What's new

Jason Beghe - The full interview!!!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Totally and completely awesome. I got thru most of it in one shot - playing computer games helped.

Jason Beghe says so many of the exact same things I've said. And the Congresses got him out - didn't exactly get me out, but got me looking, especially with the promo reading "Everyones listening, are you?" "F NO, not if everyone is doing it." And I never did listen to them. I started to wonder if they had been altered from the original lectures.

I'm glad he is speaking up.

So, Jason, if you read hear, thanks for telling your story. And thank you to the people that took the time to create the video.:cheerleader: :wow: :clap:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
OK, I've now watched all eight parts. My comments:

1. Right at the end of video #8 he mentions his "english" he's been talking. He's using this definition: "(sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist", in other words the "spin" he was putting (or trying not to put) on what he was saying. I just mention this as a word-clearing kind of thing, as it is not a common usage. :)

2. As as guy, I would have much preferred this as a transcript, so I could have got through it three or four times as fast. For a girl, at least you get to look at a good-looking guy (I assume). Maybe have a male audio version with some interesting graphics, as the current video is simply a talking head. Videographer technical comment: next time, please, please, don't shoot a backlit scene without lights on the main subject!!! The background was perfectly exposed and the main subject was dark throughout. You must know this kind of stuff, it is Lighting 100 1/2.

3. He said that the six-month sec checks have been cancelled as "an arbitrary". Omitting the whole heap of possible commentary on *that*, I've got a question: Is that right? Are the 6-month checks on Solo NOTs now history? I hadn't heard that before.

4. Personally, I didn't really learn anything new, or get a different viewpoint on anything, but I'm not exactly new to the ex-Scientology thing. For someone else, it could be very valuable hearing about the real scene from a celebrity who's been there and done it.

5. He mentioned he could say a whole lot about L-10, not a good action for him. I would be interested in reading those comments if he ever gets around to making them.

6. Oh, another technical point. It is weird having 95% of the sound (Jason) in the right channel only, with the interviewer's 5% coming out of the left channel. It would be better mixed in mono. It's not like the separation is needed to help the viewer determine who is speaking.

So overall, if I had the chance of doing the whole two hours of my life over again that I spent on that interview, I would spend the time reading the (non-existent) transcript--which may never exist as it is a lot of work to transcribe two hours of continual speech--but not watching the video. Unless I was gay, maybe. Or a chick. :)

Paul

Your 'handle' is so correct.

Poo - poo one of the best vehicles for the ESMB viewpoint to come down the pike ever, will ya?

Art critic, are ya?

Wouldn't be happy hung with a new rope, would ya?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Encore!

I've just finished watching the complete interview.

Wow!!! What he said.

What a breath of fresh air. As many have stated here already, Jason has seen and felt (and now openly acted on) things I have seen and felt (but only voiced under cover of this and other message boards).

He is an amazing individual and I'm exhilarated he chose to do and post the video interview - a grand slam and more for our side!

And well done to Mark Bunker and xenu.tv for setting up, recording and posting the interview, at the end overcoming large obstacles to get it done.

And Tory as well - gracing it with her presence.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Your 'handle' is so correct.

Poo - poo one of the best vehicles for the ESMB viewpoint to come down the pike ever, will ya?

Art critic, are ya?

Wouldn't be happy hung with a new rope, would ya?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Variety is the spice of life. :)

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But Jason is still very good to linsten at. :thumbsup:

He's OK, but for a talking-head guy (not Marina :)) to hold my interest for two hours straight the subject matter had better be exceptional.

The variety I was referring to was my less-than-rapturous critique.

Paul

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow, Jason, are you ever BRAVE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bet DM himself is at your door trying to 'Recover You' lol.

You will help TONS of people WAKE UP!...you've certainly helped me understand some things:yes: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Very interesting!

Jason says something like the Bridge is designed to keep you there for ever. That is quite a trick! That is real to me now.

Aren't Freezoners still in that trap, which the Bridge is, even after getting out of the Church?

It is insidious!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
3. He said that the six-month sec checks have been cancelled as "an arbitrary". Omitting the whole heap of possible commentary on *that*, I've got a question: Is that right? Are the 6-month checks on Solo NOTs now history? I hadn't heard that before.
Paul

What I got, was that the massively long sec checks to start an OT level have been removed. When I was still in, late 2005, six-month checks were still in force.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
I got through most of the videos. I had some technical problems, like some videos not playing all the way through. but I'll work it out.

Obviously the video is for current Scientologist and new ex Scientologist trying to make sense of their experience. I'm behind the message and agree with it although his message is deep. It's going to take some time to think it over and digest it. Like me, I think Beghe has a passion for the experience of waking up. He feels passionate about it and he wants others to experience it too.

Hopefully, this will be the recruitment video for the EX Sea Org!

Tom

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Six month checks were still in force as of November 2007. :yes:

6 monthly checks for OTVII are still in as of April 2008.
I got the impression from the video that Jason was referring to the OTV level he was on at the time.
So perhaps it should have been named 'Some Arbitraries Removed'. :p

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Dulloldfart! Don't be such a Dulloldfart! :)

Sure! - The interview is a talking head for 2 hours.. And it's ripe with scientologeeze and arcane cult concepts.. Not 'communicating' particularly well to someone uninitiated. They'll get the drift however...

So, maybe something could be made that would communicate very well.. I'm sure Mark Bunker can do that! That would take Mark interrupting Jason when he says something too cultish. Then talking over what to say and retake the shot. Could get rid of the 'talking head' too.. Make some of the takes on a city bus and walking in front of the SP building. Plunk in some footage of Hubbard talking shit.. To explain things. Pictures of overboarding and canned laughter.. And music.. A polished and entertaining production.

