What's new

Jan Eastgate - presumed innocent

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
So, with all your knowledge and know how, why did you post this thread?

I've seen a number of recent posts referring to the Jan Eastgate allegations as if they were fact. This is unfortunate, as I've stated:

* It exposes the posters to libel suits - from Eastgate and Scienology Inc
* It exposes the boards to libel suits - from Eastgate and Scienology Inc
* It creates a difficult situation for the prosecution, when the defense can argue witnesses have been tampered with

As I've said, I could care less to disabuse the ignorance of people outside Australia.

I'm concerned though that denial of Eastgate the presumption of innocence within Australia may hurt the cause of dismantling Scientology's abuses.

freethinker

Sponsor
You really think the church is going to attempt to do any of those things as if they had a legal standing?

Do you know what witness tampering is?
I've seen a number of recent posts referring to the Jan Eastgate allegations as if they were fact. This is unfortunate, as I've stated:

* It creates a difficult situation for the prosecution, when the defense can argue witnesses have been tampered with

As I've said, I could care less to disabuse the ignorance of people outside Australia.

I'm concerned though that denial of Eastgate the presumption of innocence within Australia may hurt the cause of dismantling Scientology's abuses.

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
You really think the church is going to attempt to do any of those things as if they had a legal standing?

It's perfectly possible. Particularly as "the purpose of a law suit is not to win but harass".

Do you know what witness tampering is?
No. I just use words I don't know what they mean for the fun of it.

I mean tamper as commonly understood, as in, to interfere with their testimony. If you want the definition per the Crimes Act, I'd have to look it up.

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors

Speaking then... of the ignorance of the people...: if you are being honest, 'you' are being ignorant. And if you are being dis-honest, 'you' are being ignorant (and arrogant).

Do the math.

It doesn't look good (for you). As it doesn't look good for Jan (either).

Apocalyptic

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
Speaking then... of the ignorance of the people...: if you are being honest, 'you' are being ignorant. And if you are being dis-honest, 'you' are being ignorant (and arrogant).

Do the math.

It doesn't look good (for you). As it doesn't look good for Jan (either).

Apocalyptic

Unless you care to point out *where* I'm being ignorant, it's just an ad hom. Water off a duck's back old bean.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

It does not expose the board.

AS for a "libel" suit - Once again you seem to be puffing up OSA - it is not easy either to file a libel suit nor to prosecute one.

You are pursuing a total red herring - as to why you are doing only you would know. There is absolutely no requirement under common law for a general "presumption of innocence" where on earth did you get this from? There is only the requirement that someone serving on a jury realize that the prosecution must prove the defendant guilty - it is not up to the defendant to prove his or her innocence.

Eastgate has been accused of a heinous and unspeakable crime, she has been named as someone who persuaded and bullied a child into covering up sexual molestation and the victim has sworn out that statement as has a witness.

Thats just a recitation of the facts.

I would stop quaking in your boots if I were you and worry about something real instead of some manufactured worry.

Terril park

Sponsor
Default Re: Jan Eastgate - presumed innocent

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker:-

" You really think the church is going to attempt to do any of those things as if they had a legal standing?"

Clamsource:-

"It's perfectly possible. Particularly as "the purpose of a law suit is not to win but harass"."

Weird.

freethinker

Sponsor
I'd like to see how far harrasing gets them in Austrailia. I would bet not very far.

" You really think the church is going to attempt to do any of those things as if they had a legal standing?"

"It's perfectly possible. Particularly as "the purpose of a law suit is not to win but harass"."

Weird.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

* It exposes the posters to libel suits - from Eastgate and Scientology Inc
* It exposes the boards to libel suits - from Eastgate and Scientology Inc

"Contaminated" may have been a better choice of word.

I knew Phoebe when these "alleged" events first transpired----it all happened right under my nose while I was in blissful ignorance. I didn't even know that Carmen existed at that time.

Some years later, via connections that I shan't publicise, I became aware of the abuse but still unaware of the potential Defendant's role in the affair.

With all apologies to Carmen, does anyone understand just how betrayed I feel? Or how guilty because of ignorant complicity?

As requested in the OP, please do watch what is said that may affect a future Jury.

RPX

Jump

Operating teatime

Weird.

Hubbard is weird for saying that?

I agree. :thumbsup:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Clamsource, you have posted across 3 threads now about Jan Eastgate's presumed innocence. She is certainly not innocent, although we do not know what legal fanagalling will eventually effect the outcome of the court action.

I would, however, question your motives in trying to stop all conversation on this board about Jan Eastgate's interference with a young girl's attempts to seek justice for the pedophile that molested her.

