What's new

I've been Burned, and I want repayment of money on account

Burned

Patron
Hi All,

After finally allowing myself to read internet news on Scn, my eyes have been opened. There's overwhelming evidence from many credible sources of crimes, out-tech, and harassment. I think the Debbie Cook news was the clincher for me. I remember her from my many years as a Flag public.

I've posted some of my background in another newbie's thread. In short, I went clear at my local org, and then spent 23 years getting auditing and training, through OT preps, L's, etc. while living in the Tampa Bay area. I'm purposely being vague due to OSA lurkers and my upcoming demand for repayment (will mail this week). So I've been Burned for over $200K, and I want what's left on account returned, and I'll pursue it like a rabid pit bull (nothing against pit bulls!).

I've read the threads regarding letters, waivers, etc and will use that format. I'd like to know if anyone here has the email addresses of Flag's KOT, Chaplain and Treas Sec. for follow-up.

I can't believe I didn't listen to my common sense sooner!:duh: How many high-pressure reg cycles did I sit through; phone calls; ignoring the Lisa McPherson tragedy; ignoring the internet, protesters, friends and neighbors! I rarely would tell people I was a scn due to the constant flood of bad news in the SP Times. What a red flag! (pun intended):biggrin:

So I'm pissed off and a bit confused with a heavy mass inside my head due to my "stable" data being removed. I'm not quite sure which category of ex-scns I'm in; that will sort itself out over the coming weeks and months. I don't live in FL anymore and don't have family on staff or on lines anymore, so that makes it easier. It's actually quite a relief to think without consulting the lrh in my head! I can use some aftershave, take an aspirin, have a couple of beers without having to go to ethics and write up my ow's!:clap:

I very much like what you all have been posting, and feel at home here. Sanity!:thumbsup: I'll write more and keep all informed as to my repayment "cycle".

Maybe one day even the jargon will disappear.

Burned

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
Getting the jargon out of your head has been the hardest part for me.
But I'm getting there and have had a major stable win on it. :coolwink: Ha Ha.
But seriously, it's fun to start talking like a normal person again and
not have to use all the terminology anymore. Welcome Out !

Sindy

Crusader
Great post burned. I like your sense of humor. If you are able to send me a private message I can connect you up to someone who recently got a refund from Flag and that person can at least tell you what that person did (being vague with gender - screw off OSA).

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Burned, so glad you've made your way over to here! :cheers:

There are many good folk here as you may have figured, many who have gone throught the insane mazes of CoS as well. as for getting yer money back, or even what you have on account, go for it man!
There are several threads, here and @wwp, that address repayments, and members who are well versed on the procedures, using the search function is a newbies first priority imho. Go for it! Get every bloody cent ya can back!
All the best to ya, and yes, please do keep us curious ones posted on your progress too.
On a small aside, please don't be beating yourself up for getting taken in by LRonnie's illusion, you are not alone, let the anger out, get your shit together, get your money back, then decide whether to join the inoculation fray, or just fade into your own life, lurk to your heart's content, or just hang around and meet some fine people and yak away.

All the very best to ya! Live long and prosper, rem that the best things in life are free!

:cake: & :cheers:

Ogs

Edit> Oh yes, and stories! We lervs stories! :drama:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
:wave::welcome: Hell, Dude/Dudette - I burnt over a half million on the same shit 'cept I never even got close to "clear" and everyone said I audited like a baby buggy! :unsure::melodramatic:

That said, I am fine and hope you are too! :yes::thumbsup:

EP

FoTi

Crusader
Hi All,

After finally allowing myself to read internet news on Scn, my eyes have been opened. There's overwhelming evidence from many credible sources of crimes, out-tech, and harassment. I think the Debbie Cook news was the clincher for me. I remember her from my many years as a Flag public.

I've posted some of my background in another newbie's thread. In short, I went clear at my local org, and then spent 23 years getting auditing and training, through OT preps, L's, etc. while living in the Tampa Bay area. I'm purposely being vague due to OSA lurkers and my upcoming demand for repayment (will mail this week). So I've been Burned for over $200K, and I want what's left on account returned, and I'll pursue it like a rabid pit bull (nothing against pit bulls!).

I've read the threads regarding letters, waivers, etc and will use that format. I'd like to know if anyone here has the email addresses of Flag's KOT, Chaplain and Treas Sec. for follow-up.

