What's new

It's all in the State of Mind

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
For me, the most fascinating thing about the current state of Co$ is what it says about its leader. The current chaos around the cult is I believe an accurate reflection of the actual state of DM. And, as Scientology disappears up its own fundament in a spectacularly tragi-comic fashion, I suspect so too does Miscavige shrink further into His alternate universe surrounded by enemies real or imagined but all of His making.

The best examples of this are to be found in Scientology’s public utterances. Once upon a time, these were written and delivered by people with a reasonable grasp of reality. They could be understood by “wogs” and maybe even believed. But that was when there were layers of management and others between Hubbard and the average person on the street.

Increasingly, there’s no buffer for anybody between themselves and Miscavige when it comes to Scientology. I doubt anybody has this affliction worse than Marty Rathbun, as Miscavige rabidly seemingly singles him out for all the ills of Planet Scientology, judging by the amount of “attention” from the Co$ that Rathbun receives.

I suspect that most if not all “Justice” actions in the Co$ go via DM as well. We know He runs every org program as well as writes them Himself.

Yet it is also apparent in the “promotional” utterances of the Co$ - none of them make sense unless you view them from the point of view of a “dedicated Sea Org member.”

So every piece of promo for services, everything aimed at recruiting a new Scientologist or “recovering” a “disaffected” one, every lie told to an increasingly incredulous media – these only make sense to Miscavige and the sort of “deputy lickspittle” character around Miscavige – the “on-Purpose SO member.” Because there’s only these in Miscavige’s world besides His enemies. And His Most Supreme OT Up-Statness never speaks to the latter.

He only cowers from them.

Good twin

Floater
I dunno Scoots. It looks like your saying DM is blaming MR for the demise of the great plan to clear the planet. I've only seen it the other way around.

The reports of DM targeting MR are coming from MR. MR is clearly blaming DM, but I don't see the reverse. Has DM mentioned Marty in any events or published any documents on him as LRH did on David Mayo?

Sorry. DM may be crazy but the M&M show still takes the cake.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
<...snip>
Has DM mentioned Marty in any events or published any documents on him as LRH did on David Mayo?

Sorry. DM may be crazy but the M&M show still takes the cake.

Yes, he has GT. I think it was called Freedum Magazine, RFW, martyrathbunisasquirrel.com (or whatever it was called) and a whole buncha "confidential" briefings.
As regards who is craziest, I put my money on DM... oh, wait! I already did that with the GAT! :D

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
For me, the most fascinating thing about the current state of Co$ is what it says about its leader. The current chaos around the cult is I believe an accurate reflection of the actual state of DM. And, as Scientology disappears up its own fundament in a spectacularly tragi-comic fashion, I suspect so too does Miscavige shrink further into His alternate universe surrounded by enemies real or imagined but all of His making.

The best examples of this are to be found in Scientology’s public utterances. Once upon a time, these were written and delivered by people with a reasonable grasp of reality. They could be understood by “wogs” and maybe even believed. But that was when there were layers of management and others between Hubbard and the average person on the street.

Increasingly, there’s no buffer for anybody between themselves and Miscavige when it comes to Scientology. I doubt anybody has this affliction worse than Marty Rathbun, as Miscavige rabidly seemingly singles him out for all the ills of Planet Scientology, judging by the amount of “attention” from the Co$ that Rathbun receives.

I suspect that most if not all “Justice” actions in the Co$ go via DM as well. We know He runs every org program as well as writes them Himself.

Yet it is also apparent in the “promotional” utterances of the Co$ - none of them make sense unless you view them from the point of view of a “dedicated Sea Org member.”

So every piece of promo for services, everything aimed at recruiting a new Scientologist or “recovering” a “disaffected” one, every lie told to an increasingly incredulous media – these only make sense to Miscavige and the sort of “deputy lickspittle” character around Miscavige – the “on-Purpose SO member.” Because there’s only these in Miscavige’s world besides His enemies. And His Most Supreme OT Up-Statness never speaks to the latter.

He only cowers from them.

Excellent post, Scooter. I was just thinking to myself recently that one thing I feel is predictable is that David Miscavige will never do another broadly public media interview.

He is most certainly trapped within himself and with his true believer beaten slaves. His best offense is to retire.

Hey Davey, that's your out, man! Take it and run. Anything else won't be pretty. It's just gonna get uglier and uglier for you.

I'm sure he's feelin' the squeeze!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
The only difference between David Miscavige and L Ron Hubbard is the internet.

Doom

Lurking.
Yes, he has GT. I think it was called Freedum Magazine, RFW, martyrathbunisasquirrel.com (or whatever it was called) and a whole buncha "confidential" briefings.
As regards who is craziest, I put my money on DM... oh, wait! I already did that with the GAT! :D
:hysterical::hysterical:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
The only difference between David Miscavige and L Ron Hubbard is the internet.

So right! There is no way DM hide his conduct from the light of day like Hubbard did. Once again, I am reminded that communication is the universal solvent. Just like water pounding against a rock, exposing layer after layer, eroding it away to nothing, the communication enabled by the Internet is going to eat away at what DM is doing. What amazes me is that he appears to think he can still keep it a secret -- well away from the "water" as it were!!