What's new

Jason Beghe to Scientology Mouthpiece Tommy Davis: 'You're Losing Your Soul'

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/05/jason_beghe_to.php#more

Scientology defector Jason Beghe on Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis: "You see the eyes, the lying that he’s doing. Anybody can see that this guy is not clean. It’s clear as day."

Last week, John Roberts of CNN grilled Tommy Davis, a Scientology spokesman, who was predictably evasive about what L. Ron Hubbard’s wacky minions are up to. ‘Disconnection,’ the church policy of splitting up families in order to shun critics of the church? Never happens, Davis claimed. And as for that high-priced stuff about removing alien souls with lie detector machines? “It’s unrecognizable to me,” Davis told Roberts.

But it was Davis himself who was practically unrecognizable, Jason Beghe tells the Voice.

Beghe is Scientology’s most notorious recent defector, a veteran film and television actor who, after twelve years and approximately $1 million spent on the religion, defected in spectacular manner with a web video in which he denounced Scientology as “destructive and a rip-off.”

Davis, meanwhile, is the son of another Scientology celebrity, actress Anne Archer. He’s a longtime Hubbardite himself, and helped to run the Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles. Davis told Rolling Stone in 2006 that L. Ron Hubbard was “the coolest guy ever.” Davis is also well known for provoking BBC journalist John Sweeney into a temper tantrum that became a YouTube hit last year.

Beghe, however, has more personal memories of the man.

“On the day I was getting married, I was waiting in my house with David Duchovny, my best man, and everything was fine. Then about an hour before I had to go, I started to get nervous. I don’t drink much, so I don’t have much to drink in the house. So I called Tommy Davis and he brought me a cold six-pack.”

And there was also this: “I had a terrible car accident,” Beghe says. “I was in a coma for three and a half weeks. Either Tommy or someone else from Celebrity Centre was with me for that entire time.”

“I know this guy,” Beghe says.

And that’s why Davis’s appearance on CNN was so troubling, Beghe explains.

“He was saying there’s no Disconnection. That’s a fucking lie. I’m not even a declared suppressive person, and they’ve all disconnected from me,” Beghe says about his former friends in the church. “They kicked my four-year-old son out of a fucking Scientology school. There’s your church.”

Davis, however, looked terrible as he tried to spin Roberts. “He’s lying, and it shows. What really saddened me, this was one of the most handsome, beautiful kids I’d seen in my life. And he’s starting to look like a hardcore Scientologist. He’s no longer beautiful. You see the eyes, the lying that he’s doing. Anybody can see that this guy is not clean. It’s clear as day,” Beghe says.

“I felt sorry for Tommy. If he’s reading this, I want to tell him: you’re losing your soul. Look in the mirror. You look like a liar. And remember what happened to Mike Rinder. You’re starting to look like that,” Beghe adds, referring to a former high-level official who recently “blew,” or left the organization. “They used Rinder as a spokesman, when he was the kind of person you’d cast in a movie as the villain. It was chilling. And Tommy is getting that look.”

Beghe says that he’s heard the reports that after the Sweeney matter, Davis was put on “RPF”—Rehabilitation Project Force—a notorious program of manual labor that Hubbard created to “redeem” wayward Scientologists.

“The RPF is there to suppress you, to make you toe the line. They pull all your hidden data [make people confess to wrongdoings in intense therapy sessions], they make you do menial, repetitive labor. And there’s sleep deprivation. This is bad shit,” Beghe says.

After watching last week, Beghe says Davis looks like he’d been through that kind of program.

“When I saw him on CNN, I thought, ‘Oh my God, what have they done to this guy.’”
Beghe, who had reached ‘OT V’, one of the highest levels in the church, which charges increasingly substantial amounts of money to learn its secrets, acknowledges that Davis may not yet have attained OT III. At that level, which costs about $100,000 to attain, parishioners are finally told Scientology’s origin story—that a galactic overlord named Xenu brought surplus aliens to Earth and destroyed them, but the disembodied souls of those aliens are still among us, attached to people, and only Hubbard’s “technology”—a talking cure—can remove them.

