What's new

I've been Burned, and I want repayment of money on account

Burned

Patron
:welcome: Burned, so glad you've made your way over to here! :cheers:

There are many good folk here as you may have figured, many who have gone throught the insane mazes of CoS as well. as for getting yer money back, or even what you have on account, go for it man!
There are several threads, here and @wwp, that address repayments, and members who are well versed on the procedures, using the search function is a newbies first priority imho. Go for it! Get every bloody cent ya can back!
All the best to ya, and yes, please do keep us curious ones posted on your progress too.
On a small aside, please don't be beating yourself up for getting taken in by LRonnie's illusion, you are not alone, let the anger out, get your shit together, get your money back, then decide whether to join the inoculation fray, or just fade into your own life, lurk to your heart's content, or just hang around and meet some fine people and yak away.

All the very best to ya! Live long and prosper, rem that the best things in life are free!

:cake: & :cheers:

Ogs

Edit> Oh yes, and stories! We lervs stories! :drama:

Thanks; I'll be letting the stories flow.

The most recent was incessant calls from a Flag reg wanting me to buy my entire Basics package; I kept on refusing and he kept badgering me. I went to my PO box one day and the clerk starts rolling out hand-trucks of boxes! That bastard (Michael somebody I believe) debited my account anyway and shipped the whole package! I blew up over the phone and got the account credited and all the boxes shipped back. What an a-hole.

Burned

Patron
Good for you! We ended up paying a lawyer $2000.00 to get all the money on account. Wish we had tried to get IAS money too. It is your money!

Keep us up to date on what scientology is doing these days with requests for repayments.

Welcome

It would be worth $2K if he/she could get it all back plus IAS Lifetimes (x2). I'm wondering if it needs to be a FL licensed attorney.

I'll definitely post my updates.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
It would be worth $2K if he/she could get it all back plus IAS Lifetimes (x2). I'm wondering if it needs to be a FL licensed attorney.

Welcome Burned

It would be a monumental achievement to get the IAS $ back we tried but to no success, we are in Australia, do push for your on account $ as that is easiest although I believe they were even refusing to refund that, we still have a daughter on staff at Flag and no sign of her coming out soon. Isn't it a slap in the face this whole LRH and con job thing?

You will do fine here enjoy the ride.

James

Burned

Patron
Welcome Burned

It would be a monumental achievement to get the IAS $ back we tried but to no success, we are in Australia, do push for your on account $ as that is easiest although I believe they were even refusing to refund that, we still have a daughter on staff at Flag and no sign of her coming out soon. Isn't it a slap in the face this whole LRH and con job thing?

You will do fine here enjoy the ride.

James

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder if the SP Times reporters would like to do a story on a repayment request? It could be a multi-part story detailing c of s tactics and how that conflicts with their IRS agreement. Could be compelling reading.:coolwink:

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your reply.

I wonder if the SP Times reporters would like to do a story on a repayment request? It could be a multi-part story detailing c of s tactics and how that conflicts with their IRS agreement. Could be compelling reading.:coolwink:

Not a bad idea!

We did have to sign an agreement not to step inside any org (who wants to do that) and we could not sue them in the future. First agreement they came up with would have muzzled us from talking bad about Scientology. We thought f### that. Our rights to free speech was more important then $18,000 on acct.

I'm sure treasury at flag is being overwhelmed with repayment requests. Lol

Good luck.

Burned

Patron
Ok; I've got the Waiver and Release notarized and ready to send. Does anyone have the email addresses of the appropriate terminals at Flag and Tampa?

Thanks for your reply.

If Sp times don't want to do it, it sounds just right for Village Voice!

Div6

Crusader
I am amazed and angry. I am starting to decompress and enjoy my mental freedom. I will keep our group informed.

I'm surprised I didn't blow during my nightmare of "out-int". Horrible headaches day after day, not allowed to take aspirin, and resulting in being Burned for 6 intensives of Int by Dynamics! And then my Italian (thick, thick accent) yelling at me in session: "you STILL hava a headache?".

WTF? Was this at FLAG???? As you decomp and have time, I'd love to hear the details of this one.....

Oh, and the SP times would likely be very interested in your Tale from the Ripped (off), seeing as how they dida wholr multipart piece on extreme fund raising...

Arthur Dent

Thanks for your reply.

