Janet Reitman Exposes C of $ TONIGHT LIVE:: Please Join

The more I listen to Reitman, the more I am convinced she doesn't get it. Just one example: she repeats cult apologist John Melton's PR-fed assertion that Xenu is a metaphor. Utter bollocks. As per Scientology's Axioms and as per the specific instructions, a Scientologist must "as-is" the Xenu story before being able to commence clearing body thetans. Thinking of the Xenu story as a metaphor means that you have M/Us, Missed Withholds and/or Overts. The entire tech is designed to reduce a person's cognitive functioning down to such a state that they will accept the Xenu story as fact. Most annoyingly, Reitman spouts the false division between the belief system and the organisation. What's missing from that perspective is the simple fact that without the tech the organisation could never have been (and still is) sustained.

Wouldn't surprise me to subsequently learn the book was actually ghost written by Rathbun.

I have still got a lot of listening and reading to do but the little point that Reitman makes that she does not want to call scientology a cult seems stupid to me. AFAIK she claims the term is too loaded. Seems like BS. I get the idea she thinks it may take the shine off the reputation she is establishing as an "objective" writer. IMO a serious writer is not afraid to call a spade a spade. Not to do so is worse than a silly posture.

My wife had even less respect for Janet, with all of her waffeling around. She was ready to bail when Karen drew a real line in the sand. That got her interest.

IMO, the big justifier, we'll clean up the SP's later on, makes it ok for these nimrods to ignore the reality of what the church is doing. Though that wasn't my justifier, I was completely blind to any of the abuses going on. I think mine was along these lines - it is their hat to handle it - though I was always wondering about those 10 pm + calls on the west coast from Flag - how the hell coulld staff do that? When did they sleap?

Lets hope the next author has more cahones. And anyone who has done 3 knows, what ever it is, it ain't no damn metaphor.

Mimsey, former Ronbot

My wife had even less respect for Janet, with all of her waffeling around. She was ready to bail when Karen drew a real line in the sand. That got her interest.

IMO, the big justifier, we'll clean up the SP's later on, makes it ok for these nimrods to ignore the reality of what the church is doing. Though that wasn't my justifier, I was completely blind to any of the abuses going on. I think mine was along these lines - it is their hat to handle it - though I was always wondering about those 10 pm + calls on the west coast from Flag - how the hell coulld staff do that? When did they sleap?

Lets hope the next author has more cahones. And anyone who has done 3 knows, what ever it is, it ain't no damn metaphor.

Mimsey, former Ronbot

Any more juice on this? "....She was ready to bail when Karen drew a real line in the sand....." It leaves me wondering.......

Veda

Sponsor
I have still got a lot of listening and reading to do but the little point that Reitman makes that she does not want to call scientology a cult seems stupid to me.

-snip-

It's beyond stupid. It's fatal.

Most anyone involved in Scientology in the 1960s and 1970s knew that Scientology really wasn't a religion, and it was considered comical to see another Scientologist dressed in a minister's outfit with clerical collar.

The "religion angle" and "religious cloaking" (both terms originating from Scientology), speak to Scientology's fraudulent use of "religion" as protective cover.

If anything is a cult, Scientology is a cult.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

anyone who has done 3 knows, what ever it is, it ain't no damn metaphor.

-snip-

Yep.

Lying is a Scientology sacrament.

And while it sometimes appears that Scientology is forever embarrassing itself with its lies, the relentless practice of lying pays off. It "works." Not all the time, but some of time, and that's enough.

So 3 is a metaphor and Scientology is not a cult but a religion.

Everyone nod your heads:yes:, you've been "handled."

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yep.

Lying is a Scientology sacrament.

And while it sometimes appears that Scientology is forever embarrassing itself with its lies, the relentless practice of lying pays off. It "works." Not all the time, but some of time, and that's enough.

So 3 is a metaphor and Scientology is not a cult but a religion.

Everyone nod your heads:yes:, you've been "handled."

With greater distance, it becomes apparent that the sacrament of lying in Scientology is profusely threaded throughout the seemingly innocuous scripture.

EXAMPLE: "Never fear to harm another in a just cause."

With that, not-lying becomes cowardly, not to mention unethical.

When did you ever once hear hear a Scientology reg say: "I advised him NOT to max out his credit cards and get a 3rd mortgage on his house because I feared he would go bankrupt."

Instead, the reg's sat there smiling with supreme knowingness and lying their asses off about what magnificent miraculous magic would manifest if the "prospect" would simply forfeit all his money.

And who was the biggest liar of them all? Why it was Ronnie. For proof of that read the "BASIC BOOKS" which are virtually wall-to-wall lies about what Dianetics and Scientology could do for a human being.

Gadfly

Crusader
And who was the biggest liar of them all? Why it was Ronnie. For proof of that read the "BASIC BOOKS" which are virtually wall-to-wall lies about what Dianetics and Scientology could do for a human being.

Now, give old Hubturd a break. He simply exagerrated the statements and claims of his "ideals" a bit . . . . (sarcasm)

:hysterical:

But, really, as any card-carrying Free-Zoner "knows", Ronnie's intentions were pure and noble! NOT! :no: