What's new

Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's a good post from one of the attorney's over at the Bunker (posted earlier this morning):

t1kk 4 hours ago
Scientology's lawyers' theory of the case is that months-long surveillance of Marty Luther was warranted because Marty, by his internet and real-world activity (offering auditing services), represents a significant enough threat to the Church of Scientology to merit such extraordinary attention, *yet* the ecclesiastical leader of said church, David Miscavige, has little to no interest in Marty Luther because Mr. Miscavige is too busy, for instance, appearing in documentaries explicitly produced to be viewed by Texas judges overseeing harassment suits brought by the wife of Marty Luther.

This leaves a logical hole in the Scientology narrative because it begs the question who is actually directing/managing/overseeing this particular bit of relentless harassm--er, first amendment activity. They need a Who to patch the logical gap in order to plausibly explain why Marty is, on one hand, important enough to merit serial harassment of his wife, and on the other, unimportant enough that David Miscavige has barely heard of all this despite his minute-to-minute micromanagement of similar recent projects. But there is no other Who, and 15 attorneys can't fill this gaping abyss of unreason and illogic.

Ms. B. Haven 2 hours ago
"They need a Who to patch the logical gap in order to plausibly explain…"

The Who will be easy to find. Just look to see Who is thrown under the bus. Of course this won't be the real Who, but it will be good enough to offer the Kool-Aid connoisseurs and maybe squeeze a few more sympathy bucks out of the masses to fend of this Psych/Big Pharma backed attack on Captain Blackheart.

t1kk 2 hours ago
It's not nearly so easy, b/c the Who cannot be someone who can be plausibly viewed as an agent of Miscavige. A number of people speculate about Laurisse being thrown under the bus but for the purposes of this particular legal issue, such a tactic wouldn't help him.

That does not mean that Laurisse's actions, if, hypothetically, they were illegal, necessarily renders Miscavige liable; but for jurisdictional purposes, an agent with apparent but not actual authority can be a sufficient basis for personal jurisdiction. There's probably a Texas case suggesting a similar principle, but in New York there's FORD v. UNITY HOSP., 39 A.D.2d 569 (N.Y. App. Div., 2d Dep't. 1972) (unauthorized act in NY by foreign agent held to be sufficient basis for personal jurisdiction).

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
LOL, Here's a shoop posted on the Bunker, created by Observer:

pS09AtA.jpg

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish that Tobuscus would do a song parody on this whole Scientology anti-SLAPP tomfoollery and post it to Youtube.

The results would be viral hits up the whazoo and then some.

Rd00

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember when Hubbard said: "Someday someone will try to make Scientology illegal. Make sure we decide what is legal when that day comes!"
I believe the exact quote is: "Someday someone will say all of this is illegal. Make sure by then the orgs decide what is legal and what is not."

Helena, still nitpicking

Lone Star

Crusader
Isn't there something supposed to be ruled on today? No info anyone?

Initially I thought the Judge would rule on the anti-SLAPP motion today, but I misunderstood. The CSI and RTC attorneys had until noon today to respond to a formal request for more discovery made by Ray Jeffrey yesterday. The Judge will probably rule on this by Wednesday I would think. It also looks like the next hearing is on the 22nd now rather than the 24th.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is amazing what can happen when a Billion dollar cabal of corporations can try to do when a married lady asks the justice system to be free from harrassment by said corporations. The corporations whine and ask the court system to protect them from having a day in court because they can't even afford a legal team. This must be one very powerful rich lady.

Glad ESMB is back online. Since COB is such an underdog, maybe he can come here so we all can help him out of his misery. Poor little thing.

Last edited:

Mythbluster

Patron
Postcard from Cap'n B!!!

A postcard has just arrived by carrier-parrot! Text transcribed as the crayon had smudged:

Avast m'hearties!

Tis I! Mr. Captain. Mustsavage. Blackheart. Scientology's... eh-greasyasstickle(?)* leader and, notwithstanding, lest we forget, supreme roolah (excluding Texas) of the most ethical, and furthermore, unflubbable spiritual pirates on the 7 billion seas of the whole-track, and, as if that wasn't enough, the only person (including LRH himself!) to facilitate bridge delivery exactly as LRH intended!!!

Writing to let you know I won't be able to pop in for a chat any time soon as my elite spiritual crew and I have just set sail on a highly religious, worldwide expedition, to hunt down the remaining whales and harvest their bounty; furthermore to thoroughly (and religiously) club any still conscious seals we encounter along the way.

The attached map is for the Jefferson brothers, starting point is the spot we had that lovely picnic in Hemmet last year. Your retainers and generous Blackheart bonus are in the pictured chest, buried at the kings (me) X

Much hate.

Blackheart

*please excuse spelling, struggling as i recently had to send Lou to the brigg when I found out about those unauthorised pottymouth messages she sent to my good buddy Tommy!
nMo9OoZ.jpg

1PCJ7iV.jpg

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I saw in the last couple of hours COB's deposition has been proposed as Jan 29th? I should have copied a link to where I saw that. ohhh there it is...right at the top of this scribd page

damn it I can't copy and paste since sometime yesterday.. and it is not soley related to ESMB I have used other sites to test it between them and I can't do it there either.