If Davis hasn’t reached OT III, Beghe points out, it’s possible that he’s telling the truth when Roberts asked him about the alien souls and Davis responded that it was “unrecognizable.” But as a church spokesman, it’s hard to believe that he isn’t aware how much Scientology’s secrets are now part of popular culture.

Either way, Beghe says, Davis is well aware of the way Scientology splits up families, goes after critics, and charges people higher and higher amounts for superpowers that never materialize.

“You stand up there and lie and cover up something that is evil, that is going to take its toll,” Beghe says.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tommy Davis

When my wife, Dr. Donna Shannon, was on the EPF in 2005, Tommy Davis was "on the decks" getting sec-checks and doing manual labor alongside the EPF. This was at Flag. Tommy was pulled out of a class , and in front of the class, an RTC rep holding his ear, degraded him in front of the classroom full of people, telling him he was withholding crimes, and it had all come out in his sec-checks. The EPF in charge put Tommy under my wife on a work detail, and told her to give him the toughest jobs. Donna got in comm with him, and Tommy started to unburden to her, then caught himself, and went to the party line, "I want my post back at CC Int" shit. He was broke, as they had taken his wallet. Donna loaned him $100, which he paid back.

One wonders, how many times this heavy ethics cycle can be repeated before a person cracks, blows, goes crazy, or who knows what. Jason is right. Here is a decent guy who is being pushed into a weird false personality by Communist mind fuck techniques. It sucks. Oh, and no disconnection, huh? Well, just have my family call then....

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Perhaps AD58 will be a year that goes down in history.

When, and please note the use of the word "when", the 2nd Iron Man begins to get filmed, I think Jason Beghe would be a perfect candidate to join the cast, even if it is as a villian, and Jason can get more in comm with MDjr who has gone through the ringer and came out without the help of Narconon or any other LRH tech.

Chris Carter needs to get involved. Can you just imagine an X-files movie with Xenu? And since Xenu is in comic books already they havew the perfect "out" and can't get lambasted before the release. The Church can't put out any kind of cease and desist order if Marvel Comics is willing to play along.

History is about to change before it happens.

Rd00

Wisened One

Crusader
Gooooo JASON! :happydance:

KEEP telling the Media your stories, feelings, and the TRUTH about Scn! :happydance:

And I agree that Chris Carter and David Duchovny should get together and make some X-Files movies about Xenu/Scn/Cults, etc...

(Thay may have already, their new movie is set to be released this July I believe!)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/05/jason_beghe_to.php#more

Scientology defector Jason Beghe on Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis: "You see the eyes, the lying that he’s doing. Anybody can see that this guy is not clean. It’s clear as day."

Last week, John Roberts of CNN grilled Tommy Davis, a Scientology spokesman, who was predictably evasive about what L. Ron Hubbard’s wacky minions are up to. ‘Disconnection,’ the church policy of splitting up families in order to shun critics of the church? Never happens, Davis claimed. And as for that high-priced stuff about removing alien souls with lie detector machines? “It’s unrecognizable to me,” Davis told Roberts.

But it was Davis himself who was practically unrecognizable, Jason Beghe tells the Voice.

Beghe is Scientology’s most notorious recent defector, a veteran film and television actor who, after twelve years and approximately $1 million spent on the religion, defected in spectacular manner with a web video in which he denounced Scientology as “destructive and a rip-off.”

Davis, meanwhile, is the son of another Scientology celebrity, actress Anne Archer. He’s a longtime Hubbardite himself, and helped to run the Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles. Davis told Rolling Stone in 2006 that L. Ron Hubbard was “the coolest guy ever.” Davis is also well known for provoking BBC journalist John Sweeney into a temper tantrum that became a YouTube hit last year.

Beghe, however, has more personal memories of the man.