I think this is a brilliant idea. Have them follow it blow-by-blow. It would be quite educational to the public. SP Times or Village Voice could do it!

And welcome, Burned!!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm surprised I didn't blow during my nightmare of "out-int". Horrible headaches day after day, not allowed to take aspirin, and resulting in being Burned for 6 intensives of Int by Dynamics! And then my Italian (thick, thick accent) yelling at me in session: "you STILL hava a headache?".

6 intensives! Wowser.

You might want to try my free IntExtStay module at PaulsRobot3. Int by Dynamics is a small subset of the IntExtStay by Groups Rundown. Link in signature.

Paul

WTF? Was this at FLAG???? As you decomp and have time, I'd love to hear the details of this one.....

Oh, and the SP times would likely be very interested in your Tale from the Ripped (off), seeing as how they dida wholr multipart piece on extreme fund raising...

Ummm...thats DECOMPRESS or DESTRESS, not decompse! :biggrin: Just sayin' (Don't scare the lurkers!) :flowers2:

The most recent was incessant calls from a Flag reg wanting me to buy my entire Basics package; I kept on refusing and he kept badgering me. I went to my PO box one day and the clerk starts rolling out hand-trucks of boxes! That bastard (Michael somebody I believe) debited my account anyway and shipped the whole package! I blew up over the phone and got the account credited and all the boxes shipped back. What an a-hole.

This is evidently a routine pattern of practice of committing financial fraud now. I wish just once somebody would call law enforcement and press charges! This is just so wrong! :grouch:

FoTi

Crusader

Before you spend $2,000.....check out Prepaid Legal AKA Legal Shield. It's only $17 a month to join .... no contract and you can call and talk with their lawyers and ask questions and they will write a letter for you if you want them to. You can also have them review the release you are signing before you send it back to the CoS. All of the above is included in the $17 a month along with some other nice services that they have. You sign up in whatever state you live in, but they have large attorney firms in every state in the U.S. and Canada so that wherever you have a problem there will be a firm that can address the problem.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board. Good luck on the money. Keep reading. it will all come together for you.

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors

When I was training at Flag after during the big Basics onslaught in 2008 or so, I remember hearing about an "accidental" debiting of someone's account for a Basics package. So if that wasn't yours, it happened more than once. Probably at 1:58pm on a Thursday... Jerks.

Burned

Patron
Thanks all,

Yeah the Int by Dynamics debacle was at fso.

Also, I had a severe heat stroke/heat exhaustion episodeon the purif at my local org. I told them I had a history and didn't want to do more that 2.5h in the sauna at a time. They insisted, and I felt like I was going to die! I passed out and couldn't move for quite a while, and it took me days to get my strength back.

I've got my waiver notarized and will be sending it in to the chaplain at fso for repayment of funds on account.

Outethicsofficer

Thanks all,

Yeah the Int by Dynamics debacle was at fso.

Also, I had a severe heat stroke/heat exhaustion episodeon the purif at my local org. I told them I had a history and didn't want to do more that 2.5h in the sauna at a time. They insisted, and I felt like I was going to die! I passed out and couldn't move for quite a while, and it took me days to get my strength back.

I've got my waiver notarized and will be sending it in to the chaplain at fso for repayment of funds on account.

Burned, what's that waiver you signed?

We sent in a demand for our money and expected it back...no waivers. It's your money! Another couple we assisted in getting $ back... $70,000...did the same and refused the C of $ waivers.

Sindy

Crusader
When I was training at Flag after during the big Basics onslaught in 2008 or so, I remember hearing about an "accidental" debiting of someone's account for a Basics package. So if that wasn't yours, it happened more than once. Probably at 1:58pm on a Thursday... Jerks.

It happened A LOT. Lots and lots of times.

Burned

Patron
Burned, what's that waiver you signed?

We sent in a demand for our money and expected it back...no waivers. It's your money! Another couple we assisted in getting $ back... $70,000...did the same and refused the C of $ waivers.

It's the Release and Waiver they provide.

Burned

Patron
It's the Release and Waiver they provide.

Does anyone have the Flag Chaplains email address for follow-up?

BTW, is anyone getting repayments without signing their Waiver?

Does anyone know who the correct terminal is at Tampa? Their email address?

Thanks all, I'll keep posting progress reports.