No way to avoid a certain degree of 'falsity' with it though. Any kind of 'directing' introduces some unbelievability.

This interview as it stands is just Jason Beghe 'uninterrupted'. No falsity there at all.. Just what he said! :yes:

I got the impression from the video that Jason was referring to the OTV level he was on at the time.
Hmm.. That might have been a lie they told Jason to handle him. Looks that way to me...

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very interesting!

Jason says something like the Bridge is designed to keep you there for ever. That is quite a trick! That is real to me now.

Aren't Freezoners still in that trap, which the Bridge is, even after getting out of the Church?

It is insidious!

Vinaire, what I got him saying is that the Church is designed as a "theta trap", where the people in it are happy to be in it, not realizing it is a Klein Bottle, or Mobius Strip, continually thinking that they will get out by continuing to follow instructions, when those instructions simply keep directing them around the strip, with a toll, the same toll, every time you pass a registrar: money. That while you are in it, what you are aware of is the reality of the Klein Bottle. And when you aren't in it, you aren't confined. The experience is liberating, if painful and difficult and full of losses... and if you are one who gets out, you have a different perspective from someone who has not gotten out. It's similar to the idea of Flatland. People who are in flatland cannot conceive of three dimension land. They see everything in terms of the dimensions they are trained to see. A globe becomes an arc in front of them, because they cannot see the whole thing. A dyed-in-the-wool scientologist is in Flatland! Of course, people who haven't been scientologists (or some other kind of "ist") are also in flatland. It is only by realizing that there is another world, and then seeing both of them, that we have the new perspective (closest thing to exteriorizing, IMO) that incorporates them both.

I wouldn't trade my scientology experience for anything, just as I wouldn't trade my military experience for anything. On exiting each experience, I can then look back at them, compare and contrast them, and see from a new perspective.

It's called wisdom, and it becomes progressively more difficult and pointless to try to communicate as one becomes wiser. Of course, I can communicate mundane topics, but the more rarified my perspective (due to my having had different experiences to others), them more impossible it becomes to communicate that perspective: you have to have been there. Which is why we go there. To mine meaning out of experience, and find a community of people who have been there.

To sum up, we are the sum of the derivatives of our experiences that we have taken.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thank you Neo, Good twin and ImOut for answering my question.

Paul

Vinaire

Sponsor
Vinaire, what I got him saying is that the Church is designed as a "theta trap", where the people in it are happy to be in it, not realizing it is a Klein Bottle, or Mobius Strip, continually thinking that they will get out by continuing to follow instructions, when those instructions simply keep directing them around the strip, with a toll, the same toll, every time you pass a registrar: money. That while you are in it, what you are aware of is the reality of the Klein Bottle. And when you aren't in it, you aren't confined. The experience is liberating, if painful and difficult and full of losses... and if you are one who gets out, you have a different perspective from someone who has not gotten out. It's similar to the idea of Flatland. People who are in flatland cannot conceive of three dimension land. They see everything in terms of the dimensions they are trained to see. A globe becomes an arc in front of them, because they cannot see the whole thing. A dyed-in-the-wool scientologist is in Flatland! Of course, people who haven't been scientologists (or some other kind of "ist") are also in flatland. It is only by realizing that there is another world, and then seeing both of them, that we have the new perspective (closest thing to exteriorizing, IMO) that incorporates them both.

I wouldn't trade my scientology experience for anything, just as I wouldn't trade my military experience for anything. On exiting each experience, I can then look back at them, compare and contrast them, and see from a new perspective.

It's called wisdom, and it becomes progressively more difficult and pointless to try to communicate as one becomes wiser. Of course, I can communicate mundane topics, but the more rarified my perspective (due to my having had different experiences to others), them more impossible it becomes to communicate that perspective: you have to have been there. Which is why we go there. To mine meaning out of experience, and find a community of people who have been there.

To sum up, we are the sum of the derivatives of our experiences that we have taken.

What I am getting is that more than "Church," the "Bridge" itself is a theta trap as one gets progressively worse as one is moving ahead on that bridge.

My best wins were right at the beginning too.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Scientology is simply an invitation for you to create yourself anew as a Scientologist.

It's very hard to change yourself. The greatest sorrows in life can stem from being unable to change things about yourself that you really really do not like.

For people who need a way out of their present lives, the wins at the initial stages of Scientology serve as a powerful invitation to begin building a new self, a new way to be, and a route out of your present circumstances.

That's why you buy all the books and tapes. You get busy learning this new "you" so you can change, really change, and become someone new and more improved.

Scientology certainly worked for me in the beginning to help me change myself. It probably saved my life in that respect. I felt huge relief from clinging to the simplicity (over-simplicity) that auditing would handle everything if I just stayed ethical enough. It kept me going for years.

I think that's why the biggest wins are at the beginning. You give them to yourself to provide the impetus and the courage you need to make the changes in your life necessary to create a new self.

And then we wake up to discover that the new self we created was just a controlled unit on a cult hamster wheel.

Well, at least now you know you can change yourself!

Congratulations!

You changed yourself!!

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I've been reading in the FoxNews article about how Jason went back to his old high school friend, David Duchovny, and started telling him, for the first time with no PR or sales pitch, about Scientology.

And they both died laughing about it.

I did that, too.

Repairing all the old friendships I had ruined because of Scientology was an important step for me. It started giving me my old self back.

I hope Jason gets everything back that he lost from Scientology.

And then some.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Shit....jesus, he is the clearest fuckin' clear I've ever fuckin' met. He's also more fuckin' OT than any OT I ever fuckin' met.

Oh jesus, I'm in Jason fuckin' Beghe's valance and I don't want to get out.

I'm putting every Jason fuckin' Beghe movie on my Netflix queue immediately.

I love this guy, in a manly kind of way:unsure:

Last edited: