What's new

Janet Reitman interview (Radio) ........Listen Live in 15 Minutes!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-Media-Reports&p=644666&viewfull=1#post644666

EDIT: This interview aired earlier today. You can listen to it here:
http://www.scpr.org/programs/madele...-scientology-complaints-from-within-the-chur/

The Church of Scientology is no stranger to bad press. Critics call it a cult. And former members say the Church's leader, David Miscavige, is mismanaging the organization. Now Scientology is facing another PR crisis. This time, from the inside. A former high ranking member of the church, Debbie Cook, has blasted Miscavige in an email sent to 12,000 followers. It's rare for someone at this level to make such a public criticism. Janet Reitman joins the show to explain why it matters. She's the author of the book, "Inside Scientology - The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion."

Last edited:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I listened. . . liked what I heard, but sure wish he would have given her more time. . . .

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I listened. . . liked what I heard, but sure wish he would have given her more time. . . .

Yeah, she only really had about 10 minutes, but better than nothing.

I liked the analogy they made repeatedly. The host of the show said he thought that the Big Blue complex in Los Angeles was the "scientology vatican". :biggrin:

Then later, when Janet Reitman was trying to get across how important the email from Debbie Cook was she said "Debbie Cook was like a cardinal", and that she was the "truest of the true believers".

Miscavige was referred to as the "pope of the church". :biggrin::biggrin:

Also, the host of the show confirmed that the station invited the CoS to provide a guest, which they declined to do.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, and I liked how Janet came across - -she didn't seem angry, or like she had an ax to grind. She talked about things very matter-of-factly, respecting the "true believers", not belittling them, just stating the facts. I also liked how she stressed what a credible person Debbie Cook is, that she isn't out to destroy the church but to "fix" it.