“On the day I was getting married, I was waiting in my house with David Duchovny, my best man, and everything was fine. Then about an hour before I had to go, I started to get nervous. I don’t drink much, so I don’t have much to drink in the house. So I called Tommy Davis and he brought me a cold six-pack.”

And there was also this: “I had a terrible car accident,” Beghe says. “I was in a coma for three and a half weeks. Either Tommy or someone else from Celebrity Centre was with me for that entire time.”

“I know this guy,” Beghe says.

And that’s why Davis’s appearance on CNN was so troubling, Beghe explains.

“He was saying there’s no Disconnection. That’s a fucking lie. I’m not even a declared suppressive person, and they’ve all disconnected from me,” Beghe says about his former friends in the church. “They kicked my four-year-old son out of a fucking Scientology school. There’s your church.”

Davis, however, looked terrible as he tried to spin Roberts. “He’s lying, and it shows. What really saddened me, this was one of the most handsome, beautiful kids I’d seen in my life. And he’s starting to look like a hardcore Scientologist. He’s no longer beautiful. You see the eyes, the lying that he’s doing. Anybody can see that this guy is not clean. It’s clear as day,” Beghe says.

“I felt sorry for Tommy. If he’s reading this, I want to tell him: you’re losing your soul. Look in the mirror. You look like a liar. And remember what happened to Mike Rinder. You’re starting to look like that,” Beghe adds, referring to a former high-level official who recently “blew,” or left the organization. “They used Rinder as a spokesman, when he was the kind of person you’d cast in a movie as the villain. It was chilling. And Tommy is getting that look.”

Beghe says that he’s heard the reports that after the Sweeney matter, Davis was put on “RPF”—Rehabilitation Project Force—a notorious program of manual labor that Hubbard created to “redeem” wayward Scientologists.

“The RPF is there to suppress you, to make you toe the line. They pull all your hidden data [make people confess to wrongdoings in intense therapy sessions], they make you do menial, repetitive labor. And there’s sleep deprivation. This is bad shit,” Beghe says.

After watching last week, Beghe says Davis looks like he’d been through that kind of program.

“When I saw him on CNN, I thought, ‘Oh my God, what have they done to this guy.’”
Beghe, who had reached ‘OT V’, one of the highest levels in the church, which charges increasingly substantial amounts of money to learn its secrets, acknowledges that Davis may not yet have attained OT III. At that level, which costs about $100,000 to attain, parishioners are finally told Scientology’s origin story—that a galactic overlord named Xenu brought surplus aliens to Earth and destroyed them, but the disembodied souls of those aliens are still among us, attached to people, and only Hubbard’s “technology”—a talking cure—can remove them.

If Davis hasn’t reached OT III, Beghe points out, it’s possible that he’s telling the truth when Roberts asked him about the alien souls and Davis responded that it was “unrecognizable.” But as a church spokesman, it’s hard to believe that he isn’t aware how much Scientology’s secrets are now part of popular culture.

Either way, Beghe says, Davis is well aware of the way Scientology splits up families, goes after critics, and charges people higher and higher amounts for superpowers that never materialize.

“You stand up there and lie and cover up something that is evil, that is going to take its toll,” Beghe says.

:bump2: It is 2014 and Tommy Davis is out of the Sea Org. Based on his deposition - he is still under the spell of Scientology! I had no idea Jason Beghe was friends and knew Tommy Davis personally. Two friends...both out and the only thing separating them ... is Scientology.

Scientology ~ The Science of "Disconnection and Shattered Families and Friendships" since 1950! Ain't it great how this "religion" is clearing the planet?:whistling:

Now someone please get me the LRH reference on "3rd Party Law":coolwink: Who is the 3rd party, cleverly hidden? Jason Beghe knows!! Tommy Davis, please wake up!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought I read per Tommy's recent deposition that he is not OUT of the Sea Org, just on a sabbatical. Maybe he is waiting until ELcon the master himself is back 'in town' before he uhmmm runs for Vice president of Bulgravia.