What's new

Janet Reitman's "Inside Scientology" named in Top Ten Books for 2011

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The San Francisco Chronicle included this entry for the Top Five Non-Fiction books of 2011:

Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion, by Janet Reitman (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; $28). Reitman lets the facts speak for themselves in her authoritative and absorbing book.

Here's the link if you'd like to see what the rest of the books are: :coolwink:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/23/RV2M1M8I63.DTL

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
This is a very good new :clap:

People are interested in ''entheta'' and to know what's going on with this cult :thumbsup:

Good twin

Floater
I love this book. It's helped me unravel even more of the crap. It's definitely MY top book of 2011. I'm thrilled to hear it's doing well. Janet Reitman tells the story as a journalist but not a sensationalist.

:congratulations:

Sindy

Crusader
I love this book. It's helped me unravel even more of the crap. It's definitely MY top book of 2011. I'm thrilled to hear it's doing well. Janet Reitman tells the story as a journalist but not a sensationalist.

:congratulations:

Same here, great book.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Is this book actually worth buying and reading if you've been around the "Scientology expose" stuff for years? Is it just more of the same? Or is there anything new?

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and I'm thinking of getting the eBook.

Feral

Rogue male
:lol:

This is great news, her unbiased reporting has paid her dividends.

I love the summation:

Reitman lets the facts speak for themselves in her authoritative and absorbing book.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Is this book actually worth buying and reading if you've been around the "Scientology expose" stuff for years? Is it just more of the same? Or is there anything new?

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and I'm thinking of getting the eBook.

I think it's good. She brings together so many facts, bits we had read here and there... and bits I hadn't seen, quite comprehensive. I bought the hardback and I'm glad I did.