Soooo..

Typing it out

From Scribd Doc 198568466

Published by Tony Ortega

Scientology moves to quash the deposition of David Miscavige, which Monique Rathbun had asked to happen on January 29

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I saw in the last couple of hours COB's deposition has been proposed as Jan 26th? 29th? I should have copied a link to where I saw that.

When I read that date, I think the little psychopath will have to come up with something....based upon Hubbard's maxim:

Day 2, page 23, Clearwater Commission Hearings, L Ron Hubbard's son speaking under oath: http://www.lermanet.com/82cwcommission/2-021-040.htm

"my father always felt that he was above the law because he had created the law. He created whatever rules, regulations, and laws to be lived by. There was only one sin in Scientology, which was repeated to me at least a few thousand times, which is, getting caught."

and this gem...

"My father asked me to steal an H-Bomb"

(Hydrogen Nuclear Bomb) Ron DeWolfe, under penalty of perjury, 1982 Clearwater Hearings

Give a psychopath unlimited funds and amazing things become possible...

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
The BlackHeart meme is a trap.:omg: Adopt it at risk to our cause.:omg:

I am disappointed that Ortega is falling for this.

TG1

Angelic Poster
What do you think the danger of "Blackheart" is? (I don't even think it'll become a serious meme, by the way.)

I also don't think Ricardo Cedillo uttered that with any great meaning or significance.

But what are your thoughts about it?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
What do you think the danger of "Blackheart" is? (I don't even think it'll become a serious meme, by the way.)

I also don't think Ricardo Cedillo uttered that with any great meaning or significance.

It's a 3-Day Meme. Just an in-joke for critics, that's about all. It's irrelevant to anything. It really doesn't have the cool-fun of a viral meme because the lawyer was just tossing off a hypothetical and even the word "BlackHeart" is not fun to say. LOL

Slappy is more fun to say.

Tom Cruise acting all cult crazy (on a KSW video) is plenty good fun to watch.

Squirrelbusters with Headcams are also way fun to watch.

SouthPark Xenu is fun to watch.

A cornered & desperate COB leaping out of the witness box and trying to punch Ray Jeffrey would be a good & fun meme. LOL

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I'd like to think he uttered it as a hint that even he thinks the fake navy routine is embarrassing beyond belief (and pirates would have been more apt) but it is more likely to have just been a very funny (to us) slip of the tongue ... I can't see how it could viewed as a trap though.

:biggrin:

I haven't seen/heard it on video, (i have trouble with RuTube) but someone said it was repeated several times. I am curious about why it was repeated several times. It sounds like the sort of thing a lawyer would never slip on by saying it even once. So it sounds like it was supposed to "impinge". I wonder why it was used at all and why the repetition.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It's a 3-Day Meme. Just an in-joke for critics, that's about all. It's irrelevant to anything. It really doesn't have the cool-fun of a viral meme because the lawyer was just tossing off a hypothetical and even the word "BlackHeart" is not fun to say. LOL

Dear HH

I'll report you for applying Hoaxology as a dilettante and with reasonableness
We are not in a ''funny'' business !

Pink sheet on:
KHW!

:grouch:

I'd like to think he uttered it as a hint that even he thinks the fake navy routine is embarrassing beyond belief (and pirates would have been more apt) but it is more likely to have just been a very funny (to us) slip of the tongue ... I can't see how it could viewed as a trap though.

:biggrin:

I think the exact words were "....he has a blackheart..."
"He is a blackheart would be safer if it was supposed to be reference to a fictional? character because DM cannot be somebody else, so the humour would be more explicit, but "is a blackheart" can be separated from other characters completley. I don't have any strong memories with a "Blackheart" character from stories -perhaps very vague ones so the phrase to me hits me more as a direct reference to a persons character, although it is obviously an old fashioned way to do it. I am quite fascinated with this bit from the court.

It seems there is now a regular pattern of 'admission' or whatever it is, where bad things that never would have been conceded before, are being conceded. One of them was when they conceded that they did actually go after Mosey - but it was because....etc. Then there was the concession that it was COS entities....CSI or whoever...(but not DM).Now this Blackheart thing. That bleach they are using will reach the darkest stains if this continues.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I heard Cedillo use the phrase on Mike Bennitt's video in Judge Waldrip's courtroom last week. Cedillo sort of stumbled over the word, I thought, a bit like he was grasping for a phrase. I don't think it was a carefully considered utterance.

EDIT: Admittedly, from Day One, the Church's legal team has used the "even if we had done that or we did do that ..." defense to Mosey's complaints, citing case law that excuses specific acts that support their litigation theories.

However, remember that Ray also gets to cite other case law that addresses other aspects of the Church's abuses and harassment of Mosey that are pertinent -- like the Squirrelbusters' avowed and expressed intentions to cause her distress, which no First Amendment right to expression excuses or permits.