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
I think a court will determine whether she's innocent or guilty.

Anything said otherwise is only prejudicial to the proceedings, ill advised, and actionable by both CoS and Eastgate.

I raise it to stop people saying stupid things that suggest otherwise.

Mods, I'm flagging the above post for your attention as an (alleged) terms of use violation.

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Anything said otherwise is only prejudicial to the proceedings, ill advised, and actionable by both CoS and Eastgate.

Mods, I'm flagging the above post for your attention as an (alleged) terms of use violation.

Can we have a click-on for LOL ?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jump - are you within the Australian jurisdiction?

Seriously, this must be a joke or one pathetic, desperate OSA ploy. In OSA land opinions are actionable by the court or they would have you believe in order to shut you up about Scientology protecting kiddie diddlers.

How about this, Jan Eastgate (aka Janet Meyer) is a nasty piece of work that did her utmost to protect a kiddy rapist from being brought to justice just to protect her precious UFO cult.

Not only that following, "LRH tech" EASTGATE made the child who was raped apologize to her rapist for being "abberated" on the 2nd dynamic. What a sick fuck JAN EASTGATE (aka Jan Meyer) is and I can't wait until the whole world gets to hear how she throws child rape victims under the bus and makes them apologize for being raped to their rapist all in the name of Scientology ethics and the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics.

Jan Eastgate (aka Janet Meyer) protects kiddie rapists in the name of Scientology. Scientology protects and covers up child abuse and child sexual abuse in order to avoid bad PR and media.

Hilarious when you think how soiled Scientology's reputation already is with the public, everyone can tell if a Scientologist Spokeperson is lying just because their mouth is moving. The Church of Scientology is a joke worldwide and everyone thinks its a loony, sinister cult that believes everyone is haunted by space cooties sticking to their soul. Yet by protecting kiddie rapists the cult thinks they are protecting some stellar public image. LOL

BTW I'm in the USA, blow jurisdiction out your wazoo.

P.S. The cult is trying the desperate ploy of having Jan's maiden name (Meyer) used in the media and court documents so that her evil deeds aren't tied to "JAN EASTGATE FREEDOM MEDAL WINNER" but it's not hard to remind everyone Jan Eastgate = Jan Meyer = protects kiddie rapists and is a Scientology Freedom Medal winner.

Last edited:

BC1

Patron with Honors

It makes me smile to see COS members reading this board.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It makes me smile to see COS members reading this board.

Yes.

And every time one posts to a thread on the subject of Jan Eastgate and protecting rapists, whatever is said, it bumps the thread in Google as well as here and makes it more prominent. You get what you validate. Remember? (PDC lectures.)

So, by all means keep posting, CofS peeps. :)

Paul

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Lol!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
For the sick and corrupt 'Church' this situation is like a bath full of ping-pong balls - you try to push them under the water, but for every one you push under, another one pops up.

Lovely!

Seriously, this must be a joke or one pathetic, desperate OSA ploy. In OSA land opinions are actionable by the court or they would have you believe in order to shut you up about Scientology protecting kiddie diddlers.

How about this, Jan Eastgate (aka Janet Meyer) is a nasty piece of work that did her utmost to protect a kiddy rapist from being brought to justice just to protect her precious UFO cult.

Not only that following, "LRH tech" EASTGATE made the child who was raped apologize to her rapist for being "abberated" on the 2nd dynamic. What a sick fuck JAN EASTGATE (aka Jan Meyer) is and I can't wait until the whole world gets to hear how she throws child rape victims under the bus and makes them apologize for being raped to their rapist all in the name of Scientology ethics and the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics.

Jan Eastgate (aka Janet Meyer) protects kiddie rapists in the name of Scientology. Scientology protects and covers up child abuse and child sexual abuse in order to avoid bad PR and media.

Hilarious when you think how soiled Scientology's reputation already is with the public, everyone can tell if a Scientologist Spokeperson is lying just because their mouth is moving. The Church of Scientology is a joke worldwide and everyone thinks its a loony, sinister cult that believes everyone is haunted by space cooties sticking to their soul. Yet by protecting kiddie rapists the cult thinks they are protecting some stellar public image. LOL

BTW I'm in the USA, blow jurisdiction out your wazoo.

P.S. The cult is trying the desperate ploy of having Jan's maiden name (Meyer) used in the media and court documents so that her evil deeds aren't tied to "JAN EASTGATE FREEDOM MEDAL WINNER" but it's not hard to remind everyone Jan Eastgate = Jan Meyer = protects kiddie rapists and is a Scientology Freedom Medal winner.