I can't believe I didn't listen to my common sense sooner!:duh: How many high-pressure reg cycles did I sit through; phone calls; ignoring the Lisa McPherson tragedy; ignoring the internet, protesters, friends and neighbors! I rarely would tell people I was a scn due to the constant flood of bad news in the SP Times. What a red flag! (pun intended):biggrin:

So I'm pissed off and a bit confused with a heavy mass inside my head due to my "stable" data being removed. I'm not quite sure which category of ex-scns I'm in; that will sort itself out over the coming weeks and months. I don't live in FL anymore and don't have family on staff or on lines anymore, so that makes it easier. It's actually quite a relief to think without consulting the lrh in my head! I can use some aftershave, take an aspirin, have a couple of beers without having to go to ethics and write up my ow's!:clap:

I very much like what you all have been posting, and feel at home here. Sanity!:thumbsup: I'll write more and keep all informed as to my repayment "cycle".

Maybe one day even the jargon will disappear.

Burned

Welcome Burned.

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Good for you! We ended up paying a lawyer $2000.00 to get all the money on account. Wish we had tried to get IAS money too. It is your money!

Keep us up to date on what scientology is doing these days with requests for repayments.

Welcome

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB. I am so happy you read what others are saying. It's only a matter of time before the Cof$ goes down in flames. There are many websites speaking about abuses in the Cof$ but ESMB in my opinion is the BEST. I, like many others here, are getting a little tired of Marty Rathbun's Blog but I do feel his blog has been helpful in getting people to at least look.

Keep reading. You can look at any web sites now that you are out.

The internet is a wonderful thing isn't it? Hubbard and his mini me could never have predicted this and even if they could have with their super duper OT powers, they will never be able to suppress it as they had so successfully done to all of the individuals before the internet existed.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the freedom of being out, Burned.

I was wondering when some of the repercussions of Debbie's email would show up here. :yes:

Keep reading and exploring what the CoS was hiding from you. You will be amazed! :omg: ........and angry. :furious:

And you will find lots of new and old friends here. :grouphug:
They will more than make up for the ones that will disconnect from you when your repayment request arrives at Flag.

There are a couple of threads here on repayment requests by people who have been there, done that. Well worth looking at. Good luck with it.

Hope to hear more from you as you decompress and rejoin the real world.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB. I am so happy you read what others are saying. It's only a matter of time before the Cof$ goes down in flames. There are many websites speaking about abuses in the Cof$ but ESMB in my opinion is the BEST. I, like many others here, are getting a little tired of Marty Rathbun's Blog but I do feel his blog has been helpful in getting people to at least look.

Keep reading. You can look at any web sites now that you are out.

The internet is a wonderful thing isn't it? Hubbard and his mini me could never have predicted this and even if they could have with their super duper OT powers, they will never be able to suppress it as they had so successfully done to all of the individuals before the internet existed.

Hubbard would be having an apoplectic fit! Guaranteed.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Best of luck getting the money back, have fun with it when you get it. Make sure you buy some aftershave and anything else you've been deprived of.

Burned

Patron
:wave::welcome: Hell, Dude/Dudette - I burnt over a half million on the same shit 'cept I never even got close to "clear" and everyone said I audited like a baby buggy! :unsure::melodramatic:

That said, I am fine and hope you are too! :yes::thumbsup:

EP

Half a mil! Coulda been worse I guess. I am fine, and I thank you for your well-wishes. I've got a lot more time now that I don't feel compelled to spend 1-2h/day on the Basics. I can actually thinki as I wish!

Thanks for your replies all.

Burned

Patron
Welcome to the freedom of being out, Burned.

I was wondering when some of the repercussions of Debbie's email would show up here. :yes:

Keep reading and exploring what the CoS was hiding from you. You will be amazed! :omg: ........and angry. :furious:

And you will find lots of new and old friends here. :grouphug:
They will more than make up for the ones that will disconnect from you when your repayment request arrives at Flag.

There are a couple of threads here on repayment requests by people who have been there, done that. Well worth looking at. Good luck with it.

Hope to hear more from you as you decompress and rejoin the real world.

I am amazed and angry. I am starting to decompress and enjoy my mental freedom. I will keep our group informed.

I'm surprised I didn't blow during my nightmare of "out-int". Horrible headaches day after day, not allowed to take aspirin, and resulting in being Burned for 6 intensives of Int by Dynamics! And then my Italian (thick, thick accent) yelling at me in session: "you STILL hava a headache?".