

I hope CNN reconsiders their piece to air, which is already in the can, but probably stale now that ABC beat them to the punch. Evidently, Anderson Cooper 'had his way' with poor Tommy, and Tommy found out the hard way, that these guys are pros who have their "tech" down cold. Come on Anderson Cooper 360, show us what you've got.

RosyGlass

Patron with Honors
It certainly did.

I do feel sorry for Tommy Davis ... no-one deserves what he must be going through ... he cops all the heat while the midget sits back and blames everyone else (I suspect).

:no:

Scuse me. Sorry for Tommy in his BMW driving over starving staff and looking the other way of enforced abortions of 14 year olds, or human trafficking, or ...?

Please please please understand it's not about Miscavige. It is about all those, like Tommy, that stand around and support his abusive insanity. It is those who support him. Period. :angry:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Scuse me. Sorry for Tommy in his BMW driving over starving staff and looking the other way of enforced abortions of 14 year olds, or human trafficking, or ...?

Please please please understand it's not about Miscavige. It is about all those,like Tommy, that stand around and support his abusive insanity. It is those who support him. Period. :angry:

Yes.

You are right ... I sometimes feel a bit sad for anyone who is still caught up in the whole thing.

But ... in the end what you say is true.

:)

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
I'm surprised that Paul Haggis would dump the cult over gay marriage when there are so many real injustices the cult is guilty of:

• Slavery
  • Fraud
  • Destroying Families
  • Destroying Lives
  • Murder
  • You name it, they probably did it.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm surprised that Paul Haggis would dump the cult over gay marriage when there are so many real injustices the cult is guilty of:

• Slavery
  • Fraud
  • Destroying Families
  • Destroying Lives
  • Murder

He does cite a number of these abuses in his resignation letter.

• Slavery
  • Fraud
  • Destroying Families
  • Destroying Lives
  • Murder

He stated numerous reasons, but his public apology to the Gay community for financially supporting an organization which lobbied against proposition 8 seemed to get the majority of media coverage.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I just think its great that more than just "disgruntled ex-staff" are coming forward and saying something. They can't keep hiding behind that "disgruntled ex-staff" statement forever. Haggis is not a disgruntled ex-staff member. And he calls them out on their lies.

Nobody singly can be credited for the work done in exposing Scn, its really a groups and team effort (with no leader... he he) and each person doing their little thing has helped.

Though I have never gone to the press or protested, still, if someone wants to know what its like inside, my story tells them a 30 year version, which I think helps in it's way.

And others speaking out have gotten people questioning what it is, and when they google, they find these sights and read the stories and find out for themselves.

So thaks to all.

And thanks to Tommy too. He is doing a GREAT job!:thumbsup:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From BlownForGood on WWP: :D

TIME TO JOG YOUR MEMORY TOMMY DAVIS
Tommy Davis, I am very disappointed that you chose to tell more lies when questioned about your toilet cleaning adventures in Clearwater, Florida after you blew from the whole BBC fiasco. So you really don’t remember blowing the Sea Org, going to Las Vegas for a week until you finally agreed to go to CW and do hard labor? Wow! I would have thought that this would have ranked high on your list of memorable moments.

Then you went onto say that you were not Tom Cruise’s handler and did not spend that much time with him! Wow, just wow! So I guess any average Sea Org member would spend time with Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and James Packer on vacation?

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Image:Cruisepacker.jpg

Hmmm. Okay, I can see how you are able to control your selective amnesia. I mean that is a big part of your job these days.

Maybe I can jog your memory a little bit. Maybe you were mixing up the last time you were in Clearwater doing hard labor punishment assignments with previous times.

Do you remember when you got busted off your job of working with Tom Cruise full time as his Scientology “handler” / assistant?

Remember when you got sent to Clearwater and were scrubbing the grease traps in the Clearwater Building kitchen? How about under the dishwasher and cleaning off all the corrosion on the plumbing. Remember how when you were in there cleaning and the song from Top Gun came on, I believe your precise words were, “How ironic!”

Maybe you will remember that while you were on your hands and knees scrubbing, pictures were being taken of you. Did you ever wonder WHY those pictures were being taken of you? Of course those pictures were for David Miscavige. He had to make sure that you were not messing around and was doing some REAL work for a change. Of course Ty Webb (D/IG MAA FLB RTC) and Anne Rathbun (D I/G FLB RTC) made sure that you did not get off easy. They had to find the dirtiest, most demeaning jobs in CW for you, and you had to suck it up and just do whatever they said. And then to have photos taken of you while doing it, surely you remember some of this?

Do you remember all the times you had been to Clearwater with Tom Cruise in the prior years, you stayed on the top floor of the Osceola right next to Tom Cruise’s room. Well I am sure you would remember when you got busted and you had the room at the Hacienda Gardens instead. Do you remember how you were sleeping in a room with a person whose sole duty and role in your life was to sleep in the same room on a bed DIRECTLY in front of the door to make sure you did not blow? Does this ring any bells?

Do you remember that the entire time you were in Clearwater, you had a full time watch with you everywhere, cleaning, taking a piss, eating, you name it?

How about this Tommy Davis – do you remember what the password on your laptop was at the time? How about, “You’re a killer”? Does that ring a bell Tommy? That’s right Tommy, I know more about you than your own mother!

Do you want to keep this going Tommy? What are you going to tell people about me? More lies? Of course I know about all your little meetings that you have been having all year. All for what? For what you are currently dealing with huh? Problem is that you are pretty much known as a liar, so your little meetings did more harm for you than good. And of course we know you’re Dave Miscavige’s personal puppet. You know those meetings that you had probably caused half the messes you are dealing with now.

I know the meetings weren’t your idea, but still you had them. And now you are having to do the mop up once again. The learning curve is pretty steep with you Tommy Davis.

You and I only have one thing in common Tommy. We both blew the Sea Org once. The only difference is that I am Blown for Good.

Until next time…
BFG

P.S. After you read the new BFG book Tommy, choose your words and actions very carefully.

• Slavery
  • Fraud
  • Destroying Families
  • Destroying Lives
  • Murder

I've been thinking about that and wondering how long he spent planning his exit. He may have felt he needed a provable, plausible reason which he could flash around in front of the public ---something which he could be truly indignant about, and would show what a moral person he is. If he had of used all the other crimes there may have been too much attention paid to the question "Why did you stay in for 30 -35? years with all that going on- you must have known about it". People can still ask him that question now, but they probably won't - he has made a big public gesture of his indignation and really punched home the point about what a good character he is. I suspect he had warnings the shit was really going to hit the fan, and he had to work out whether he was going to be dragged along with it or save his reputation. That is where all the celebs are now. They have to decide between their reputation and the cult now. They have to save themselves or be made to look like stupid cult victims and tainted with having benefited from special treatment partly through the abuse of so many others.

None of this is to suggest that Paul Haggis is not moral or a decent character. However decent he may be he has to deal with public perceptions. And actually, there is nothing wrong with asking of any of them, including the ones like Haggis and Travolta who people seem to respect:
"Why the hell did you not find all that information about the terrible things done by LRH and the COS. Many other scientologists managed to find it decades ago."